My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I live off of a long straight rode that directly exits the freeway. While on my way to the Parental ...

I Support ClubWRX

My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!!

I live off of a long straight rode that directly exits the freeway. While on my way to the Parental Units domicile this weekend I noticed a red and black SRT4 turn onto said road right behind me from my neighborhood. It looked like it had been hit with a can of tacky glue and driven down the vinyl isle. I could read "Ruthless Racing" in huge black letters across the hood along with "got boost" on the windshield and a big black stripe on the hood.

Anyways the speed limit is 55MPH and there are several stop lights and such. Mister "Ruthless" was planted 6" off my rear bumper for about 2 miles. There were at least 3 cars in front of me when we came to stop at a red light and mister ruthless pulls the biggest jackass maneuver I have seen yet. Whilst I was slowing down to come to a complete stop, he drives besides me over/on the yellow line, into the turn lane, his car lets out a loud burble-rofl-fart, and he runs the light thus bypassing a total of 4 cars in the oncoming lane. Ol Ruthless then proceeded to get stuck behind a slow moving truck 50 feet in front of the stoplight.

I chuckled and mutter pwn3d aloud as I took the opposite freeway entrance. "Ruthless Racing" indeed.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Nice um.......kill

well , if mr ruthless keeps driving that way. you may not encounter him,to many times.
    wolf

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    ...mister ruthless pulls the biggest jackass maneuver I have seen yet...
    Mr. Accord Idiot zipped by me doing at least 80 mph onto a freeway exchange ramp I would not consider above 45 mph. I'm dim too, or at least give people too much credit, as I mistook his tail lamps coming on as he disappeared into the bend for the trail braking of a skilled driver positioning the car expertly -- in reality, it was the act of a clueless idiot in a blind panic.

I figured it out when I entered the bend myself, and saw him pulling out from the dirt. He'd passed me so fast he had time to spin completely, exit, and re-enter the ramp while still remaining ahead of me. Undaunted, he drove like a complete moron on the next freeway too, tailgating and cutting people off while speeding etc. I moved right until he was no longer visible, and if there was any debris up ahead I did not see it. Idiot.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I had a kid in a Mustang tailing me on the highway last night and finally he pulled up next to me and paced me for a about a mile flooring his car every 10sec or so to try and bait me to race him

When getting off the highway he slowed considerably and waited for me to be driving next to him and as we sat there cruising he looked over and wouldn't stop rev'ing his engine at me. I burst out into insane laughter and started pointing a laughing at him. He looked at me like I was nuts and took off when I slowed down for my turn

I love it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

haha. about a week ago a guy in a silver honda civic with green underglow lights, a HUGE vinyl dragon on the side of his car, and a Korn vinyl that covered the entire rear window tried to race me. that was the tackiest car I have seen in a LONG time. mainly because I loathe Korn, and bands like them.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I had a kid in a Mustang tailing me on the highway last night and finally he pulled up next to me and paced me for a about a mile flooring his car every 10sec or so to try and bait me to race him
    I hate mustangs. i let them rev their engine a few good times so they waste 20$ in gas. since i bought my sti people tailgate me constantly, i get pist. spike my brakes hard on them and make them go around.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #119

edit: never mind you would get into trouble for doing that

good job keep your cool Jeremy and Donny
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I was driving on this 4 lane highway in North Seattle and this 94 mustang GT (newer body but with the 5.0, used to own one) pulled out. Wasn't tacky at all, blue. 295's for rear tires, they were huge, 2.5-3" exhaust pipes. It was loud, a good loud. Definately had some engine work down to cause the engine lopped alot, probably cams and header work. He's in the left, i'm in the right but two cars are in front of me approaching a light. Those two cars then turn right and we are both at the light.

He revs his engine, I look at my gf and a close friend, smile. They say don't. He revs some more and I cant see him through his tint. The other lights go yellow, she says "**** it, smoke him." Light goes green, and his power squelches the tires with a mini burnout. I go, hes got the lead for a moment until the turbo spools up. I shift the best I have ever shifted, car was perfect and he was beaten once I hit 4th gear.

