Newb needs some help....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newb needs some help.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have never owned a sports car, and up until I bought my WRX I have never road in one ...

Newb needs some help....

I have never owned a sports car, and up until I bought my WRX I have never road in one either... I think the world of my car and I have only had it for 2 days... I live in an area full of domestic cars... Now, what cars should I look out for? Say at a stop light I wanted to have a little fun, like first to 80 or something, not any full bore street race, espcially anything that would endanger anyone, just playing around. I have an '03 WRX with a 5 speed and no other mods with 70,000 miles, and just regular performance tires in decent shape, nothing fancy. A majority of cars I see are 4.6 and 5.0 mustangs, cameros, trans-ams, some hopped up neons, cobalt ss's, chargers, and maybe a 3000 gt every now and then, not really any VR-4 turbos though. would anything like that really put me to shame or do I stand a chance at giving those guys a run for their money? Just wondering, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your AWD will own most of those cars from a start, down the road or on a freeway, you can forget about it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

So I would be good until about a quater mile, or like mid third gear? What would you recommend for the first thing I should upgrade if I wanted just a little bit more power from it?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    So I would be good until about a quater mile, or like mid third gear? What would you recommend for the first thing I should upgrade if I wanted just a little bit more power from it?

no your good for the first 100 feet or so.... then watch your back

the stock 2.0l WRX has about 168 hp you will need to almost double that to beat those cars mentioned.

to really have a chance with todays quick cars you need a bigger turbo and supporting mods and a good tune.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I HAVE HAD SPORTS CAR AND HAVE RIDEN IN THEM. I HAD A TOYOTA SPYDER LIGHT AND FAST FOR THE FIRST THREE GEARS, NON TURBO. I NOW HAVE A WRX 2005 WITH JUST A TURBO BACK EXHAUST. ITS EXTREMELY FAST TO GET TO 80 I HIT 80 IN SECOND GEAR. BUT DONT GO UP AGAINST THE EVO YET YOU WILL GET SMOKED. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE A STOCK SRT4, COBALT, 04 AND BELOW MUSTANG, THATS ALL I REALLY CAN THINK OF

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    I HAVE HAD SPORTS CAR AND HAVE RIDEN IN THEM. I HAD A TOYOTA SPYDER LIGHT AND FAST FOR THE FIRST THREE GEARS, NON TURBO. I NOW HAVE A WRX 2005 WITH JUST A TURBO BACK EXHAUST. ITS EXTREMELY FAST TO GET TO 80 I HIT 80 IN SECOND GEAR. BUT DONT GO UP AGAINST THE EVO YET YOU WILL GET SMOKED. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE A STOCK SRT4, COBALT, 04 AND BELOW MUSTANG, THATS ALL I REALLY CAN THINK OF
    please do not listen to any of this advice. if thats what you want to call it.

first of all 80mph in second gear??? you do not have to lie.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

ARE YOU SERIOUS I JUST DID THIS THE OTHER DAY AND IM NOT THE ONE TO TALK **** I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO PROVE IM TELLING YOU WAT MAYBE YOU HAVE NEVER TRYED TO REDLINE WHEN YOU SHIFT,

You said you have a turbo back...... are you runnin any engine management with that?
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

Banned
    ARE YOU SERIOUS I JUST DID THIS THE OTHER DAY AND IM NOT THE ONE TO TALK **** I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO PROVE IM TELLING YOU WAT MAYBE YOU HAVE NEVER TRYED TO REDLINE WHEN YOU SHIFT,
    CAPSLOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

anybody who types in all caps is a person who talks ****.

i just dont believe you

i Work In The Alarm Room @ A Fire Dept In California Its On The Computer We Have To For One But Wat Kind Of Rex Do You Drive

i Work In The Alarm Room @ A Fire Dept In California Its On The Computer We Have To For One But Wat Kind Of Rex Do You Drive
    we drive the same car 2.0l WRX 5 speed only mine has nicer looking headlights

Congrats on your purchase of an awesome car.

I'd recommend getting "stage 2"...popular mod (quite easy too) and gives you a considerable amount of horses.

I'm havin trouble believing that as well..... I'm not familiar with the wrx gear ratios...... but my stage 2 STi wont even do that........
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

No Im Not Running Any Engine Management Yet Want To Get The Cobb Acessport. $695.00. An Uppipe, Downpipe With Highflow Cat And High Flow Muffler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast