wrx/sti vs ford lightning - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx/sti vs ford lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Potatoez very well i reckon, seeing as how it IS a ford...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatoez View Post
    very well i reckon, seeing as how it IS a ford
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very well i reckon, seeing as how it IS a ford
    Did using the word reckon come with a 5th of whiskey, gum disease, 5 missing teeth and a lowered IQ as well?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Did using the word reckon come with a 5th of whiskey, gum disease, 5 missing teeth and a lowered IQ as well?
    This is Amurrrrrica, boy, and if you don't like Ford or Chevy you can giiiiiiit out! (*Spits chew onto the ground before climbing into his Iroc-Z and leaving half his tread on the pavement. The smell of burning rubber fills the air.)
    Last edited by Grasmonky3; 02-12-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I really wanted a pre-owned 2G Lightning instead of the WRX. I figured I could load up the bed to get traction in the snow. Then I saw the 13/16 fuel economy and went with a new WRX. Still, it's a very capable truck.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I once saw a lightning get sideways leaving a gas station, Its a mystery how a 2wd supercharged V8 pickup with no rear weight can do that so easily
    I see no point to a truck if it cannot haul or pull a good amount of weight like a drag with a bobcat, which the lightning cannot do, even more so if the given truck is not a diesel, which again the lightning is not. Im not hating I just <3 teh diesels and the power they are blessed with
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    I once saw a lightning get sideways leaving a gas station, Its a mystery how a 2wd supercharged V8 pickup with no rear weight can do that so easily
    I see no point to a truck if it cannot haul or pull a good amount of weight like a drag with a bobcat, which the lightning cannot do, even more so if the given truck is not a diesel, which again the lightning is not. Im not hating I just <3 teh diesels and the power they are blessed with
    The Lightning has a large cargo bed that people like me would find very useful when lugging things home from the store. Granted I'm not hauling Bobcats around like you, but how many "heavy-hauling diesels" are around $30k and run mid-13's bone stock? I, for one, love the performance and utility the Lightning offered, it was also sold at a reasonable price.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

we've got fords over in australia and they're one of the worst cars for how much they cost

I Support ClubWRX
    I see about the same amount of "diesels" running around with NO hitches "looking cool" as I do Lightings.

I dont see this thread lasting through the night.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

well i just got my wrx(stock) and raced my friends 01 lightning s/c

i pulled him from a dig till about 3rd when he then proceed to blow me off the road haha. we just did this messing around on a closed road. imo lightnings are sick trucks!

I have owned both a Lightning and an STI. I had an '00 Black Lightning with nothing but a CAI and cat-back. That truck was a ton of fun but it weighed 4600lbs and had the aerodynamics of a barn door. It had a tow package and belive it or not it was a great tow rig. I would say that stock for stock an L would own a WRX and depending on the year of Lightning ('99 and '00 360hp/440tq, '01-'04 380hp) they can give an STI a good run from a dig and pull them from a roll. Modified it all depends as you guys know. I loved my Lightning but the gas mileage sucked.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    we've got fords over in australia and they're one of the worst cars for how much they cost
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

sti>ford
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.