07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just looked at the you tube vid and already got 2 heterade reply's. Of course it's youtube so you're going ...

Just looked at the you tube vid and already got 2 heterade reply's. Of course it's youtube so you're going to get crazy fanboi's hatting every chance they get, lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Four times the torque? I'm guessing that person still counts on their fingers.

iLOL'd

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Four times the torque? I'm guessing that person still counts on their fingers.

iLOL'd

LOL, that's what I was thinking.... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a full stage 2 protune good for about 250whp and 310 to 330 tq on a base wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by 02 wrx sleeper View Post
    LOL, that's what I was thinking.... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a full stage 2 protune good for about 250whp and 310 to 330 tq on a base wrx?
    Depends on the year, but yeah.

My stageII + protune made 240/240 to the wheels on a conservative tune. Granted, I am on the 2.0L, but even the 2.5L would be lucky to hit 250/330.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Banned
    guys keep in mind. huge dif between honda 250 hp (NA) and wrx 250 hp (FI)

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    In terms of whp?

How so?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    How so? Other then different powerbands I dont see an arguement here.

I will say there is a huge difference between 250 hp (na) with no torque compared to 250hp with torque.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I will say there is a huge difference between 250 hp (na) with no torque compared to 250hp with torque.
    +1 to that. And, I think our measly little cars put out enough of that, especially the 2.5l ones.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    In terms of whp?

How so?

I could be wrong here but I thinking he means if a AWD drive car is putting down 250 whp through 4 wheels and the FWD is putting down the same 250whp but through the 2 front wheels. From a rolling go the FWD is going to have the advantage because of less drive train loss. The Accord in this video has not dyno'd but most Accord with those mods are good for 240/250whp as is the stage 2 wrx. Also the Accord is actually heavier than the wrx (Accord 3298/ WRX3085) You can clearly see the Accord is quicker from a roll on the WRX stage2...... That's my .02 cents of what he meant(I hope). Also this is the only Honda(car) that puts down a little over 200 wheel TQ with these mods(besides a NSX). Low 200 wheel tq is not a huge thing but it's almost un heard of from a Honda
    Last edited by 02 wrx sleeper; 03-15-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Banned
    those mods will not put down 250 whp on a accord. it has 244 to the crank
    i highly doubt those mods will add more than 30 whp

It's the area under the curve that Honda has traditionally had trouble with. Their no-torque wonders have to spin to ridiculous RPM to get a good horsepower rating. The problem with that is the first 6k rpm are gutless. If you can keep them at sewing-machine revs, they go ok, I guess.

You'd think that by now their engineers would have experienced torque in other engines and would want some of it for themselves. The new Accord is a step in that direction.

Too bad Hyundai is going to have a production sedan with a V8 and RWD before Honda/Acura does. I can't wait to see how their upcoming Genesis coupe does compared to the Accord too, v6 to v6.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

the new accord coupes look nice too, saw one the other day and it was pretty sweet. I am surprised though that it beat a stage 2 WRX..... do you guys think the WRX driver might not know what he was doing? like started out of boost or something? wrong gear? Or is this legit?

those mods will not put down 250 whp on a accord. it has 244 to the crank
    i highly doubt those mods will add more than 30 whp

He'll find out in the spring but he's counting on at least 240whp on a dyno jet

Quote Originally Posted by fulie1 View Post
    the new accord coupes look nice too, saw one the other day and it was pretty sweet. I am surprised though that it beat a stage 2 WRX..... do you guys think the WRX driver might not know what he was doing? like started out of boost or something? wrong gear? Or is this legit?
    The driver of the stage 2 needless to say can drive and he's pretty right foot happy racing other cars(friends). He was on it and was in the right gear, lol

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    It's the area under the curve that Honda has traditionally had trouble with. Their no-torque wonders have to spin to ridiculous RPM to get a good horsepower rating. The problem with that is the first 6k rpm are gutless. If you can keep them at sewing-machine revs, they go ok, I guess.

You'd think that by now their engineers would have experienced torque in other engines and would want some of it for themselves. The new Accord is a step in that direction.

Too bad Hyundai is going to have a production sedan with a V8 and RWD before Honda/Acura does. I can't wait to see how their upcoming Genesis coupe does compared to the Accord too, v6 to v6.

This is mostly true for most Honda's reving and making peak HP at 8000rpm or higher sometimes. The Accord V6 is different is has TQ down low for grunt aqnd makes peak HP around 6300/6500rpm and redline is at 6800rpm so in that sense it's not your typical Honda wind up toy, lol. The specs on that Hyundai V8 do look really impressive. Putting out well over 300hp and RWD.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.