stage 2 06 rex vs 400hp beast. GTO!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stage 2 06 rex vs 400hp beast. GTO!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yes im talking about crank figures....

yes im talking about crank figures.
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post
    yes im talking about crank figures.
    that's cool
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I have a 06 GTO auto and WRX recently. With stock crap tires and with a predator w GTO on a good run I trap 106mph at 13.0. With decent tires I'll be in the 12's easily as my current 60' are around 2.1. The weak point on a GTO auto is 40mph roll. I'm shocked that the wrx could pull on a gto from a roll where the LS2 shines. I guess stranger things happen though.
    I suggest the GTO was a manual with a limited experience or perhaps the GTO was heat soaked. Either way if you did it so be it.

Oh, and for those that think the auto is slower than the manual in the quarter mile. Your wrong.
    From a roll....yes but only 40 plus in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by okie123 View Post
    From a roll....yes but only 40 plus in my experience.
    That downshift to 3rd is killer though!!!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by okie123 View Post
    perhaps the GTO was heat soaked. Either way if you did it so be it.
    ugh, I hate the heat soak in the 05/06's, especially when it's been at a stop for a while. You want to beat an LS2 GTO? Race him after his car's been sitting for about 10 minutes in the summertime.

I'll be getting a full dyno tune on mine in a couple weeks when I get the cam swap, hopefully I'll be able to tune some of the heat soak out.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

autos suck as far fun and roll racing but high output v8s don,t need a stick shift other than smokein tires in all gears but for fast 1/4 times auto is better 100%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12