Newb needs some help.... - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Newb needs some help.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here My Back You Cant Really See The Exhaust That Well Though...

Here My Back You Cant Really See The Exhaust That Well Though
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE THE THERMOSTAT IS LOCATED???????

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    I WANT THE COBB. YOU GET FREE UPGRADED MAPS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR THE MODS THAT YOU PUT ON UR VEHICLE. THAT IS AWESOME AND IT SHOWS BOOST, TACH 1/4 MILE DRAG, EST HORSEPOWER,TQ, ITS A GOOD SETUP. 695.00 THOUGH..
    I don't think you can download maps based on specific mods done to a car. All the cobb ones are OTS. To get a map based on your mods then you have to either make it yourself via romraider or something or get a protune/dynotune or what have you.

That would be cool though.
    Mine's still in the mail, but I got my v2 for $450.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

ooooook atleast in my 07 WRX, i know from the manual second gear redlines at either 59 or 61. i can't remember, but the moral of the story is thers no chance you hit 80 in second gear. if you still dissagree, get up to 80, drop it into second, tell us what happens.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

wow that was dumb y would i do that i was redline in second at or around 75mph. i know this because i stuck in the clucth and coasted after and looked down and it was reading 75 you dont have to believe but maybe my gauge is off, but thats wat it read

To the OP... I wouldn't race anybody until you learn more about how your WRX handles, and not just in a straight line. Get some drive-time in, then look to upgrade the handling first (tires, suspension, driver mod, etc...). Then you can worry about power add-ons.

I only say this because you stated you were new to performance cars. I wouldn't be surprised if, after a couple weeks, you start looking more for twistie, backroads instead of mustangs and hondas at a stoplight.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

... I NOW HAVE A WRX 2005 WITH JUST A TURBO BACK EXHAUST. ITS EXTREMELY FAST TO GET TO 80 I HIT 80 IN SECOND GEAR. ...
    This is complete BS. The only way you'll see 80mph in 2nd gear is if you rev to a little over 8500RPM - -. Even if you rev past the 7000RPM redline every time you upshift, which is retarded to begin with, you'd have to go way above the redline to get to 80mph in 2nd.

Don't even try to argue this because you just can't argue physics, so...in conclusion:

1 - your tach and/or speedometer are broken
    2 - you're plain lying, or
    3 - you really are revving to 8500+RPM in 2nd, in which case - good luck with that engine

wow that was dumb y would i do that i was redline in second at or around 75mph...
    This is BS too, based on the same physics mentioned above. Speed at the 7000RPM redline in 2nd is ~66MPH (65.8MPH - to be exact). Thank you, try again.
    Last edited by jmp2006; 03-16-2008 at 10:01 AM.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm shutting this useless thread down.

OP: You should be on the lookout for my car, because if you hit me while streetracing at 80mph on public roads, the consequences for you will be great.

Others: Unless you've got some sort of exotic gear set that I've never heard of, you're not going to get a USDM WRX to 80mph (or 75mph) in 2nd gear without revving well beyond the redline, as stated. Be careful spouting off anecdotal claims around here; there's a fair amount of tech-minded people who know better.

More others: If you want to ask about the location of a thermostat, please do so in the correct forum; General Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry I missed this one.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.