06 sti vs. 07 speed3 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti vs. 07 speed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx everytime a suby is slower then something, its either "oh yeah? come to the twisties!!!" or ...

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    everytime a suby is slower then something, its either "oh yeah? come to the twisties!!!" or "oh yeah, i'll beat you from a stop in heavy rain while going uphill on a dirty road."

OMFG!!! You speak the truth and hit it dead on
    2006 World Rally Blue WRX Limited, VF39 (STI Turbo) 334HP/340TQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^ Lol
    My05 WRX "XPT Stage 2" (A4RM200K)

here are some runs of my vs a stock sti...all i had was intake and running opend down pipe...

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=e344d511-7486-42f3-b7bd-9a190149516d" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/sti-vs-mazdaspeed3_145835.htm">sti vs mazdaspeed3</a>

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=70d2d65e-2192-42b0-b5d7-9a19014d2a17" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/stock-sti-vs-mazdaspeed3_145839.htm">stock sti vs mazdaspeed3</a>

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=6c5c729f-3d48-4b89-a2a6-9a19014b737a" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/sti-vs-mazdaspeed3-oo2_145836.htm">sti vs mazdaspeed3 (oo2)</a>

everytime a suby is slower then something, its either "oh yeah? come to the twisties!!!" or "oh yeah, i'll beat you from a stop in heavy rain while going uphill on a dirty road."

+1 I couldn't agree more. Everytime one loses its like they have to think of another scenario that would allow them to compensate for a worthy loss. I luv tha wrx don't get me wrong but the last thing someone is thinkin bout when they jus beat you is a "rematch" in the twisties or on full blown muddy rally course. If the car was so less of a match against yours you should have beat it then and there.

i dont know about the torque steer comments, i drive my buddy's ms3 all the time (all he has is CAI currently gave the car 22whp) and i have no trouble controlling it at all under 30mph. unless you're talking about launching it but daily driving on the streets even after the car's rolling and going WOT in 1st gear it's a non-issue.

ms3 with intake vs. my other friend's stock 06 sti = Sti win by 2 cars from 40-120mph. now the Sti has catted TBE and custom tune and flat out rapes it. i wonder how the ms3 will fare after it gets full TBE.

Them 3's are pretty quick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken View Post
    i dont know about the torque steer comments, i drive my buddy's ms3 all the time (all he has is CAI currently gave the car 22whp) and i have no trouble controlling it at all under 30mph. unless you're talking about launching it but daily driving on the streets even after the car's rolling and going WOT in 1st gear it's a non-issue.

ms3 with intake vs. my other friend's stock 06 sti = Sti win by 2 cars from 40-120mph. now the Sti has catted TBE and custom tune and flat out rapes it. i wonder how the ms3 will fare after it gets full TBE.
    My brother in law almost sideswiped my sti when we raced from a stop the torque steer was so bad. not to mention the car cuts power in 1st and 2nd gear because it will lose traction. the car is still a great car but just not very good at low speed.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    My brother in law almost sideswiped my sti when we raced from a stop the torque steer was so bad. not to mention the car cuts power in 1st and 2nd gear because it will lose traction. the car is still a great car but just not very good at low speed.
    maybe he just got caught up in the moment. I drive a modded MS3 every day, Ive autoxed it, slalom, skidpad...tons of lauches and WOT under 30mph. It's never been a problem for me and I had a half dozen AutoX driving instructors drive my car and never mentioned it. Understeer-- thats another story

The car only cuts power if you have the DSG and TCS on (which he shouldnt have if he was racing) and the wheel isn't centered.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    maybe he just got caught up in the moment. I drive a modded MS3 every day, Ive autoxed it, slalom, skidpad...tons of lauches and WOT under 30mph. It's never been a problem for me and I had a half dozen AutoX driving instructors drive my car and never mentioned it. Understeer-- thats another story

The car only cuts power if you have the DSG and TCS on (which he shouldnt have if he was racing) and the wheel isn't centered.
    I have seen and heard many people say the same thing, including car magazines like carand driver and roadandtrack. Im not trying to say the speed3 isnt a capable car, I actually like it alot. there's no denying an issue that does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post

+1 i never really notice it either. maybe it's because i used to have an integra gsr, but no torque in that thing though lol

yea in all seriousness torque steer is non-existent in this car imo period. Maybe its jus me missin somethin but when I first drove this car it wasn't there.

Banned
    mazda should just solve the issue at hand and make the car awd like its big brother. It's very hard to have a true performance automobile thats fwd

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    mazda should just solve the issue at hand and make the car awd like its big brother. It's very hard to have a true performance automobile thats fwd
    why??it outhandles a wrx, its faster then a wrx , its cheaper then a wrx. Its competition isn't the sti.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Banned
    why??it outhandles a wrx, its faster then a wrx , its cheaper then a wrx. Its competition isn't the sti.
    It hasnt beaten the wrx, until the newest wrx came out. in the head to head comparison the wrx wins. check out the edmunds inside line. they are still identical in performance, and the speed3 sucks in the snow, unlike the wrx. speed3 is cheaper cause it's fwd

speed3 lapped Laguna Seca quicker than the s2000 in one of the mag tests from a while back....that little car can handle.

and if they make the ms3 rwd or awd i'd be driving one right now. i love the 5 door and the interior is kick-ass for the price of the car.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast