'08 WRX vs Audi R8 (2nd Kill!!)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '08 WRX vs Audi R8 (2nd Kill!!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just kidding, but I did get passed by one that was going well into the triple digits. Yesterday on my ...

'08 WRX vs Audi R8 (2nd Kill!!)

Just kidding, but I did get passed by one that was going well into the triple digits.

Yesterday on my way home from work I was headed west on the PA turnpike toward KOP. I noticed the lights of an Audi R8 coming up behind me fast. I stayed where I was (middle lane) and maintained speed (about 70). This guy was weeving in and out of traffic and blew by me like I was standing still. I got into the far left lane and sped up to about 80 to try and follow him a little just because I wanted to see his car some more. It wouldn't have made a difference if I sped up to 120. The distance between our cars just kept growing until he breaked hard and switched 2 lanes to the far right lane to exit onto the Northeast extension. He cut like 2 lines of cars off just to do that.

I don't understand how people can drive like that in good conscience. Not only is he going to kill other people, but he's going to destroy a beautiful car in the process. The guy driving was definitely a jerk but his car was unbelievable. The lines of lights on each side of the front of the car look so intimidating as they approach from behind. I'd definitely date one for a couple months...
    Last edited by Grasmonky3; 03-12-2008 at 01:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definitely a jerk. hate people who do that man.....i want to see a r8 soo bad!
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

What a douche of a driver.

Definitely a nice looking car although I think the styling is a bit hit-or-miss. I feel it's a bit understated but that might have been the point all along.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

They are BEAUTIFUL cars in person.

I am not a huge fan of the car overall... I think it is overpriced and underperforms... but there is no doubt it is in the top 5 nicest looking cars I have ever seen in person.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post

I am not a huge fan of the car overall... I think it is overpriced and underperforms... but there is no doubt it is in the top 5 nicest looking cars I have ever seen in person.
    I can't speak on its performance as I know very little about the car but I truly can't stress just how intimidating they look when you see one gaining on you. Just scary.

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    What a douche of a driver.

Definitely a nice looking car although I think the styling is a bit hit-or-miss. I feel it's a bit understated but that might have been the point all along.
    +1 nice cars, douche driving it
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

i'm still dying to see one of those on the road. But three days ago, i was driving 5 south in la jolla, and saw...... a Veyron! i almost pee'd my pants, who knows maybe i did a little in the excitement. It was an older man driving a little over 65. Not being a dousche luckily. I couldn't whip out a camera in time, but now my life is lik 4% more complete. what are the odds!

Sorry for the OT post. but good imaginary kill.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I am not a huge fan of the car overall... I think it is overpriced and underperforms...
    Completely agree with this....they are basically on par with your standard 911 as far as performance goes. So, for that kind of money a GT3 is a better performing car, I feel.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I Support ClubWRX
    They IMHO are the most intimidating car on the road since the WS-6 Trans-Ams.

I've saw one in a show room and I've seen one driving. They sound great as well under some decent throttle.

Again probaly wouldnt be my first "Super Car" purchase....but I'd be all over it if I had a "collection" going.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Only time I've seen it was the Philly Auto Show...I took probably 30 different pics of it when I was there. But I think its a beautiful car. I personally probably would take it over a Porsche 911 or even GT3 just because its different and new.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    It beat the 911 by about 2 seconds on the Top Gear track. Half mile drag race the 911 one by half a car.

It's a beautiful car and a step in the right direction for Audi; soon it will be available with a V10. That should improve some numbers.

On a side note, I had a Gallardo fly past me on I-95 in Philly at like 2:30am one night. I just saw these HID's gaining on me like a fighter jet, I was going about 80mph. It flew by so fast but just enough for me to catch a glimpse of what it was...while stirring up all the paper/trash on the highway in it's wake.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX

I am not a huge fan of the car overall... I think it is overpriced and underperforms...

+123456

I have a collegue who is an ex-Audi nut who about creams himself thinking about it and I'm always like, meh "I'd rather have a new Sti or Evo X." Always sparks some interesting conversation. I saw a ton at SEMA and they do look good but I'd spend my money elsewhere. I think a Cayman S, 911 Turbo or an 08 Z06 Vette would be in my garage long long before the R8.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

CarreraS + extra money to spend on track days/maintenance as my primary sports car FTW.

AudiR8 for picking up high class hookers and making them have to walk funny for a week FTW.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    CarreraS + extra money to spend on track days/maintenance as my primary sports car FTW.

AudiR8 for picking up high class hookers and having to resign as governor of New York FTW.

Just my $.02
    Ninja Edited
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Was the R8 Silver? I do a ton of traveling into Philly and I live in Doylestown. So I m always getting on the turnpike in Fort Washington, and the other day I saw a Silver R8 getting on 476.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.