07 WRX Wagon VS Evo MR, 04 Sti, & 2G DSMs

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Wagon VS Evo MR, 04 Sti, & 2G DSMs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well some of my old buddies I use to talk to got a hold of me today and said that ...

07 WRX Wagon VS Evo MR, 04 Sti, & 2G DSMs

Well some of my old buddies I use to talk to got a hold of me today and said that they heard I went over to the AWD world.

Long story short I met them at a local car wash. Anyways we went out to some road that has been closed the last five years. Its a nice stretch thats roughly 3/4s mile long with nobody around for miles. As you guys already know I have an 07 WRX wagon w/ heat wrapped headers and up pipe, turbo back exhaust, k&n panel filter, ported turbo, and ap v2 with a pdx stage II 91 octane e-map. Each run was about a 1/4 mile in length.

Here's how it went:

Me vs stock Evo MR - 1st race = tie
    2nd race = tie
    3rd race = Wagon wins by a
    fender.
    Me vs 04 Sti w/TBE & BOV - 1st race = Wagon wins
    by 3 car lengths.
    2nd race = Wagon wins
    by 1 car length
    ME vs 2G Talon AWD w/16g,MBC,TBE - 1st race = Wagon
    wins by 2 car
    lengths.
    Wagon vs 2G Eclipse GST w/MBC,TBE - 1st race =Wagon
    wins by 5 car
    lengths.

All in all we had a great time and my buddy Bengy has it all on video, so he should be uploading them to street fire tomorrow. And for the heck of it, I took my wrx back home and picked up my 07 z and raced the evo and I beat him twice by a fender with my z. We were all surprised.
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rodriga2 View Post
    Well some of my old buddies I use to talk to got a hold of me today and said that they heard I went over to the AWD world.

Long story short I met them at a local car wash. Anyways we went out to some road that has been closed the last five years. Its a nice stretch thats roughly 3/4s mile long with nobody around for miles. As you guys already know I have an 07 WRX wagon w/ heat wrapped headers and up pipe, turbo back exhaust, k&n panel filter, ported turbo, and ap v2 with a pdx stage II 91 octane e-map. Each run was about a 1/4 mile in length.

Here's how it went:

Me vs stock Evo MR - 1st race = tie
    2nd race = tie
    3rd race = Wagon wins by a
    fender.
    Me vs 04 Sti w/TBE & BOV - 1st race = Wagon wins
    by 3 car lengths.
    2nd race = Wagon wins
    by 1 car length
    ME vs 2G Talon AWD w/16g,MBC,TBE - 1st race = Wagon
    wins by 2 car
    lengths.
    Wagon vs 2G Eclipse GST w/MBC,TBE - 1st race =Wagon
    wins by 5 car
    lengths.

All in all we had a great time and my buddy Bengy has it all on video, so he should be uploading them to street fire tomorrow. And for the heck of it, I took my wrx back home and picked up my 07 z and raced the evo and I beat him twice by a fender with my z. We were all surprised.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the new Z motor is extremely underrated. People are pulling 1/4 miles off that were before unheard of in a stock Z.

Your wagon kicks ass btw. Taking an 04 sti by 3 cars is extremely impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by iceagetlc View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the new Z motor is extremely underrated. People are pulling 1/4 miles off that were before unheard of in a stock Z.

Your wagon kicks ass btw. Taking an 04 sti by 3 cars is extremely impressive.
    Thanks... I was quite proud of my wagon today. And +1 on the z comment. Alot of my friends that have "destroyed" 03-06 stock z's talk alot of mess on my 07, but so far I have really been surprising them.
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

So i the evo driver a bad driver or is my wagon really doing what its doing?