evo V.S. stage 2 wrx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on evo V.S. stage 2 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im sure this has been asked before but can a stage 2 wrx beat a stock 03 evo rs? my ...

evo V.S. stage 2 wrx

im sure this has been asked before but can a stage 2 wrx beat a stock 03 evo rs? my friend got an evo last night and its much faster then my wrx,do u guys think stage 2 culd beat him? sry if this is a repost.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could have a shot if he's a bad driver and you're a good one.

Didn't think they made the RS in 03?

ur right, it was an 05, heres the car he got http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=235527683

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

i wouldnt mind hearing some personal accounts of how well a stage 2 wrx can keep up with an evo
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

ive had one spirited run with an evo with my wagon as a stage 2 setup, actually. i was behind him at a light and we both made a right turn. i stayed about 30ft behind him as he accelerated, so from that point of view we were pretty evenly matched. i dont know if he was going all out, i do know from my position i was running real close to wot. i never got in line with him at a stop, so i couldnt tell you how that wouldve gone.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

Your chances are not good.

My 240whp Stage2 + Protune had trouble keeping up with a friends RS Evo with intake/catback. If you know how to drive the Evo they will go very low 13's stock @ 104/105. I can barely hold him off from a dig if I launch, but from a roll he gets me.

Since he just bought the car though and is getting used to driving it I would venture to say it is a drivers race.

If you're on the OTS map I am going to call it close with him getting the win.
    If you're protuned, I am going to call it close and if you know how to drive, you can win it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yep he'll win

yep the Evo would still win....a stg. 2 rex traps around 100mph and the Evo traps over 100mph easily.

why not just run him and post the results?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Quote Originally Posted by capt'n'caveman View Post
    why not just run him and post the results?
    +1 run him
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

i plan to but im not stage 2 yet, i dont wana talk crap to him if i dont have a chance at winning haha. ill post the results when it finally happens tho, thanks for the input guys

To give you an idea of how fast they can be, here's a 0-100 mph clip of my 03/viii, with just cams, exhaust and tune (your typical evo mods).

I was actually going a little uphill, so it woud be even faster on a flat road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ercywXyi6A

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    +1 run him
    +2 i wanna hear what happens when you go
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

i have a stage 2 wrx and ive beaten the same evo viii with an intake by a little more than a car from a 1st gear roll till about 95mph 4 out of 5 times. and i was 1 for 2 from a dig with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by adWRXi View Post
    i have a stage 2 wrx and ive beaten the same evo viii with an intake by a little more than a car from a 1st gear roll till about 95mph 4 out of 5 times. and i was 1 for 2 from a dig with the same results.
    nice, what kind of tires u got and do u have a protune?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast