06 sti vs. 07 speed3
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti vs. 07 speed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just raced my brother in laws 07 speed 3 the other day. Have to say I was impressed with his ...

Banned

06 sti vs. 07 speed3

Just raced my brother in laws 07 speed 3 the other day. Have to say I was impressed with his car. From a dead stop,(I launched like poop) up to 100 I beat him by over 2 cars. I suspect with a good launch it will at least 3 or more. both cars are bone stock(4 now) and I give mazda credit, although it's no scooby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    Just raced my brother in laws 07 speed 3 the other day. Have to say I was impressed with his car. From a dead stop,(I launched like poop) up to 100 I beat him by over 2 cars. I suspect with a good launch it will at least 3 or more. both cars are bone stock(4 now) and I give mazda credit, although it's no scooby!
    Is the mazda a 5 speed or a 6 speed? lol

With the right mods do you think your sti could get in the mid 7's?

haha feel free to add to it *no pun intended*
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

run him on the highway, you might get a real nice surprise.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Banned

20-100

the first race we did was around 20 to 100. I suppose it would be closer if we started on the highway, but I was still pulling on him shifting from 4th to 5th. I'll find out soon though! I should have some numbers from new england dragway in the spring too!

NYCDieselWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    run him on the highway, you might get a real nice surprise.
    i ran a ms3 on the higway in sick traffic...id drop to third and wind out, i had to catch up to him but eventually after much wreckless driving i caught up and passed him twice@!!! lol they dont have alotta top end , i was surprised cuz wrx's ahve terrible top end!! he was pissed that i was keepin up and eventually passed him(bad lane choice)
    i was actually on the wait list for a ms3 but the guy was giving me 12,500 for my 03 350z w/ 58k miles(new tires)...i eventually got my deposit back and went str8 to a subaru dealership and after dying to get an sti the price was too high, they gave me 14k for my z and i got the 06 wrx during x mas i got 3500 off the sticker i paid 21800$ + finance. But the ms3 is a nice lil car the interior is nice too. but now that i have my wrx the AWD feel and all the mods ive made ahve really grown on me this car is now a part o me especially after digging in her guts doing surgery!
    Last edited by NYCDieselWRX; 02-17-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDieselWRX View Post
    lol they dont have alotta top end , i was surprised cuz wrx's ahve terrible top end!! he was pissed that i was keepin up and eventually passed him(bad lane choice)
    What are your mods? Stock to stock the MS3 will hand a WRX its ass up top. I have a stage2 and my brothers MS3 started pulling on me after 100mph when it was stock. Now with just an intake he put down 278whp at the dyno.

I would of course rather have my rex, but the MS3's aint no joke.
    Last edited by Blue_Eyez_; 02-18-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

NYCDieselWRX

Question eh?

EDIT**
    Oh i guess were editing posts now? well then in that case, i never said i was fast0r than him( he actually passed me doin like `100+ on the right lane and i was in left lanbe chillin cruise control set @ 75), i said i passed him a few times because he was a idi0t and picked the wrong lanes in heavy traffic(**** happens, he was a good driver ijust got lucky), its not the car its the driver(dont you watch initial D? lol). i know the ms3 is no joke, its light and quick! as far as looks our new 08 hatch(as far as looks go) destroy the ms3. I liked the ms3 so much i was on waiting list for it actually before i bought my 06 wrx, but the guy would'nt give me what i wanted for my trade in(14k for a 350 Z w/ 59k miles).
    Im so glad i didnt get that ms3, i love my subie and the tight community( i got a wicked deal christmas before last, they were trying to get rid of the 06's to make room for the 07's and i got 3500 $ off the sticker ! If i ever do switch cars(which i probably wont for at least 4-5 yrs) it would be to an sti or an evo.

edit* question about mod list(its short) - Right now my wrx is pretty much stock engine wise(minus a apex gt spec CBE), i got an HKS downpipe(but im thinking about sending it back and getting a bell mouth ERZ instead), kartboy SS, prodrive springs, 17" Rota Tarmac II's, im rolling on toyo fz4 rubber, myfalkenfk452's(http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...d=009970&ar=45) should be arriving wed this week!
    I was gonna go with the azenis rt615's initially but the tread wear rating sucked! and we already have AWD, in the back of my head im thinking shi!t i shulda just got the rt615's but a friend of mines has one with his srt 4 and the wear faaast! but STICk nasty, laminix protective film and piaa yellow fog light bulbs..and thats it..so basically slightly stock still.

Mod wish list - getting cobb apv.2 soon so i can install that POS hks DP another future mod is a defi boost gauge & then im working on suspension(sway bars, control arms, end links etc etc)

May i ask why you edited your initial post? if you dont mind me askin
    Last edited by NYCDieselWRX; 02-19-2008 at 11:38 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^isnt that kinda wasting badnwith quoting and putting no comments? i mean i know im a noob but isnt that pointless??
    Not when it's an entertaining post that might be deleted/edited.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

^^isnt that kinda wasting badnwith quoting and putting no comments? i mean i know im a noob but isnt that pointless??
    Patience grasshopper.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

I enjoy the MS3 very much.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i''ve said it b4, i'll say it again 06/07wrx= srt4.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I enjoy the MS3 very much.
    Did you get one???

call it a bad OTS tune or what you will, but my stock MS3 would have beat the pants off of my stage 2 04 WRX.

And I agree about 06/07 WRX= SRT-4...

Lets be careful with this thread, every MS3 thread on here ends up getting closed
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 02-18-2008 at 07:39 PM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Did you get one???

call it a bad OTS tune or what you will, but my stock MS3 would have beat the pants off of my stage 2 04 WRX.

And I agree about 06/07 WRX= SRT-4...

Lets be careful with this thread, every MS3 thread on here ends up getting closed
    Then next time you join us on the twisties (in the rain) at the next Victory run...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post

MS3=SRT4

Everything here counts as a repost.

Can we just merge this with another dead/closed thread and call it good?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

meh
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast