Newb needs some help.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newb needs some help.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by joeyhill79 I'm havin trouble believing that as well..... I'm not familiar with the wrx gear ratios...... but ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyhill79 View Post
    I'm havin trouble believing that as well..... I'm not familiar with the wrx gear ratios...... but my stage 2 STi wont even do that........
    given that the wrx is a 5 speed the gears are a bit taller but 80mph=Bull****
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should get EM as soon as possible..... not a good idea to run a turbo back without it......just lookin out for a fellow rexer
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

WELL ALL I HAVE IS THAT BLACK FIBERGLASS HOOD AND THE TURBO BACK. THAT IS TRUE YOU WILL NOT SEE THIS SPEED IN SECOND GEAR WITH THE STI BECAUSE OF THE SIX SPEED, THATS WHY THERES A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO SAY (IM NOT ONE OF THEM) THAT SAY THE WRX IS BETTER FOR DRAG LESS SHIFTING MEANS FASTER DRAG TIMES. ITS A LOGICAL THEORY THOUGH. HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE THERMOSTAT IS LOCATED ON THE WRX I JUST BOUGHT THE 160 THERMO. THANX

Quote Originally Posted by joeyhill79 View Post
    You should get EM as soon as possible..... not a good idea to run a turbo back without it......just lookin out for a fellow rexer
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    No Im Not Running Any Engine Management Yet Want To Get The Cobb Acessport. $695.00. An Uppipe, Downpipe With Highflow Cat And High Flow Muffler.
    do you have a catless uppipe with your TBE?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

yeah............. I'll take the 300hp STi over the wrx in a drag race anyday.
    Do you mean that a modded wrx has more exceleration potential (given it has the same hp as an STi) because of the gear ratios?
    Interesting.......
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

YEA THE UPIPE IS CATLESS WITH THE FLEX IN THE MIDDLE. HIGH FLOW CAT ON DOWN PIPE TO PASS EMISSIONS

YEA THE UPIPE IS CATLESS WITH THE FLEX IN THE MIDDLE. HIGH FLOW CAT ON DOWN PIPE TO PASS EMISSIONS
    its a good idea to get some engine management or a tune, you would net 50hp 60tq with a good tune

MY GUESS IF THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME WHEEL HP AND THE WRX HAD THE SAME CLUTCH AS THE STI OR STRONGER THEN YES.

Just In Drag.......... Track: Wrx Would Get Smoked From The Sti On A Track With The Same Skilled Driver.

MY GUESS IF THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME WHEEL HP AND THE WRX HAD THE SAME CLUTCH AS THE STI OR STRONGER THEN YES.
    not really, the STI tranny is going to be just as fast to any given speed.

the potential for the STI is real power the WRX tranny can not handle any real power it breaks way too easily

anybody who knows anything about WRXs knows the Tranny is the weakest part of the drivetrain.

I WANT THE COBB. YOU GET FREE UPGRADED MAPS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR THE MODS THAT YOU PUT ON UR VEHICLE. THAT IS AWESOME AND IT SHOWS BOOST, TACH 1/4 MILE DRAG, EST HORSEPOWER,TQ, ITS A GOOD SETUP. 695.00 THOUGH..

I WANT THE COBB. YOU GET FREE UPGRADED MAPS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR THE MODS THAT YOU PUT ON UR VEHICLE. THAT IS AWESOME AND IT SHOWS BOOST, TACH 1/4 MILE DRAG, EST HORSEPOWER,TQ, ITS A GOOD SETUP. 695.00 THOUGH..
    thats what im getting also.

Thats Why I Said Upgrade The Clutch And Flywheel Its A Given.duh

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Say at a stop light I wanted to have a little fun, like first to 80 or something, not any full bore street race, espcially anything that would endanger anyone, just playing around.
    I just re-read this........
    80mph on a public street IS endangering EVERYONE......
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

Just so you know.... the "DYNO" portion of the AP is not yet included.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast