06 sti vs. 07 speed3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti vs. 07 speed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElBartoRex Did you get one??? Nope. I had the opportunity to drive one though and love the ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Did you get one???
    Nope. I had the opportunity to drive one though and love the car for what it is.

Lets be careful with this thread, every MS3 thread on here ends up getting closed
    Mainly because people are pissed that their superduper AWD hp moster of a wrx cannot keep up with a cheaper car in any catagory including braking, handling, acceleration, etc.. and even when they go stage2 they can't count on a definite win.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Mainly because people are pissed that their superduper AWD hp moster of a wrx cannot keep up with a cheaper car in any catagory including braking, handling, acceleration, etc.. and even when they go stage2 they can't count on a definite win.
    Yeah, in most MS3 and SRT-4 threads, the whining and namecalling starts before we get to page 2. <Lock>
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    MS3=SRT4

Everything here counts as a repost.

Can we just merge this with another dead/closed thread and call it good?
    its just funny when a guy in a sti says he beat the guy from a dead stop to 100+ by 2 cars and he says maybe 3 if he launched well then some kid in a blobeye comes up and says oh i beat one on the freeway!!(and his bone stock) they don't have that much top end, then goes back and edits it, it ends up he was just messin around with some guy in heavy traffic and calling it a victory. Same sh1t srt4 guys used to do, they used to beat cobra's off roll with stage 2+ toys remember?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

NYCDieselWRX
    eidt N/M ms3's are nice lil cars

Banned

Smile their not to shabby

ms3's are really nice, BUT, i dont know if anyone reads car and driver or motortrend. the regular wrx beats the ms3 hands down everytime. Not trying to down the ms3, but the tourque steer is redonkulous in 1st and 2nd. the car is basically useless below 30mph. I know people will disagree, but i'm the one with sti who raced the brother in law with the ms3. I have driven it, and it performs well, but you can only do so much with a fwd car that almost steers itself off the road under 30.

NYCDieselWRX
    Yea from what ive read the wrx is king in first and second gear stock..once you hit that higher end of the band that sh!t plateau's harsh around 5k rpm

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    ms3's are really nice, BUT, i dont know if anyone reads car and driver or motortrend. the regular wrx beats the ms3 hands down everytime. Not trying to down the ms3, but the tourque steer is redonkulous in 1st and 2nd. the car is basically useless below 30mph. I know people will disagree, but i'm the one with sti who raced the brother in law with the ms3. I have driven it, and it performs well, but you can only do so much with a fwd car that almost steers itself off the road under 30.
    Hmmm...

The wrx beats it to 60mph. That is for sure.

However, the 1/4mile is a drivers race
    0-100 has the MS3 winning
    0-120 has the MS3 winning (considerably)

Aside from 0-60 I don't really see the wrx's advantage in acceleration or speed.
    My numbers are steming from the very magazines you quote mind you.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Banned
    Nope. I had the opportunity to drive one though and love the car for what it is.

I was going to get a MS#, because stock, they are defanitly alot better than a wrx, and the interior is much nicer... but the thing about MS# vs WRX is that there is sooo much more out there for a wrx, and alot more potential.

Hmmm...

The wrx beats it to 60mph. That is for sure.

However, the 1/4mile is a drivers race
    0-100 has the MS3 winning
    0-120 has the MS3 winning (considerably)

Aside from 0-60 I don't really see the wrx's advantage in acceleration or speed.
    My numbers are steming from the very magazines you quote mind you.
    Hmmm.

Actual racing to magazine racing. Bass ackwards? Yes.

*what to have on my bagel.....*
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

NYCDieselWRX
    ^^ what are you puffing on dude cuz ill take an 8th! lol turbo post!! FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    its just funny when a guy in a sti says he beat the guy from a dead stop to 100+ by 2 cars and he says maybe 3 if he launched well then some kid in a blobeye comes up and says oh i beat one on the freeway!!(and his bone stock) they don't have that much top end, then goes back and edits it, it ends up he was just messin around with some guy in heavy traffic and calling it a victory. Same sh1t srt4 guys used to do, they used to beat cobra's off roll with stage 2+ toys remember?

you are so right. I think it is because the median age of WRX owners 5 years ago was 25, now its more like 18.

I love my MS3, and with all due respect, I wouldn't take a WRX over it if I could do it all over. STi is a different story.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Banned
    you are so right. I think it is because the median age of WRX owners 5 years ago was 25, now its more like 18.

I love my MS3, and with all due respect, I wouldn't take a WRX over it if I could do it all over. STi is a different story.
    i LOVE the MS3, but as i said, the only reason i didnt get one of those is because of the avaliable mods.

I think alot more people would like the MS3 if it was RWD or AWD

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    I think alot more people would like the MS3 if it was RWD or AWD
    At least more would take it seriously.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Hmmm.

Actual racing to magazine racing. Bass ackwards? Yes.

*what to have on my bagel.....*
    My reference of magazine numbers was solely because the post I quoted was using magazine numbers to represent his cause... When in reality, magazine numbers favor in opposition to his cause.

You sir are the one who seems to have it backwards
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast