Wrx Racing an S4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Racing an S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was on my way to a buddies house and I'm driving a little fast cause I'm in a ...

Wrx Racing an S4

So I was on my way to a buddies house and I'm driving a little fast cause I'm in a rush; speed limit is 45, I'm doing 60.
    All of a sudden an Audi S4 comes flying, and I mean absolutely flying by me. I proceed to catch up. So now we're both going about 130 down a very bumpy road and we slow down, me still following him (one lane road).
    We turn left on to the big business/industrial road of our town, and he punches it. Now he's weaving through cars with me on his butt semi-conservatively to let him know he wasn't going anywhere lol.
    Finally I catch a no car area break and pull up along side him with ease, going about 110-115. By the time I was about to pass him I had to break to get behind him because of traffic ahead, so I break off to about 100 and he keeps gunning it.
    Out of goddamn no where a Cadillac being drove by some half blind old person runs through a redlight in the middle of traffic. The Audi almost hits him but miraculously slides to the left of him! Now his back end is sliding to the left, suddenly he overcorrects and slides right. His back tires both go up on the curb as he overcorrects again and slides further left and almost loses it. He finally catches it about three slides later. This whole time I'm weaving through traffic trying to brake, sliding around some but not to where I lost control (luckily).
    It looked the the chase scene out of FF3, but without the drifting lol.

And I know streetracing is kinda frowned upon in other threads I've read; sorry, but I couldn't pass a race up.

So that was probably the scariest thing I have ever done in a car and it severely spooked me. The time I caught air and swerved wasn't even near as bad.

So.... That's my story, just needed to write it / vent it out. I'm still kinda spooked lol

Oh, btw I'm stage 2+ Protuned, and I believe the S4 has a v8 w/ about 320chp
    Last edited by SilasJordan.USF; 03-10-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Specs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    And I know streetracing is kinda frowned upon in other threads I've read;
    Is this a mystery to you? Still?

Moving to WRX vs. the World.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF
    So that was probably the scariest thing I have ever done in a car and it severely spooked me.

I'm still kinda spooked lol
    Enough to never do it again?

Seriously, 100 where you're going to hit traffic is plain
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

NYCDieselWRX
    dayum thats crazy...gotta chill...i had a simular experience driving with a really tuned up oilder model GTI, **** FLEW!! well long story short i spun out and regained control only to knick a gaurd rail on the right side...i was lucky i didnt kill myself..since then ive vowed to drive chill no matter who tries me...or whatever amount of horse power i have...im gonna drive chill and save it for the track!
    I also enjoyed having fun with an s4, from a stop the s4 took me by about 2 car lengths on several lights from 0-60. we werent speeding, accelerating fast yea...but not speeding(speed limit is 55 on this main road its 4 lanes wide). But thru heavy traffic i was able to dirt him, inexperienced driver, but his s4 was sick fast compared to my BUTT stock WRX. He was deff Fast0r and SHOWED me lol...i kinda just kept up i wasnt trying to rag out my car but he deffinitely was, i could see a faint poof of black smoke when he shifted...

There's a world of difference between a couple of guys wanting to "try it out" from a remote redlight or punch it on the open interstate. It's quite another matter when idiots want to weave through traffic to see whose wang is biggest.

That's not racing - that's stupid. A break in traffic in an othewise urban area is not the place to try to hit top speed.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

wow...there are more and more of these.."i have a WRX and i think i can take on any car on streets in traffic" threads

have you ever given an unresponsive 6 y/o CPR?

I have, on a MVA call, because some ass much like yourself thought street racing is fun.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    too bad neither of you died
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Is this a mystery to you? Still?

Moving to WRX vs. the World.
    I sense a usernote has been added?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

be responsible and take it to the tracks bud. There is no need to put others at risk while you try to tokyo drift through the interstate.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    There's a world of difference between a couple of guys wanting to "try it out" from a remote redlight or punch it on the open interstate. It's quite another matter when idiots want to weave through traffic to see whose wang is biggest.

That's not racing - that's stupid. A break in traffic in an othewise urban area is not the place to try to hit top speed.
    +1... That's not racing, that's ricing.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

This is dumb, don't do stupid stuff where other people can get hurt.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    too bad neither of you died

Crumple yourself into a guardrail and the roads will just be that much safer.
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

Idiot!
    Find the nearest SCCA chapter and get into autocrossing. Get that crap off of the streets.
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDieselWRX View Post
    dayum thats crazy...gotta chill...i had a simular experience driving with a really tuned up oilder model GTI, **** FLEW!! well long story short i spun out and regained control only to knick a gaurd rail on the right side...i was lucky i didnt kill myself..since then ive vowed to drive chill no matter who tries me...or whatever amount of horse power i have...im gonna drive chill and save it for the track!
    I also enjoyed having fun with an s4, from a stop the s4 took me by about 2 car lengths on several lights from 0-60. we werent speeding, accelerating fast yea...but not speeding(speed limit is 55 on this main road its 4 lanes wide). But thru heavy traffic i was able to dirt him, inexperienced driver, but his s4 was sick fast compared to my BUTT stock WRX. He was deff Fast0r and SHOWED me lol...i kinda just kept up i wasnt trying to rag out my car but he deffinitely was, i could see a faint poof of black smoke when he shifted...

so you vowed in your old gti to never do this again no matter how much horsepower you had blah blah, then 1 sentence later your telling us how you were racing in heavy traffic with a s4 that showed you in your newer wrx?? lol donnie's right your hardcore!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    donnie's right your hardcore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.