We approach the next light, I roll down my window, he rolls down his. "Didnt expect that did ya?" I ask him. "He says "No, no I didn't. I have like 350hp." "But I have that in torque." He gets this disappointed look on his face. Light goes green, I say "Take it easy, nice car, see you around." he says "later."

Now I don't condone street racing I hate it when people blow past me on the freeway cause I go 10 over and thats it, but I thought it was a good kill and the guy wasn't an ass-hat with a honda or v6 mustang. Plus he looked like it a challenge. Not many cars are challenges except for other STi's, ferrari's, Porsches, and stuff.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian STi View Post
    i get pist. spike my brakes hard on them and make them go around.
    I'd be careful with this strategy. All you're doing is seeding the situation with more rancor, which could lead to problems. You also might catch them at a moment where they're not paying enough attention, and wind up with a damaged car. Yeah, they might wind up "at fault", but it's not going to be worth the hassle of getting your car fixed, just to satisfy your need to vent your anger.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

All those jackasses mentioned in this thread seem like very viable candidates for future Darwin Awards. Let's just hope they don't take anyone with them when they do recieve that prestigious award.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Yesterday on my way home from work I hear a very, very loud 2000ish Camaro at a light coming the other way. He floors it when the light turns green but there's cars in front of him and traffic backed up 50 ft in front of him at the next light so he has to slam on his brakes. Traffic creeps forward and his slams on the gas to move up another 15 feet. Wow everybody is impressed with your really loud exhaust buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'd be careful with this strategy. All you're doing is seeding the situation with more rancor, which could lead to problems. You also might catch them at a moment where they're not paying enough attention, and wind up with a damaged car. Yeah, they might wind up "at fault", but it's not going to be worth the hassle of getting your car fixed, just to satisfy your need to vent your anger.
    +1. I used to do brake checks but now I just slow down more and more the closer they get to me. I will make sure I drive slow enough that you have the distance to stop if I have to slam on my brakes. If I have to slow down to 5 mph, then so be it. I would not always advise this strategy since it can also cause increased rancor.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    +1. I used to do brake checks but now I just slow down more and more the closer they get to me. I will make sure I drive slow enough that you have the distance to stop if I have to slam on my brakes. If I have to slow down to 5 mph, then so be it. I would not always advise this strategy since it can also cause increased rancor.
    I did that exact thing this very morning. I was going just a bit over the speed limit (65), mainly because there was a cop in front of me. I was about 5 or 6 car lengths behind him. Yet this jackass in an Xterra wanted to be less than two carlengths behind me. The cop gets over into the slow lane and gets off on an exit. I maintain my speed just in case the cop sees me take off and decides to come after me. Well, retard in the Xterra still wants to tailgate me so I slow down to 55 until the cop gets out of sight. I also raise my hand up in the rear window in a 'WTF is your problem' manner. As soon as the cop was out of sight, I took off.
    Common sense is not very common.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Yeah, over the years my strategy has evolved from the aforementioned full brake check to just slowing down enough to annoy them into passing.

I don't really get the boy racers tailing me; it's usually a particular demographic (which I shall not specify) which seems to have missed physics class entirely, and for some reason thinks it's perfectly normal to tailgate a car in the right lane of a 6 lane highway.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    No brake checks here anymore. I used too but people in Cali taken them pretty personally even when they are 2 ft off your bumper with room to go around. I caused one guy after repeated warnings (so close I couldn't see his headlights in my old coffin of a MINI Cooper) to dive into the median to avoid creaming me. Sure at the time I was like "Hooraaah!" But then when I thought about it later, it was probably one of the dumbest most juvenile things I had ever done. Coulda killed him, me and a random soccer mom. Sure it woulda been his fault for following too close, but the whole situation woulda been preventable and had it happened I would not have been able to live with myself.

So now I let off the gas slowly until they pass me or back off and if I can avoid them entirely, I do.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast