My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first street encounter with teh FaSTR4r!!!! Mister Ruthless!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used too but people in Cali taken them pretty personally even when they are 2 ft off your bumper ...

I used too but people in Cali taken them pretty personally even when they are 2 ft off your bumper with room to go around.
    Just how do they take it personally? What are they gunna do?
    AFAIC, if I brake check someone, and they get all mad about it and start giving me gestures, that's only going to make me drive slower. What are they going to do? Follow me to my destination and threaten me? I have some items in my car that would make them regret following me somewhere and threatening me.
    You tailgate someone and they brake check you and you get mad, get over it. It's your fault for riding their can.

And when you say 'coffin of a Mini Cooper', do you mean the old one or the new one?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    Just how do they take it personally? What are they gunna do?
    Follow you, ram you, shoot you. All too common occurrence here. I personally have been followed (still dunno why) and had to drive creatively to shake them, its not fun.

AFAIC, if I brake check someone, and they get all mad about it and start giving me gestures, that's only going to make me drive slower. What are they going to do? Follow me to my destination and threaten me? I have some items in my car that would make them regret following me somewhere and threatening me.
    You tailgate someone and they brake check you and you get mad, get over it. It's your fault for riding their can.
    I used to feel this way, but its a lot easier being tough on the internet than it is when your wife is in the car and some whacko starts chasing you for unknown reasons throwing things at your car trying to Ram and kill you. Especially when you are dirving a 105HP non performance commuter car. Good luck getting away.

And when you say 'coffin of a Mini Cooper', do you mean the old one or the new one?
    2005 Cooper S.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

a guy in a MR was behind me the other day. for the most part EVO drivers aren't really that much of an ass. but this guy probably saw me and was weaving in and out of traffic to catch up to me. once he got up next to me he lets off the gas to down shift to let out a nice big "PISSST" he then guns it expecting me to follow suit. he takes off cuts off the guy in front of me who had to brake so that he wouldn't clip his front bumper.and proseeds to fly down the road

the best part about it...there was a cop turning onto the street who saw this stunt...the cop flicks his lights on and pulls him over

i thought that i'd never witness something like that...everytime someone would do this i would only wish to see a cop pull someone over. that day my dream came true
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yeah, over the years my strategy has evolved from the aforementioned full brake check to just slowing down enough to annoy them into passing.
    I started doing the same thing much easier for everyone.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    If I am in someone's way, I move over -- rule #1 is to never be in someone's way. If it's a single lane and I'm leading a parade, I pull over -- it's required. If I am doing the speed limit in the right lane though, that's all I have to do. They can pass. I don't know them, they don't know me, they have an option, that's life.

The morons that race around and lose it and cost themselves money and pride are amusing though!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Follow you, ram you, shoot you. All too common occurrence here. I personally have been followed (still dunno why) and had to drive creatively to shake them, its not fun.
    Yeah, there's the occasional psycho here that will follow you, and you hear stories about worse. No sense stirring the pot when you don't have to. Like SG said, get out of their way, or get them to pass in a non-threatening way...I'll let them have their aneurysm while I calmly drive home, enjoying my music and exhaust note.

Having the need to do anything else is juvenile.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    i thought that i'd never witness something like that...everytime someone would do this i would only wish to see a cop pull someone over. that day my dream came true
    That's awesome. That never happens!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I was talking to an old friend of mine from high school last night and he told me he once Rear ended a woman on purpose because she did not run a yellow light and he got pissed, The logic was that since he had "full coverage" nothing bad could happen so why not...

some people are so stupid.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    I was talking to an old friend of mine from high school last night and he told me he once Rear ended a woman on purpose because she did not run a yellow light and he got pissed, The logic was that since he had "full coverage" nothing bad could happen so why not...
    One of my camping buddies rammed a guy in his F-150 because he tried to go before it was his turn at a 4-way stop. Did massive damage to the guy's car. My friend thought it was funny. I was speechless.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I try not to do to much to piss people off while I'm driving, even slowing down a bunch, I will call them everyword under the sun to myself but people are nuts and I don't like dealing with them. I had a guy follow me from San Jose to San Francisco because I slowed down in front of him to get him off my tail.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

One of my friends used to have a boss that would get people in the fast lane to move over by bumping their rear bumper. This is at 70+ mph..... I couldn't believe anybody would do that! He was in the car a few times when his boss did it and he didn't know what to say/do.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    One of my friends used to have a boss that would get people in the fast lane to move over by bumping their rear bumper. This is at 70+ mph..... I couldn't believe anybody would do that! He was in the car a few times when his boss did it and he didn't know what to say/do.
    i have heard of this happening in Italy.

Just like that guy told Cole Trickle "thats Rubbing and rubbings racing."

I Support ClubWRX

Had a friend who was taking 'roids and testosterone bump someone who wouldn't move and kept boxing him in his old Geo metro at 65mph. What a moron.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    That's f'n hilarious. Dangerous, but hilarious.

Did he have one of these bumper stickers?

2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Thats insane. I'd love to see the look on the cops face when if he got pulled over for that.

I saw some sort of 90's hyundai in San Jose the other that had a bunch of stickers that said "racing" all over along with a donut spare on the one of the front wheels. Nothing says racing like a undersized spare tire.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast