wrx vs maxima - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on wrx vs maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex 1) Up until 2007 they all used a 3.5L VQ motor. Not exactly the same ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    1) Up until 2007 they all used a 3.5L VQ motor. Not exactly the same though. Each had a different power output.

2) Z and G35 are also RWD. Maxima is FWD... So there are a few differences.

3) A 6spd G35 is a joke to a TBE WRX? When did this happen? Was I on vacation?

4) I would LOVE to see you or anyone else in wrx with an intake and AP slay an HR35 6spd 350Z.
    They are running mid 13's and trapping in the 104 area like it's their job. They compete with and sometimes edge out STI's now.

I love the elitist attitude here now. It is grand.

as i said i didnt research this stuff, as for g35's being a tough opponent, my friend has the g35 catback... air intake maybe and i dont no what else he has. they are not cars to be scared of. stock the car has zero mid range torque all it does is make a lot of noise and this thing weighs like a manatee. granted im sure with a few mods and a supreme diet they are fast cars. but from the hundreds of g35's ive seen i can say maybe 5% had enough mods to make it a car that i would never race (just cause i hate to lose) the rest are stock noise makers. So "generally" g35's are no issue. as for the 350z again the car stock i can safely say are easily beatable because i have proven this to my friend who did not believe me and rode with me during a random race with, but these mid 13, 350z are not stock and you will rarely ever see and are prolly cars once again i would never race. I agree 350z's are sooo sick and i would jump at the chance to have one but it does need mods. So a close to stock 350z is not something to worry about. BUT who really nows whats under the other guyz hood so it all depends on who u end up racing, guess maybe ive been lucky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    I don't get the Anti-WRX fanboi sentiment around here lately. I mean jeez, it's not like they're claiming to beat SRT-4's or anything unbelievable like that.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    No.

All Maxima's since 1991 have been 6 cylinders.
    Wrong.

All Maxima's since 1977 (back then they were Datsun 810's) were 6cyl.

77-84 810/Maxima L24E 2.4 straight six (Also 81-83 L28 2.8 diesel straight six)
    85-94 Maxima VG30E 3.0 V6 SOHC (Also an option for 92-94 VG30DE DOHC)
    95-01 Maxima VQ30DE 3.0 V6 DOHC
    02 - present Maxima VQ35DE V6 DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Wrong.

All Maxima's since 1977 (back then they were Datsun 810's) were 6cyl.

77-84 810/Maxima L24E 2.4 straight six (Also 81-83 L28 2.8 diesel straight six)
    85-94 Maxima VG30E 3.0 V6 SOHC (Also an option for 92-94 VG30DE DOHC)
    95-01 Maxima VQ30DE 3.0 V6 DOHC
    02 - present Maxima VQ35DE V6 DOHC
    Good call.

I thought at one point the old school Maxima wagons from the late 80's came with a 4 banger to address the oil crisis of the 80's, but I must be incorrect.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DTR rex; 02-01-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by colin[p View Post
    as i said i didnt research this stuff, as for g35's being a tough opponent, my friend has the g35 catback... air intake maybe and i dont no what else he has. they are not cars to be scared of. stock the car has zero mid range torque all it does is make a lot of noise and this thing weighs like a manatee. granted im sure with a few mods and a supreme diet they are fast cars. but from the hundreds of g35's ive seen i can say maybe 5% had enough mods to make it a car that i would never race (just cause i hate to lose) the rest are stock noise makers. So "generally" g35's are no issue. as for the 350z again the car stock i can safely say are easily beatable because i have proven this to my friend who did not believe me and rode with me during a random race with, but these mid 13, 350z are not stock and you will rarely ever see and are prolly cars once again i would never race. I agree 350z's are sooo sick and i would jump at the chance to have one but it does need mods. So a close to stock 350z is not something to worry about. BUT who really nows whats under the other guyz hood so it all depends on who u end up racing, guess maybe ive been lucky.

I won't even address all the faults in this post. I could spend the next 30min digging up 1/4 mile times, videos, data, etc... to prove you wrong... but honestly, it's just not worth it.
    I'll let you continue to be horribly misinformed.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by colin[p View Post
    1. go on any Z forum you'll find plenty of stock z's that are running high to mid 13's stock. Tthe new ones with the VQ35gr which have even gotten occasional low 13. Does everyone get those times, no but its certainly possible and theres enough people that do.

2. A stage 2 wrx should take a stock Z.

3. On the street anything is possible given enough of a difference in drivers conditions whatever.

4. I've gone off topic and am no e-arguing so I will stop, believe me or don't.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 02-01-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

What is going on with this forum lately..

Colin 350z's are quick, and your wrx isn't godly, thats reserved for the srt-4.

I love all these posts lately where people just say "I would win, I have to, I have a WRX, zomg!" You have 177whp stock, estimated. Thats enough to beat many cars yes, but also not so many. Those VQ's are serious business, have you heard about the 2009 370Z. Just because you have awd and you think you accelerate fast, you dont. Your not launching because you dont have the tranny to do so, your not flat foot shifting either. You wouldnt even make 14's at a drag strip, and these cars have been making 13's (350zed) so why would you be faster. and a G35 6spd is not a joke, get a clue.

I'm getting sick of reading posts where people are ignorant and think they will beat anything.
    Last edited by apex32; 02-01-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    This isnt going anywhere at this point.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234