07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 Accord V6 6speed coupe VS 03 Stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jmp2006 Pretty quick Accord. I wonder, however, if he'd be so quick to say "Bye-bye" to the ...

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    Pretty quick Accord.

I wonder, however, if he'd be so quick to say "Bye-bye" to the WRX if he had the guts to try that from a dig. I'd like to see a video of that, purely for scientific reasons, of course.
    If they went from a dig upto or passed 100mph I think the accord would put up a good fight. Stock they are low 14sec cars in the 6spd form.
    With those mods I would assume high 13's are possible.... and a stageII rex in most cases will only run mid-higher 13's with your occasional really good driver getting into lower 13's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    hahahaha, i knew it... god i love my gen 7 accord. its so god damn sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    hahahaha, i knew it... god i love my gen 7 accord. its so god damn sexy!
    No fanboi-ism's here.

The 7th gen Accord has several faults, but nonetheless is a great car.
    But comments like that are asking for people to start a "mine is better" argument.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    No fanboi-ism's here.

The 7th gen Accord has several faults, but nonetheless is a great car.
    But comments like that are asking for people to start a "mine is better" argument.

Yup,I love the WRX and it's not perfect and love the 7th Gen Accord too for being a sleeper but also not perfect. Really is there a perfect car that everyone can agree on? Probaly not...... Defiantly don't want ths to turn into any kind of hate thread.

Banned
    well guys. i posted a thread earlier on a 6 speed 05 accord coupe vs a 2007 wrx. and i wanted to see which is faster from a roll.

when i was selling my civic si, i was lookin into buying a wrx or new civic si. and i came accross my accord.

and i think its def best bang for the buck with leather heated seats smooth tranny powerful v6 so on and so on.

but from a dig, or in off road, or in snow or in rain. the wrx owns it.

its 2 dif types of cars and i really like both of them.

well guys. i posted a thread earlier on a 6 speed 05 accord coupe vs a 2007 wrx. and i wanted to see which is faster from a roll.

when i was selling my civic si, i was lookin into buying a wrx or new civic si. and i came accross my accord.

and i think its def best bang for the buck with leather heated seats smooth tranny powerful v6 so on and so on.

Congrats on your Accord purchase.... I agree both cars are very fun and have there advantages along with disadvantages. At least you can see how you'll do against a stage 2 . I really can't believe the difference from the thread that you started comapared to this one. A good amout of hate from some, where this one has been nothing but repect for the most part, please lets keep it this way.

definitely a surprise for me there

those new accords are pretty nice though
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

It is most certainly a great car for the money... and has a lot to offer. And of course, the sleeper/unsuspecting factor is great.
    But again, it has it's faults as does every car.

My stageII+protune and other goodies regularly put 2+ cars on an 07' 6spd Accord with exhaust and AEM intake from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by 02 wrx sleeper View Post
    Congrats on your Accord purchase.... I agree both cars are very fun and have there advantages along with disadvantages. At least you can see how you'll do against a stage 2 . I really can't believe the difference from the thread that you started comapared to this one. A good amout of hate from some, where this one has been nothing but repect for the most part, please lets keep it this way.
    I am on a mission from God to reduce ignorant fanboi talk around these parts.
    I only hope that one day my efforts pay off.

It has been really bad the couple years but it seems to be getting better now that wrx owners are becoming more aware of the fact that the 2.5L motor is not equal to an Enzo motor.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I am on a mission from God to reduce ignorant fanboi talk around these parts.
    I only hope that one day my efforts pay off.

It has been really bad the couple years but it seems to be getting better now that wrx owners are becoming more aware of the fact that the 2.5L motor is not equal to an Enzo motor.
    I left this site for a very long time because of all the bashing and BS issues. I gave it another shot with this thread and it seems like your work is starting to payoff from what I see.

It is most certainly a great car for the money... and has a lot to offer. And of course, the sleeper/unsuspecting factor is great.
    But again, it has it's faults as does every car.

My stageII+protune and other goodies regularly put 2+ cars on an 07' 6spd Accord with exhaust and AEM intake from a roll.

Yeah the big thing with the Accord for him was when he had a custom J-pipe and test pipe to delete the 3rd cat. Before those 2 mods he was 2 car behind the 05 Mustang GT with intake/tune and 410 gears from a 60mph roll. Now that same run they Accord is now a 1/2 behind the stang. On the flip side finding a moded Accord with these mods is like finding a needle in a hay stack, lol

Banned
    thats true but i believe he was still ahead of the wrx by more than 1.5 cars.

thats true but i believe he was still ahead of the wrx by more than 1.5 cars.

Hard to tell in the vid but he was 2.5 to 3 cars on the stage 2

The stage 2+ defiantly has some more kick but none of our friends have a + yet. I bet that will chance this spring though.....

As long as Subaru "insulates" the STi by giving the WRX a small turbo, the 2.5 won't live up to its potential. Once you're talking about a swap, give me 2.5 liters any day!

The standard WRX turbo was on the smallish side for a 2.0. The fact that they continued to use it with a 2.5 really shows how undersized it is. I guess only Evo owners are lucky enough to have both a stock turbo and stock FMIC that make mods really easy.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    As long as Subaru "insulates" the STi by giving the WRX a small turbo, the 2.5 won't live up to its potential. Once you're talking about a swap, give me 2.5 liters any day!

The standard WRX turbo was on the smallish side for a 2.0. The fact that they continued to use it with a 2.5 really shows how undersized it is. I guess only Evo owners are lucky enough to have both a stock turbo and stock FMIC that make mods really easy.
    I totally agree with this.

I think the td04 sized up pretty well with the 2.0L motor. I don't so much blame the size of the turbo, but rather its structure. The turbo on the GTI's is not only smaller than the td04 but it makes boost much sooner with less lag.

Nonetheless, the 2.0L wrx's running a catless setup and some EM (essentially stage2) work very well with the td04 IMO. But the td04 is just too small for the 2.5L motor. I understand that they can't put in a larger turbo due to the STI, but that motor (the 2.5) is made for a slightly larger turbo.... The only problem is the that the tranny can't even support the stock turbo in many cases.

The obvious solution is to use a VF39 style turbo with re-enforced 1-3 gears on the stock wrx and bump the STi upto an 18G or something of that sort. Lord knows the STI tranny can handle it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.