First Kill? - Volvo S40 T5 AWD

This is a discussion on First Kill? - Volvo S40 T5 AWD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not really sure if this is worth bragging about or not but it happened so I figured I'd share. ...

First Kill? - Volvo S40 T5 AWD

I'm not really sure if this is worth bragging about or not but it happened so I figured I'd share. Last night on my way home from the gym I was following a silver Volvo S40 T5 AWD. At a light where afterwards two lanes merge into one, I pulled up next to the car and looked over to see who was driving. Dude looked to be in his mid twenties. He revved a couple times and I did the same (I'm pretty sure I can piss farther). At green we went and I pulled out ahead immediately and had the race outright. We ended up filling up at the same gas station and he came over and said he didn't even recognize my car as a WRX until he was behind me and saw the badging. We ended up talking for a couple more minutes and learned he's had his car for about 7 months now and really likes it but kind of wishes he went the Subaru route. He said his family has always just gotten Volvos so he didn't really question it at the time.

Now I don't know the numbers on the S40 other than the price but in my experience at least, there's one car that doesn't seem to be able to hang. I will say the refinement is definitely better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    nice

next time give him this site for modding volvo's
    heicosportiv
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Nice, I was actually looking at the S40 as a possible alternative to the WRX but I didn't like the lines on it as much and I couldn't get over the starting price tag.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I also looked at the S40. It's a turbo 5-cylinder, similar HP compared to the WRX but significantly more $$$ if you want AWD. It's pretty heavy so it's not as quick and nimble as you'd think. I tried talking my girlfriend into an S40 or Legacy GT but she wound up getting the TSX.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Nice kill.

I'm really not much of a fan of the S40.
    It is overweight for its size, underpowered, doesn't handle all that well and interior is nothing to write home about either... particularly for a European car.
    I also never understood why Volvo wanted to charge so much for the car.

The S60-R is a pretty nice car though. I've always liked those.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

As somebody that used to own an S-40, I'd never buy one. We sold it after having it for only a year or so. The handling (no feedback) and power (HUGE turbo lag) were crappy.

We bought it just for the safety factor because we had our first kid. Stay away from them! (kids and S40)
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading