07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; god dont look at specs from HYUNDAI. my friends dad has a v6 sonata, which cant beat a 1.6 liter ...

Banned
    god dont look at specs from HYUNDAI. my friends dad has a v6 sonata, which cant beat a 1.6 liter 160 hp civic si.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    god dont look at specs from HYUNDAI. my friends dad has a v6 sonata, which cant beat a 1.6 liter 160 hp civic si.
    What year cars? And, I hardly think that this is even close to being an apples-to-apples comparison. The civic will weigh at least 500lbs. less than the Sonata, and if it's not one of the new body-style Sonatas then you can just forget it altogether.

The point is - I don't think Honda and Toyota should be discounting Hyundai as insignificant. They might just be surprised.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I Support ClubWRX
    The new Sonata reportedly puts out 234chp. Like many of the newer V6 sedans, I'm willing to bet it as more "area under the curve" than a stock WRX.

Make your jokes, folks, but the truth is that the Koreans are coming. I couldn't help but notice how many Kia's and Hyundai's were on the road in The Netherlands when I was over there, and they're popping up left and right where I live. I know many people that are trading in their Japanese minivans/sedans for one because they feel that they are getting more for their money.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 03-16-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm willing to bet it as more "area under the curve" than a stock WRX.
    sorry, what?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    sorry, what?

When looking at the torque plot of a given engine under load, the amount of space under the curve is a better indicator of useful power/driveability than the peak numbers, IMO. A turbo 4-banger may have a nice peak number, but many modern V6's with the same number will start having power available at a lower point in the rev band...more "area under the curve".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 02 wrx sleeper View Post
    I could be wrong here but I thinking he means if a AWD drive car is putting down 250 whp through 4 wheels and the FWD is putting down the same 250whp but through the 2 front wheels. From a rolling go the FWD is going to have the advantage because of less drive train loss. The Accord in this video has not dyno'd but most Accord with those mods are good for 240/250whp as is the stage 2 wrx. Also the Accord is actually heavier than the wrx (Accord 3298/ WRX3085) You can clearly see the Accord is quicker from a roll on the WRX stage2...... That's my .02 cents of what he meant(I hope). Also this is the only Honda(car) that puts down a little over 200 wheel TQ with these mods(besides a NSX). Low 200 wheel tq is not a huge thing but it's almost un heard of from a Honda
    If you're talking about crank HP you would have a point about the FWD advantage on a roll vs AWD. However, since it looks like we're talking about WHP, the drivetrain losses would already be accounted for and whether the 250whp goes to two wheels or four, there shouldn't be an advantage (from that perspective). Of course, the AWD has to make more HP at the crank (in general) to get the same power to the wheels as a FWD/RWD car.

It's too bad Honda doesn't put the 4 cyl turbo from the acura RDX into some sort of sporty car (S2000?) - that could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo16v View Post
    If you're talking about crank HP you would have a point about the FWD advantage on a roll vs AWD. However, since it looks like we're talking about WHP, the drivetrain losses would already be accounted for and whether the 250whp goes to two wheels or four, there shouldn't be an advantage (from that perspective). Of course, the AWD has to make more HP at the crank (in general) to get the same power to the wheels as a FWD/RWD car.

It's too bad Honda doesn't put the 4 cyl turbo from the acura RDX into some sort of sporty car (S2000?) - that could be interesting.

Yeah the RSX engine in a sports coupe would make a nice combo for Honda. This is what I don't get..... The stage 2 WRX makes 240whp and the Accord is making about the same defiantly no more. The Accord weighs 213 lbs more than the WRX and is quicker from a roll. Someone help me out on this one? Gearing and powerband maybe...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the RSX engine in a sports coupe would make a nice combo for Honda. This is what I don't get..... The stage 2 WRX makes 240whp and the Accord is making about the same defiantly no more. The Accord weighs 213 lbs more than the WRX and is quicker from a roll. Someone help me out on this one? Gearing and powerband maybe...
    What year WRX are you referring to? I believe the 2.0L models are closer to 225whp at Stage II.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    What year WRX are you referring to? I believe the 2.0L models are closer to 225whp at Stage II.

Very true...... I don't know why I was thinking 240 for some reason. So if the WRX is 225whp and the Accord is 240whp but is 200 lbs heavier I would like it would be a drivers race, not 3 cars from a 60mph roll in favor of the Accord. I'm just trying to figuire how the math works.

Banned
    as i said. NA hp>Turbo HP

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    as i said. NA hp>Turbo HP
    That literally makes no sense.^^^

Some things that could affect why the Accord is apparently faster from a roll:

1) Gearing - doesn't the accord have a 6 speed? I don't think this would be as big of an issue in a 2.5L WRX, but I've never driven a 2L so maybe they fall off the power band somewhat?
    2) Turbo lag - each shift (and at the start, if the driver doesn't brake-boost) the WRX loses time because the turbo has to spool up whereas the accord driver gets max power instantly when he/she gets to WOT. Obviously, more significant when you're going slower (relatively more shifting)
    3) Powerband - similar to gearing. I really don't know the powerbands of either a stgII 2L or an accord, but this is another potential difference.
    4) Depending on how fast you get up to - aerodynamics

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    There are way too many variables to say na hp>turbo hp it depends on the turbo, cams, gearing, and a great many other variables. A high performance NA engine normally has a smaller powerband than a high performance turbo engine. Turbo engines don't have to spin very fast to make power. Build a v6 na motor and a v6 turbo and more than likely the turbo motor will have a broader powerband.

Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo16v View Post
    That literally makes no sense.^^^

Some things that could affect why the Accord is apparently faster from a roll:

1) Gearing - doesn't the accord have a 6 speed? I don't think this would be as big of an issue in a 2.5L WRX, but I've never driven a 2L so maybe they fall off the power band somewhat?
    2) Turbo lag - each shift (and at the start, if the driver doesn't brake-boost) the WRX loses time because the turbo has to spool up whereas the accord driver gets max power instantly when he/she gets to WOT. Obviously, more significant when you're going slower (relatively more shifting)
    3) Powerband - similar to gearing. I really don't know the powerbands of either a stgII 2L or an accord, but this is another potential difference.
    4) Depending on how fast you get up to - aerodynamics
    Yes the Accord is a 6speed and those were some of the things I was thinking about myself of the 2 cars. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same thoughts as I did.

The driver of the stage 2 needless to say can drive and he's pretty right foot happy racing other cars(friends). He was on it and was in the right gear, lol
    I say

The video make the wrx look like shi*. The wrx does not even look like it's trying. I call BS. Something is not right. The accord was walking away pretty fast.

PLUS, there were two people in the accord!!! Another ???

Something is not right.

I call BS. Maybe the wrx driver weighted 400lbs and the wrx was running lean, maybe the impresa was an RS. Maybe the impress driver was in 5 gear Maybe the accord had racegas. Maybe the impressa has leaking boost. Maybe the impress was heat soaked from running too long? Whatever.

That's my .02
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

maybe the imprezla got dragged.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast