05 wrx vs 04 350 z
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs 04 350 z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so my friend just traded in his mustang GT for a silver 350z in order to save more at the ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    270

    05 wrx vs 04 350 z

    so my friend just traded in his mustang GT for a silver 350z in order to save more at the pump. Before when me and my buddy raced, his mustang GT smoked my wrx no prob, but its a different story now. i found out that even tho the 350z sounds pretty cool, its got poor acceleration, no where near the launch u get from a wrx. We didnt get to test out top end speed, but im sure he would have beat me in that aspect. Anyways the 350z is like 20,000 times nice than a mustang GT. FORD FTL

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    so my friend just traded in his mustang GT for a silver 350z in order to save more at the pump. Before when me and my buddy raced, his mustang GT smoked my wrx no prob, but its a different story now. i found out that even tho the 350z sounds pretty cool, its got poor acceleration, no where near the launch u get from a wrx. We didnt get to test out top end speed, but im sure he would have beat me in that aspect. Anyways the 350z is like 20,000 times nice than a mustang GT. FORD FTL
    Coming from a 350z to an STI, I can vouch every bit for that car's performance.

    My best friend and rival has an 03 Mach 1 with full header back SLP's, x-pipe, ram intake, RP oil, plugs, and rear seat delete kit, and I put about 2 cars on him from 20-120mph in my Z. We've raced several, several times, in all kinds of situations, and it's always been the same outcome. He will admit it to anyone, as annoying as he finds it.

    Then again my Z had full exhaust, no cats, raised plenum, and ram air. The howl it made at 6000+ rpms was intense and intimidating. I feared no Mustang, or (no offense) WRX. I took a stage 2 WRX from a 10 mph creep. But that's also with my husky yoko tires that bit hard and a clutch that gripped like no other car I've driven.

    'Tis a shame the rest of the car seems so behind. Flawed interior, HORRID transmission, poor LSD, tons of maintenance and recalls, cheap paint, I could go on.

    EDIT- Pics:



    Last edited by iceagetlc; 02-23-2008 at 05:00 PM.

  4. #3
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Your friend needs to learn how to drive his Mach1.

    That's a mid-low 12sec car with those mods.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Your friend needs to learn how to drive his Mach1.

    That's a mid-low 12sec car with those mods.
    Don't know how you can butcher quite a few rolling starts. Some were starting above his traction-issue range.

    Here is a video I took of it, accidentally left part of my Z at the end of, so you can see that too. (For .5 seconds).

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gmGgYn5dPU
    Last edited by iceagetlc; 02-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.

  6. #5
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    All that video showed was that your friend with the Mach1 doesn't know how to launch and hates his tires.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    All that video showed was that your friend with the Mach1 doesn't know how to launch and hates his tires.
    It's actually labeled Mach 1 Burnout.

    If anything he sucks at burnouts because he's so used to launching. Otherwise he would just sit and spin (powerbrake), which is even worse on your tires.
    Last edited by iceagetlc; 02-24-2008 at 06:15 PM.

  8. #7
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by iceagetlc View Post
    It's actually labeled Mach 1 Burnout.

    If anything he sucks at burnouts because he's so used to launching. Otherwise he would just sit and spin (powerbrake), which is even worse on your tires.
    So if you are trying to tell me your friend knows how to drive why would you post a video of him doing a poor burnout to support your claim?

    You know what.... nevermind, lol.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    So if you are trying to tell me your friend knows how to drive why would you post a video of him doing a poor burnout to support your claim?

    You know what.... nevermind, lol.
    I wasn't "claiming" anything.

    Here is a video I took of it
    I thought you'd like it.

    BTW, I'm not a Z fanboy, if that's what you're thinking. There IS a reason I got rid of it, haha. It was quick as hell and awesome in the twisties but without proper $$$$, you're not going anywhere. Just a pretty daily driver.
    Last edited by iceagetlc; 02-24-2008 at 06:31 PM.

  10. #9
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by iceagetlc View Post

    BTW, I'm not a Z fanboy, if that's what you're thinking. There IS a reason I got rid of it, haha. It was quick as hell and awesome in the twisties but without proper $$$$, you're not going anywhere. Just a pretty daily driver.
    I know you're not a Z fanboi.

    But in all reality your friends mustang is the faster machine... Hence why I said that if you put two cars on him he can't drive or something is up with his car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  11. #10
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    imo drivers race.... or mabye im just a good driver and everyone i have raced with a z is just a crappy driver

    from real life experience ive always taken z's when my rex was stock
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    i have an 07 350z, and (07 and previous)sti stock vs my Z (stock also), i have no problems being AS FAST AS the sti. of course the dig is different story. but from roll i am neck to neck with a stock sti. believe it or not. i have seen the 2008 only once on the highway. it is gorgeous. i would love to see what the new one can do.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    i have an 07 350z, and (07 and previous)sti stock vs my Z (stock also), i have no problems being AS FAST AS the sti. of course the dig is different story. but from roll i am neck to neck with a stock sti. believe it or not. i have seen the 2008 only once on the highway. it is gorgeous. i would love to see what the new one can do.
    i thought the 07 Z can walk a stock evo/sti from a roll?

  14. #13
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken View Post
    i thought the 07 Z can walk a stock evo/sti from a roll?
    Not that i'm aware of. It's typically a drivers race, unless you hitting speeds upwards of 120mph in which case the Z might have a slight edge.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken View Post
    i thought the 07 Z can walk a stock evo/sti from a roll?
    no it cant, the sti/evo have a great launch. if the Z is very well driven might catche up with them by 3 gear.

  16. #15
    Registered User sbzenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    no it cant, the sti/evo have a great launch. if the Z is very well driven might catche up with them by 3 gear.
    yep. Thats exactly how it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •