06 sti-1 06 350z-0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti-1 06 350z-0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yet another bozo who thinks his z is the baddest car in all the land. I was going to just ...

Banned

06 sti-1 06 350z-0

Yet another bozo who thinks his z is the baddest car in all the land. I was going to just let him pass bye while merging on the highway, but for some reason lately when people see my car they turn into a race car driver, cutting me off and weaving in and out of traffic. We happened to meet up after paying for tolls, and i'll just say I was not impressed. my brother in laws 07 speed3 pulled a little bit harder. anybody else have similar experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, 350z's arent that fast. Just goes to show, losers can buy slow cars too.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I love my Z but Sti > 350z in terms of performance. Theres no other way around it.

Of course you do pay more.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 03-13-2008 at 06:12 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Z's are overated, but are still super sexy.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of the owners are to blame. It's a somewhat flashy car so it gets a lot of braggarts and its relatively affordable for a 2 seater so theres a lot of "my first sports car" people that act like they got a Porsche or something. At the end of the day It s a good well rounded car for what it is. For the 26K I paid I can't fault it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

A guy at my work has a black one, It might be THE sexiest one I have seen. Tastefully modded with the Fairlady emblems to boot!
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

its not hard to take one out. there slightly overrated in there power output and weight to much. my dd is a 04 g35x awd sedan. skyline atessa fTW! anyway. my a/t vs my friends 04 5psd 350z (same motors/hp rating) stock vs stock im maybe 2cars back by 110. and my car weighs 3600lbs they should come with at least 330 out of the box. the vq35 is an average at best motor and the same with its mod potential.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    the vq35 is an average at best motor and the same with its mod potential.
    I disagree.

The VQ35 is an excellent motor. It's just that people expect certain performance from the Z that the motor in its current trim doesn't always live upto.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I disagree.

The VQ35 is an excellent motor. It's just that people expect certain performance from the Z that the motor in its current trim doesn't always live upto.
    +1

It's great as is. Doesn't respond to mods that well because it's tuned quite well for what it is from the factory. When Borla first released their "true dual" exhaust system - it actually lost power compared to stock. (I believe they made some changes because of this)

What's great is when my friends refuse to believe the WRX is faster.

"it's not as fast as it looks" is what I always find myself saying about the 350Z. However, it is a beautiful car and incredibly easy to drive at about 8/10ths from the moment you get in the drivers seat. Very intuitive and has a good amount of torque down low. Horrid rearward visibility and not much trunk space - but I didn't buy it for practicality.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Banned
    just want to make it clear that in no way am I downing the 350z as a car. I think they are nice, sleek sporty cars. Probably one of my favorite looking 2 doors.

to each his own. i remember when they were racing jgtc 350z's with rb26s because the vq couldn't cut it. i know after tons and tons of cash and r&d later they went back to the orig motor (if you can call it that) it just hard to call it a good motor when it will always be in the shadow of a 10yr old rb26. that makes just as much hp stock vs stock and has the mod potential for 700+whp on the stock motor. face it having to replace the bottom end with forged setups at 400whpish doesn't cut by todays motors at all. but in the end i own one its great, very torquee, gets fair gas mileage and had a very good service record which will make it great for many miles to come. oh and having the same sexy exhaust as the z come out of my 4dr g makes peoples head turn all the time.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i've had different experience with STIs. i've done several highway and runs form a dig with STIs and EVOs in my 07Z and it was exactly what i expected. dig i was left behind, on the highway I can state without any second thoughts that the STI is probably equally fast. last time i ran one of my buddy's STI (he was stock then) it took me up to 130mph to just get little bit ahaed of him. i have no idea how the old generation VQ motors are, but i love the HR motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    i've had different experience with STIs. i've done several highway and runs form a dig with STIs and EVOs in my 07Z and it was exactly what i expected. dig i was left behind, on the highway I can state without any second thoughts that the STI is probably equally fast. last time i ran one of my buddy's STI (he was stock then) it took me up to 130mph to just get little bit ahaed of him. i have no idea how the old generation VQ motors are, but i love the HR motor.
    then the sti driver wasnt that great. i raced a 350 from a dig, killed it. he wanted to do 60-90 for sum reason.....killed him. went on the interstate 60-top speed....killed him all 3 times. and im stock, he had a greddy exhaust system.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #119

Banned
    when I raced the z we only went from 40 to about 95ish. while i was still pulling on him a little, im sure if we kept going my all wheel drive have only hurt me and helped the z pull ahead. I raced a new g35 on the highway from about 60 to 100 and it was a little closer. we were almost dead even at 90, it was real close. g35 had exhaust too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast