New Malibu LTZ

This is a discussion on New Malibu LTZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love the new Chevy Malibu LTZ. BS'd my way into a test drive and was super impressed. Very mature ...

New Malibu LTZ

I love the new Chevy Malibu LTZ. BS'd my way into a test drive and was super impressed. Very mature and luxurious car for 26K, and it was pretty fast. It gets to 60 in 6.0 seconds and can run a 14.6 1/4 stock which is real impressive. I encourage anybody looking for a family car to look into these, just blew me away.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

But you can't beat the price and performance of a base model corvette. Only $39k and the performance of a supercar!!!

It beat the concorde from New York to Paris!

-CZ

P.S. couldn't help myself... had flash backs to another poster

the thing is thoes cars have no resale value... might as well get an accord or camry for that price... just my .02
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

The Malibu LTZ is Alot nicer then an Accord or camry. It really surprised me, but if I did plan on selling the car I prob. would go with a Honda.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    The Malibu LTZ is Alot nicer then an Accord or camry. It really surprised me, but if I did plan on selling the car I prob. would go with a Honda.
    i hate hondas but ill give them credit... they are great cars that last long imo
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    I just perused some pics of the new Malibu; I like the styling, and some aspects of the interior a lot. Looks like you get a lot for the money. I'm not a fan of the GM universal radio that was in the pics, for some reason, but then I'm spoiled to aftermarket, so it's unfair to compare. The stock WRX radios are nothing to write home about.

The issue with this car is the same that I have with a V6 Altima, or a Maxima; just too much power being put to the front wheels for it to be fun to drive....for me, at least.

I won't bore you with my list of cars in the $26K price range that would interest me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I love the new Chevy
    BAN

What your never going to sell the car?

is this malibu going in a museum
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I'm a little biased, but like the other guy said, I'd rather have a honda over any american car. The quality put into american cars still cannot touch what's put into japanese automobiles

That's the whole point -- GM has recognized that they've got to start competing in specs and quality. They no longer have the legions of buyers who go replace their 2 year old GM with the current model of the same car. It's taken them 20 years to adapt to the new market and the new Malibu is certainly a step in the right direction.

Too bad they didn't wait to bring back the Malibu name with the new car. It would have gone a long way to distance them from their past models.

BTW - at that price you can get an entry level Hyundai Azera with more room, the same power, and a 10 year warranty. Find a leftover 07 model and you'll get a loaded model for right at $25k +TTL thanks to incentives.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    BTW - at that price you can get an entry level Hyundai Azera with more room, the same power, and a 10 year warranty. Find a leftover 07 model and you'll get a loaded model for right at $25k +TTL thanks to incentives.
    yep, and that's a great car, at least on paper and looking at it up close. I haven't driven one.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    BAN

What your never going to sell the car?

is this malibu going in a museum
    I plan to run my car until it dies or I have to sell it for an unseen reason. I just was shocked on how nice it was.

Banned
    I wish I could give my opinion but I googled the picture and fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I've always been intrigued by the Azera, haven't seen so many on the road however. They looks nice. The new Genesis looks reeeealy nice though. I'm curious to see where Hyundai end up in ten years.

Back on topic... The new Malibu is a big step in the right direction. It probably can't go head to head with most japanese competitors now, but it's as close as it ever has been in the past 15 years or so. The auto industry rarely sees a turnaround in one generation. If the Malibu is any indication, American cars have the potential to equal or surpass imports. Just not yet.
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.