car is finally ready - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on car is finally ready within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I am not familiar with fwd. I would have to assume that you are using some sort of limited ...

I Support ClubWRX
    So, I am not familiar with fwd. I would have to assume that you are using some sort of limited slip drive train? Forgive my n00bness, the only fwd drive cars I've ever driven were a Geo and a Dynasty...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes 04/05 came standard with a LSD. holds up very well to anything you can through at it.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    and the axles (40bucks a pop to replace) were left stock as they are easy and very cheap to replace. making that a weak link on purpose eases drive train stress on the rest of the car.
    I don't like this idea. With that power (projected 600whp) and slicks, this is a very bad idea, IMO.. when that axle breaks, what happens? The revs instantly shoot to the limiter, there becomes mad rotational speed in the gearbox as well, and is not a good "safety net", in my opinion.

But im no neon guy, so this may be 'the norm' for the fwd big power streetcars.

I'm not knocking it at all, just don't know the "in-thing" as to what the srt4 guys are doing. Albeit, I'm definitely no stranger to either big power, or drag racing, just I'm used to doing things differently..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I don't like this idea. With that power (projected 600whp) and slicks, this is a very bad idea, IMO.. when that axle breaks, what happens? The revs instantly shoot to the limiter, there becomes mad rotational speed in the gearbox as well, and is not a good "safety net", in my opinion.

But im no neon guy, so this may be 'the norm' for the fwd big power streetcars.

I'm not knocking it at all, just don't know the "in-thing" as to what the srt4 guys are doing. Albeit, I'm definitely no stranger to either big power, or drag racing, just I'm used to doing things differently..

if an axle breaks the lsd takes off the power away from it and places it on the other but by then u already know somethings wrongs and your out of it. works very well for a lot of guys. most of the time its never needed as the axles are very strong as well. once you get the suspension dialed in as well as air pressure its very reliable.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    if an axle breaks the lsd takes off the power away from it and places it on the other but by then u already know somethings wrongs and your out of it. works very well for a lot of guys. most of the time its never needed as the axles are very strong as well. once you get the suspension dialed in as well as air pressure its very reliable.

Well, I know how the LSD works, but still Apparently, it's a tried/well-used method, so good enuf
    Rogan o_0

good lord!! Did you install a parachute while you where at it
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

get some video when you get that thing up and movin

i have video of it moving around but nothing at any speed. no shute needed. it won't be that fast. 9.49s or 150+mph is the cut off and then you need a parachute
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    good lord!! Did you install a parachute while you where at it
    Agreed
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

everything is built to hold the power. the motor is actually warranted up to 1000hp as long as the original builder is the only person to touch it. and the axles (40bucks a pop to replace) were left stock as they are easy and very cheap to replace. making that a weak link on purpose eases drive train stress on the rest of the car. if something happens on a launch, wheel shake/hop or a real sticky track. the car has a infinite setting boost controller that can ramp up boost independently in every gear based on the traction at hand. yes that graph is very peaky but usable. when shifting at 7.5k it will put you back in the 5.5k rpm (over 450whp) range making it right at the start of the big hp climb. add it wot shifting it so the boost doesn't fall off during the up shift and it will be a solid performer.
    The braging right below to you for sure.

I was reading modified mag in issue FEB 08, where a MR2 was making some good number. On his travel, the rear trailing arm broke while he was driving and the car was totalled. I'd hate for something to happen to you, because with that much power....it's pretty scarry. Remember, your car is very small and very light.

Protect yourself...and get that roll cage in ASAP bro.

Peace.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Well the graph in the first page is from my car. The race gas numbers are low because I had a crack in the intercooler. Well after I make 3 post I will post some pics and my vid. Or go to youtube and search for srt-4 dyno pumpgas. Ghost3928 is my username on there.

nice of you to find your way over here ghost, hows Hawaii?
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

nice of you to find your way over here ghost, hows Hawaii?
    I did a search to see how many people have posted about the resaults. The weather is always nice over here, just wish we had a track still.

I Support ClubWRX
    /gloat

Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    /gloat

Nah just interested in what everyone has to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.