wrx(stage2) vs dodge srt-10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx(stage2) vs dodge srt-10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend just got a 2002 dodge ram truck with the viper engine in it... I have a stg 2 ...

wrx(stage2) vs dodge srt-10

my friend just got a 2002 dodge ram truck with the viper engine in it... I have a stg 2 2002 wrx... I know he will win, he wants to go from a stop, i know if i launch i can atleast have him at the 0-60.....maybe??? He has had many stick shifts and knows how to drive. Lets here how bad it will be.

-Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont know really. Motor trend says:

0-60 mph 5.3 sec
    1/4-mile 13.7 sec @ 103.0 mph

that's with a 4speed automatic it said.

They are pretty dang heavy I believe.
    Cobb Stage 2

power to weight ratio is what it all comes down to
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

To be honest, there are so many variable that there is only ONE way to find out. Go out to your local track or a closed street or somewhere safe and just RACE HIM! don't be scared.
    Everyone on here wants to know if they will win before the race.
    No, just go do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then let us know if you did or didn't!

anyways, I guess if it's a manual it would depend on how long the shifter is.
    I had an 06 Dodge Ram cummins diesel with a chip and it would beat my WRX....but the shifter was 2 feet long and shifts took waaaaaay too long.
    So no go.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

He'll probably beat you, but I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. They are super heavy and are typically low 13sec trucks. A stageII rex with a good launch should hold its own.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    He'll probably beat you, but I don't think it'll be as bad as you think. They are super heavy and are typically low 13sec trucks. A stageII rex with a good launch should hold its own.
    True, they are beasts in a straight line, but that's what gives us so much advantage over everyone, because we can go high speed in the turns.

That's how I beat lots of people. If they beat me in a straight line race I say, "ok, now lets throw some turns in and maybe wet pavement or snow or dirt" and they said "eff you Daniel!"
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

yea we plan on running them tommorow, I want a oil change first. I suppose we shall find out, its a 6 speed stick shift. My launches, at best, I have hit 1.85 in the 60ft. So I'm not worried about the start, i just assumed that the V12 at somepoint will take me, by the time i get outa third gear (we all know) how tall fourth gear is... Thanks guys, I will let you know how it turned out

-Aaron

what v12???
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mon420
    So I'm not worried about the start, i just assumed that the V12 at somepoint will take me
    Viper is V10 (hence, SRT-10)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

edit

yea i meant V-10, was in a rush when i was typing at the lab. Anyway, its on for tommorow so we will see then i will let you guys know...

srt4-- 4cyl.
    srt8-- 8cyl
    srt10--10cyl

Good luck! I still think he'll beat you, but it'll probably be a decent race.

How fast are people going in the 1/4 with a stage two wrx? I dont really know

Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    True, they are beasts in a straight line, but that's what gives us so much advantage over everyone, because we can go high speed in the turns.

That's how I beat lots of people. If they beat me in a straight line race I say, "ok, now lets throw some turns in and maybe wet pavement or snow or dirt" and they said "eff you Daniel!"
    A stock wrx isn't that impressive when it comes to handling and turns. Many cars that offer better straightline performance also offer better slalom and skidpad numbers.

Modded is a totally different situation though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    A stock wrx isn't that impressive when it comes to handling and turns. Many cars that offer better straightline performance also offer better slalom and skidpad numbers.

Modded is a totally different situation though.

I couldn't agree more. Our cars grip like crazy... I love mashing the gas coming out of a curve and feeling the awd hold me down, but gahhh does it have some body roll. I'm sure it does better in a curve than a dodge ram would though haha

If it's a 2002, it isn't the SRT-10; it's a 2500 work truck that happens to have a V10 instead of a diesel. There's nothing sporty about that truck at all.

The SRT-10 truck started in 1994. The quad cabs are all automatic, and appear to be somewhat de-tuned to benefit tranny life. I think one magazine found they made almost 100rwhp less than the single cab 6spd manual versions.

If you race a true regular cab SRT-10, you're in for a surprise. This is especially true in the handling department. While it may not be a "sports car" in the truest sense, it's far more than a regular truck with 500hp v10 added. It's rated at .92g's on the skidpad and packs 15 inch front brakes for stopping power.

Keep in mind that most people who buy those trucks also have a healthy mod budget, and yes it's common to find a supercharger added by someone who was bored with "only" 500hp.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast