On fire...

This is a discussion on On fire... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i know im new to this place but thats because im new to owning a wrx. a friend of ...

On fire...

So i know im new to this place but thats because im new to owning a wrx. a friend of mine had a 02 wrx that i would drive and i fell in love, i got a good job and i went out and bought a 04 wrx, didn't have a good enough job for the STI but i will one day!

But anyways, I'm driving home on the highway doing about 80 when from behind i see a car creeping up on me and pulls next to me its a Acura RSX type S, my WRX isn't stock anymore but i haven't done anything exterior to it besides shaved the trunk but aside from the hks carbon ti exhaust it could be mistaken for a 2.5 rs to the untrained car guru. So I down shift and take off lose him right away and you know the sound when a car is tacked out trying to catch up so i slow down because i don't want this guy to ruin his car. too late... he fly's past me and it smells awful and out from his exhaust is literally flames and sparks and smoke,

i put my flashers on to tell him no more and when i caught up to him his car sounded like someone punched a hole through the bottom of his engine it was knocking loud enough to hear it with my window rolled up... he got off the exit before i did and in my rear view i didn't see him pull over or i would have gone back.

thats all, figured id share... its late I'm tired... goodnight!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    ~Selah

we gotta share this with the rest

Your first post is about street racing?

And to top it off, you started racing at 80? Sounds like a great idea.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

That sucks.

I wonder what he did? Those engines are pretty damn bullet-proof.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

haha whenever i read encounters like this, im always dying to see the other guys post on his forums about how he rolled some wrx (not trying to knock you, just talkin about in general)
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

the race didn't start at 80 thats where i was when he came up on me, i didn't just down shift into forth and take off, sorry for the miss communication on that. Secondly my first post was about a race because i don't need advice on my car right now and i don't have a question about my car or any other Subaru right now either so i figured id share a story!

As for the bullet proof, i dont know what he did, he might have had a bad engine to begin with and this race just finished it off.

I would love to see the post back from him because i know thats exactly what people think when you intentionally let them pass you cause your done but they might not be... they probably sit in there car thinking "man i just shook a WRX wait till i tell everyone"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bduane View Post
    Secondly my first post was about a race because i don't need advice on my car right now and i don't have a question about my car or any other Subaru right now
    Well bless your heart.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    this reminds me of something my friend did. Onetime we were driving down the highway and a SI cut him off... he dicided to try and race the SI, him being in an 07 GLI, and it was actually a pretty close race. so he slows down and the si takes off.... about a mile later, his check engine light comes on. turns out he started losing oil pressure, proabably due to the stress on the engine. the car had less than 1000 miles on it. he is lucky it didnt due any direct damage, but it probably cut his engine life like in half. sory though, dont mean to hijak

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    That sucks.

I wonder what he did? Those engines are pretty damn bullet-proof.
    Agreed...but if it was making horrible sounds like that...sounds like a Piston cracked or a bearing was spun, based on broke Honda engines I've heard in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Rexzor View Post
    this reminds me of something my friend did. Onetime we were driving down the highway and a SI cut him off... he dicided to try and race the SI, him being in an 07 GLI, and it was actually a pretty close race. so he slows down and the si takes off.... about a mile later, his check engine light comes on. turns out he started losing oil pressure, proabably due to the stress on the engine. the car had less than 1000 miles on it. he is lucky it didnt due any direct damage, but it probably cut his engine life like in half. sory though, dont mean to hijak
    Poor oil pressure
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    nice kill
    Quite literally....
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    After hearing all that I have to wonder how hard he pushes his engine on a daily basis
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

This actually reminded me of a one of the guys from my unit that has an Eclipse with a 16G EVOIII turbo and a whole bunch of other ****. Anyway, he used a regular silicon hose in his intake rather than a high temperture one and after doing a couple hard runs on the highway with my friends RX-7, the hose melted and proceeded to make a big fire under the hood.

The damage was fixed but his car was out of commission for a month since most of the repairs were done at our maintanance bays.
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

nice kill lol
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    nice kill lol
    sorry bud but if you went from a Roll with a Type-S rsx you would have gotten killed.

And it takes a lot to kill a k20

I call bs
    or list your mods..