E36 M3 vs STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on E36 M3 vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; for some reason i thought this was funny. here is a link to the forum http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=935406...

E36 M3 vs STI

for some reason i thought this was funny. here is a link to the forum http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=935406

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ha that seems rather hard to believe, i guess maybe the sti driver was really bad? I raced one on the interstate one night in my stg1 wrx and pulled dead even with him... maybe mine was a freak incident or something?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm guessing that the STI driver didn't know that he was racing 'til after the M3 had launched. I <3 E36 M3's, but I wouldn't think that he would stand a chance without FI of some sort. I could be wrong; I'm no expert at the mod path for those cars.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Meh

i dont know, for some reason a 4.8 sec 0-60 car getting pulled by a 6 sec 0-60 car from a dig seems not credible to me. just read the replies. poeple do beleive that. even if you mess up the launch on an sti, you still get freaking good jump.

I read that whole thread...they obviously are biased...

They obviously have no clue what an STI is capable of, even in Stock form. I've had my STI up to 150mph...and it got there pretty quickly and that certainly isn't a loss at top end...my Dyno sheets even prove that the HP is pretty steady until 7200rpms or so...

Obviously I will be biased to STIs too...but I know they aren't the Be-all-end-all of fast cars. We all know an E46 M3 will probably start to take an STI at 100+ mph. But an E36 M3 after 100+ mph? Highly unlikely, especially with that guy's insane 4.11 gearing...

my two pennies
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    My favorite post:

V. Coronet

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rexxin:

I am not a biased person, but an STi will beat an e36 without F/I on the bmw
    Yes, you are.

A stock STi v stock E36 M3 is a driver's race if you knew any better. Especially after 90mph.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    My favorite post:
    Thats a moot point

Just crediting them over there with what one of the posts said
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

m3 tops out at 120mph? the sti would of killed him top speed. stock STi's top out at 155mph. i did 155 on the interstate a few weeks ago and it hit 7k rpms and hit the limit and the car felt liek it was going to shut down, so i slowed back down to 70mph.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #119

My favorite post:

Quote:
    V. Coronet

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rexxin:

I am not a biased person, but an STi will beat an e36 without F/I on the bmw
    Yes, you are.

A stock STi v stock E36 M3 is a driver's race if you knew any better. Especially after 90mph.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    I don't get that. How is he biased for saying an e36 m3 is slower than an sti, now if it was an e46 then i could see that but an e36? it has like 240bhp
    It's no different than the fanbois here. We've got regulars here who tell you that their WRX can beat all sorts of quicker cars.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    I don't get that. How is he biased for saying an e36 m3 is slower than an sti, now if it was an e46 then i could see that but an e36? it has like 240bhp
    I think you misunderstood the quotes. It's one guy responding to another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's no different than the fanbois here. We've got regulars here who tell you that their WRX can beat all sorts of quicker cars.
    Especially the 2.5L'zZzz!1!!!!!1!!! (It's basically an STI)
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I think you misunderstood the quotes. It's one guy responding to another guy.

Especially the 2.5L'zZzz!1!!!!!1!!! (It's basically an STI)
    No i got that, one guy was saying the other is biased for saying an STi is faster than an e36 m3. I just don't understand how thats biased. Even some of the owners other than that one guy say it is, i guess that one guy is just out to lunch
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yea, and it gets worse daily
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32

hey, all the STI drivers watch out for the mad e36 m3. they are going to get you all, and pull away from you from a dig, and over 100mph. j/k

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.