E36 M3 vs STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on E36 M3 vs STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I'm guessing that the STI driver didn't know that he was racing 'til after the M3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm guessing that the STI driver didn't know that he was racing 'til after the M3 had launched. I <3 E36 M3's, but I wouldn't think that he would stand a chance without FI of some sort. I could be wrong; I'm no expert at the mod path for those cars.
    + 1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    hey, all the STI drivers watch out for the mad e36 m3. they are going to get you all, and pull away from you from a dig, and over 100mph. j/k
    I just fail to see how an e36 M3 would pull away from my "lightly modded" STI. My car pulls straight hard as hell through all 6 gears...the HP curve does not drop off really more than 20hp or so by redline after it peaks...and at that point, I still have WAY much more power to the wheels than an e36 M3...

But then again, at this point, I'm paper racing so...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Sounds like WRX vs anything on this forum. A few very knowledgeable people, and more people who think their car needs parachutes to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    more people who think their car needs parachutes to stop.
    You mean yours doesn't? You must be slow

I by all means know that my car is not the be-all-end-all of fast cars. But at the same time, nobody can deny its fast as hell from a dig and will run a 12.4 quarter mile...and it pulls hard until 150mph...proven. I've driven an e36 M3 and yes, they are immaculate cars and I love them and always have. They are very quick as well, but just in driving it, it didn't feel near as fast as my STI...with those experiences, I take from it that an e36 M3 won't beat my STI, even in high speeds. E46 M3 on the other hand...would just use that N/A's 3.2L I6 to begin walking me at the higher speeds...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Difficult to judge between these cars by "seat of the pants", because of the rush that FI delivers. I think that yes, the STI is the quicker of the cars, but maybe not by the margin that some of you are thinking...at least not worth the heckling that 350Zimo is giving it.

And Mike, you're comparing your Stage 2 STI to it...I thought we were talking about stock vehicles.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Difficult to judge between these cars by "seat of the pants", because of the rush that FI delivers. I think that yes, the STI is the quicker of the cars, but maybe not by the margin that some of you are thinking...at least not worth the heckling that 350Zimo is giving it.

And Mike, you're comparing your Stage 2 STI to it...I thought we were talking about stock vehicles.
    my two cents. for me its hard to believe that an e36 M3 would pull on an STI. i have 2007 350z, and i have raced a stock STI 06 only with an intake ( i consider it stock), it is my buddies STI and he pulled a car lenght on me from a dig right away. i have raced him from a roll and have hard time even inching away. i would be able to put 3/4 of a car on him, not even close to a half a CL. my car is stock and dynos @ 267whp, and 241wtq. i have had many runs with e36 m3s and they are no contest to my Z from a roll and dig. so, i cannot imagine an M3 e36 to pull an sti from a dig nor from a roll. E46 is different, but the price is a deterent.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    my two cents. for me its hard to believe that an e36 M3 would pull on an STI.
    Yeah, I think we've all figured out your stance in the matter.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

If this thread was a person, I would poop on it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thats a valid point...but I was still stock for 7 months before going Stage 2 so I am able to remember comparisons...

I mean, my STI pinned me in the seat stock...Stage 2 just makes my face shudder with G Forces

Seriously though, I was only meaning Stock because I understand its not right to compare Stage 2 to stock M3...apples and oranges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12