WRX vrs Duramax

This is a discussion on WRX vrs Duramax within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today, after snowboarding, I had a Chevy diesel pull up next to me at a light. It was lifted and ...

Banned

WRX vrs Duramax

Today, after snowboarding, I had a Chevy diesel pull up next to me at a light. It was lifted and had some good looking tires on it. I gave it some go juice off the line just to let him see how fast WRX's actually are.

Well his Chevy had some go juice of its own and it beet me off the line. It then proceeded to make a mockery out of my full throttle attempt to match his acceleration. My car was no match for this truck. I let off and admitted defeat. It made me smile actually. It was quite a spectacle to see that with just a little bit of turbo love a truck can be transformed into monster like that.

I guess it says something about Utah too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Didn't you just get your car back after an incident involving racing some old lady up the mountain for first tracks? Ha ha just kidding... Tell me you atleast got new tires...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen some of those trucks run 12s at the track.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Didn't you just get your car back after an incident involving racing some old lady up the mountain for first tracks? Ha ha just kidding... Tell me you atleast got new tires...
    I got new tires and they are the hottness.... For going slow of course.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I've seen some of those trucks run 12s at the track.
    +1. They are sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Well his Chevy had some go juice of its own and it beet me off the line.
    It beet you?,.... with vegatables?!!
    Nice death.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Diesels start with locomotive torque. There are EM devices that make them very quick for 5k - 6k pound truck. The 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel can be a beast.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

a good friend of mine has an 05 cummins turbo diesel. has ethanol injection, fast fuel system, super bee turbo, EM, catless duals, blew his tranny so put some sort of racing tranny in... it is a very very powerful truck.
    yup

Yeah - there's really only two levels of turbo diesel mods. The first bunch has an intake and tune of some sort, and maybe a full 4 or 5 inch exhaust. That's quick as it is, putting a 7k+ lb truck into the 13s.

The others have gone for the Full Monty. They've got propane/meth injection, a huge turbo, built tranny, and are loaded for bear. Those are the real barn burners.

I couldn't justify the expense of a turbo diesel for what I do so I had to make do with just a Hemi. It's got a nice mod path too but it's twice as hard when you own two money pits!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Diesels start with locomotive torque. There are EM devices that make them very quick for 5k - 7400 pound truck. The 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel can be a beast.
    Fixed.

My buddys 06 Cummins 5.9l rolled over the scales at 7400 lbs. (quad cab 4x4)
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

all ya need is a chevy duramax with a chip to beat a wrx.

my dad has owned two and its hella fast up to around 70 then it lets off.but then again our cars arent top end. but it is no match for the sti.
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Ive got several friends with deisels 2 with cummins with intake exhaust and boost controller both are hella fast and will keep up with a stock wrx, and one with a powerstroke intake exhaust and a chip it's not as fast but will still walk most stock cars

I agree the Cummins is an awesome engine. Both of my vehicles (see Sig) are bone stock, but plenty powerful for me. I drive over them Alleghenies and the Cummins never drops out of overdrive unless I am at a stoplight. I only need to apply a little more pedal when on the hills to maintain the speed. I have not had the WRX up there yet, but from what I can tell, it will not be bothered either.
    2008 WRX 5 Door,5 Speed, Dark Gray Metallic ,Premium Package
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Atlantic Blue

TWO Turbo's are better than one!

i raced one before from a 25 roll and it kept side by side with me till 3rd then i got away.. im from oklahoma so thats what i mostly see around here haha they are very quick