stage 2 06 rex vs 400hp beast. GTO!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 06 rex vs 400hp beast. GTO!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; did about 3 pulls. . 1st pull went from about a 35mph 3 honk routine. I instantly pull about 1 ...

stage 2 06 rex vs 400hp beast. GTO!!!

did about 3 pulls. .

1st pull went from about a 35mph 3 honk routine. I instantly pull about 1 1/2 car lengths and hold it til about 90. end result: i win!

2nd run went from about a 40mph roll. ( Woot this was a prime spot in my powerband ) 3 honks and i pull about 2 cars by then end of 2nd, followed by a perfect shift to 3rd. But i think he missed 3 so i shut it down around 70 seeing that it looked liked he slowed down. And i knew he missed a gear because i was about 3 bus lengths in front of him. end result: incomplete.

3rd run we went from like 25 mph roll and i was in 2nd gear GRRR! So on 3 honks he pulls instantly about 1 1/2 car lengths on me. (Damn NA motors!!) And we shut and he holds his lead till about 90 then its obvious he starts to gradually pull a bit harder than me and the gap was about 2 1/2 car lengths at about 100 then we shut it down. end result: i lost

Overall im pretty sure if it were from a role going from any speed to 100mph+ he'd walk me pretty bad. But in the 0-90mph area i think ill always have about a 1-2 car lead.

Potential Variables explaining outcome: He had his GF in the car looked like she weighed about 115lbs. He looked like he weighted about 170lbs. And he seemed to not be the best in the world at shifting.

On the other hand i did have about 40lbs of work equipment in my trunk. But im really good at shifting 2-4. And i weight about 150lbs.

thats all.
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey.. Looks like overall you did pretty good up against the GTO!! I bet that if you had a larger turbo you would have owned him!!! Those cars must weigh a rediculous amount too!!! Atleast you got him on the first pull though!!
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

yeah i think i would have won that last sprint if i had reached a better rpm.

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    You ran the LS2 GTO from a roll and won? Are you sure? What do you run at a track?

Edit: I see you only went to 90ish, but still read above.
    Last edited by RealDealTarheel; 03-01-2008 at 12:48 AM.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

which gto was it ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+1, bad drivers negate fast cars...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

5.7 or 6.0?

Isn't the GTO a 106mph trap car? If so the GTO just can't drive, stage2 or not for the WRX...
    2006 World Rally Blue WRX Limited, VF39 (STI Turbo) 334HP/340TQ

I've had virtually the same outcome...my car is an 06 protuned stage two running 13 flat at about 102 mph in the 1/4,stock turbo..only been to the strip twice..positive it has a 12.8-12.9 in it with a better launch

a few of my friends have gto's 5.7 and 6.0 l versions, all manual...

anything up until 100 I'm ahead of them from a roll...anything past 100 it is painfully obvious how much top end WRX's do not have...on the highway the LS* motors really shine and will keep pulling well over 100 mph...Weight is probably there biggest disadvantage...

Now I don't ever take my car past 100 mph these days or really above 80 for that matter but when I was a little younger and a bit more invincible I raced my buddy's LT1 z28 and walked him pretty bad to about 130..so the older LT motors don't have the top end of the magnificent LS series motors...just food for thought...but throw mods at either of the two motors and things quickly change..

I've seen a cammed and chiped LT with bolt ons running low 11's on street tires...they have mucho potential...as well as I remeber a friend with an LS1 SS Camaro with all the bolt ons running a 10.8 with MT's and on another occasion scaring the living hell out of me taking his car up to 175+ mph with me in the passenger seat on a long long empty stretch of road..Scary how absolutley stable and planted the car felt at that speed.. the boken lines start becoming solid at that point.

Point is those motors are bad and I have contemplated many times getting an F-body with an Ls as a project car...quick cheap fun...

now if you wanna go to the twisties I will absolutely obliterate the GTO through the turns..then again I'm an ok drive according to most so you could probably give me a ford festiva and I'd loose most people through the twisties...its where I shine

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    You ran the LS2 GTO from a roll and won? Are you sure? What do you run at a track?

Edit: I see you only went to 90ish, but still read above.
    i was very surprised at the outcome myself, but thats what happened. The man told me he had 400hp and that his car was stock. He seemed really dense though. He told me if i super charged my car that id get 440hp. I was like ok...um..cool!!!

But i could tell he was not a good driver, because he slammed gears a lot. Also everytime his car would shift, it bucked about 2-3 times before i heard his rpm's climing. And he had and extra 150 lbs of weight in his car than me. But i will admit his top end would destroy my top end.
    Last edited by ultimate_wrx; 03-02-2008 at 12:48 AM.

^^^ yeah, sounds like the goat needed the driver mod.

I have both cars and no way my WRX (when it was Cobb Stg 2) would beat my LS2 GTO (when it was stock) from a roll.

I don't think I could even do it now w/ the STi turbo.

So it sounds like you are the better driver...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    Well at least you already know. Half of these threads are... "will this car beat this car"

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post

But i could tell he wasnt a good driver because he slammed gears a lot and everytime his car would shift it bucked about 2-3 times before i heard his rpm's climing. And he had and extra 150 lbs of weight in his car than me. But i will admit his top end would destroy my top end.
    This story sounds much more realistic now that this new info has been brought to light.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Well at least you already know. Half of these threads are... "will this car beat this car"
    i cant stand these threads about will my car beat x car. they are so stupid.

sorry to mislead anyone.Altough i really think it was just a drivers race, and i barley beat him. But i do believe with the stage 2 06-08 wrx having 340 tq would pull about 2 car lengths right after the 3rd honk from any roll race from 40 to about 90 with a GTO, due to its lighter weight and crazy amount of tq.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post
    i cant stand these threads about will my car beat x car. they are so stupid.

sorry to mislead anyone.Altough i really think it was just a drivers race, and i barley beat him. But i do believe with the stage 2 06-08 wrx having 340 tq would pull about 2 car lengths right after the 3rd honk from any roll race from 40 to about 90 with a GTO, due to its lighter weight and crazy amount of tq.
    You mean 340 tq at the crank? Because my cobb stg 2 dyno'd 278 wtq. Still pretty good though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.