WRX vs Audi 1.8T - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs Audi 1.8T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dehnem I've gotten some of my best launches at around 5K, though I still can't beat the ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    I've gotten some of my best launches at around 5K, though I still can't beat the sixty foot of my mustang I think its becaues the tranny on the WRX worries me more than the mustang did.
    are you on stock engine?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dehnem View Post
    yes
    go catless and get a protune and you will destroy the mustangs 60'
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I really want to its just I need to finish my suspension project I started in fall and then I'll only have 1,000 left over and i really want to get some PPG gears before I make anymore power seeing as when I bought the car I had a slight grind in 3rd and 5th, they have gone away for the most part and I know have 122K on the car, so who knows when this fancy oil i'm running will give way and stop holding my little tranny together.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

One of my buddies has a 2004 A4 1.8t (stock 170hp) with a chip but no other mods - I guess this is equivalent to stage 1 (?). His car also has a 6-speed, and the claimed chip output is 215hp. That said, I've driven it and it's still noticeably slower than my stock '06 WRX. It might be close 0-20mph though, since 1st gear is SO frickin' short on that thing...

Nat
    You could eat a snack and wash up before letting out the clutch and still wallop him.

I own both an 07 wrx and a 02 Audi 1.8t and they are leagues apart as far as speed goes. A highly modified 1.8t might be competitive against a stock WRX. Might.

Some guy on an Audi forum was saying his 1.8t with auto tranny does 0-60 in 11+ seconds. Hooo! I think my old Honda Civic was faster than that.

The Audi has a much nicer interior and is more stylish and adult. I pick the Audi for long road trips and nights out on the town. I pick the WRX when no one is looking.

Read some opinions from some Audi folks:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ght=0-60+times
    Last edited by Nat; 02-24-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12