My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR If I am in someone's way, I move over -- rule #1 is to never be ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If I am in someone's way, I move over -- rule #1 is to never be in someone's way.
    I agree 100%. I constantly watch and move out of the way accordingly to make sure I'm not in anyone's way. I can't help but feel that our roads would be so much less congested if everybody followed suit.

Oh, and about the SRT-4. I didn't want to start a thread about it, but I was behind an SRT-4 a few nights ago that either had a straight pipe, or a cutout. If was the most horrible sounding vehicle I've ever heard. It sounded very similar to a Dodge Ram Cummins diesel that wasn't running well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My favorite saying is "Lead, follow, or get the F%&* out of my way!" though these days I tend to drive maybe 75 in a 65 instead of the 80-85 (or more) I used to do before I got old.

Some driving memories stick with you vividly for a long time. About 10 years ago going home on the Mass Pike (3 lanes 65 mph limit) at maybe 6-7 pm in light traffic the left lane all of a sudden got backed up and was doing maybe 50 with a tailwind. I watched a dozen cars in front of me get frustrated with the slow poke and move to the middle lane and blare their horns at the car as they passed it. As I did the same thing, I looked at the guy and it was a 40ish guy with thick glasses in a Ford Fiesta who was hunched over the wheel like the atypical grandmother. He just stared straight ahead either too oblivious, stupid, or just messed up in the head to even respond. I still have to shake my head since I just don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Did he have one of these bumper stickers?
    No actually from what my buddy told me, the guy wasn't really much of a driver (even more scary!). He seemed more oblivious than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Nothing says racing like a undersized spare tire.
    Priceless quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Atlanta. I-285. Each lane is a certain range of speed. Do it (or better) or risk getting bumped from behind to speed up. There are many places that have bumper-to-bumper traffic. There are many places that have 90 mph traffic. 285 is one of the few places that has 90 mph-bumper-to-bumper traffic.
    So are you saying it's normal for people to hit the bumper of the person in front of you to get them to move over? If somebody does that to me they better watch out. I'll pull over and then swing back and PIT you into the median and claim you bumped me and caused me to lose control.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Yeah.. i know this guy. He's retarded.
    He's one of those people that follows the Stickers=HP theory.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    My favorite saying is "Lead, follow, or get the F%&* out of my way!" though these days I tend to drive maybe 75 in a 65 instead of the 80-85 (or more) I used to do before I got old.

Some driving memories stick with you vividly for a long time. About 10 years ago going home on the Mass Pike (3 lanes 65 mph limit) at maybe 6-7 pm in light traffic the left lane all of a sudden got backed up and was doing maybe 50 with a tailwind. I watched a dozen cars in front of me get frustrated with the slow poke and move to the middle lane and blare their horns at the car as they passed it. As I did the same thing, I looked at the guy and it was a 40ish guy with thick glasses in a Ford Fiesta who was hunched over the wheel like the atypical grandmother. He just stared straight ahead either too oblivious, stupid, or just messed up in the head to even respond. I still have to shake my head since I just don't get it!
    If you're going less than 80 on the MP, you're impeding traffic - I try to avoid that road lol
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

you wouldnt believe how many civics and the like try to race me. its sickening. and although some of you probably think i would take the bait because if my young age, i would like to say that i gladly let them pass while laughing and pointing.

although, it is fun on occasion to run at a stoplight with a genuinely nicely modified car, like someone else said here in this thread. but, only if the conditions permit, such as a clear road ahead of you with no one that could get in your way.

once i was next to a charger srt-8 while waiting for a light to get on the freeway. there was about a quarter mile of real estate before you got on the freeway where you had to wait at another light. the area was totally clear, so when the light turned green we both went. i started off ahead, but he started to catch up and ended up about a car length or two ahead. when we got to the next light, we both rolled down our windows and i asked him how much power his car had, because it was quite obvious from his exhaust note that it was modified. he said he was pushing about 450 hp to the wheels, and was shocked when i told him my lightly modified car had about 350 at the fly then he complimented my nice exhaust note, and i replied similarly.

there are people out there with nice cars who are not total ass hats
    Dirty Crew #217 like it dirty? Dirty Thread |
    Military Milita #217 | Hawk-Eye Alliance #217 | Shaved Bumper Alliance #217

What does that mean?! If you dont know the lingo... Abbreviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are going to be crazy....it's best to be crazy with no regard for safety at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    And, of course, I'm talking about the 285 around Atlanta; not anywhere else. I don't live there. I just report my findings and comments from those who live there that I talked with.
    The man speaks the truth. However, I contend that GA-400, aka. "The GA Autobahn" is faster on average.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123