303whp STi vs. 335xi - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 303whp STi vs. 335xi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i still want A 135i pretty bad, Its like a RWD german skyline Twin turbo Inline 6...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i still want A 135i pretty bad, Its like a RWD german skyline Twin turbo Inline 6
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    Bimmers have great high end accelleration I used to have a `92 525i and my friends Golf VR6 would toast me all the time off the line or a slow roll. Until we hit the straightaway on a bridge one time from around 80 and I started to pull as we got above 100 and kept doing so up to 140 when we had to slow from the curve.

I love teh Germans.
    My slow ass VW Jetta 2.0L had pretty decent pickup (for a 115hp) around 80 MPH or so as well. Geared for teh autobahn.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post

Hummer, Mitsubishi S-AWC, Acura SH-AWD, Audi Quattro (non-haldex ie TT, A3), BMW x-Drive, Subaru Symmetrical are the top AWD systems.
    Nissans Altessa AWD system has been regarded for years as one of the THE best on the market.
    All the other mentioned are up there as well, but the Altessa system has long been winning reviews throughout the globe against the german competitors.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Nissans Altessa AWD system has been regarded for years as one of the THE best on the market.
    All the other mentioned are up there as well, but the Altessa system has long been winning reviews throughout the globe against the german competitors.
    The Nissan Atessa ET-S was the best, then the Acura SH-AWD came, which is the same idea. But the Mitsu S-AWC is even better because not only does it change torque from one rear tire to the other the % of power is independent from RPM. Atessa and SH both need RPM's to power them. So if the RPMs are low, the % available is low. The S-AWC version can send full power to either tire.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

The Nissan Atessa ET-S was the best, then the Acura SH-AWD came, which is the same idea. But the Mitsu S-AWC is even better because not only does it change torque from one rear tire to the other the % of power is independent from RPM. Atessa and SH both need RPM's to power them. So if the RPMs are low, the % available is low. The S-AWC version can send full power to either tire.
    S-AWC is an awesome system. I wasn't necessarily saying the Atessa system was the best, but it should def. be on a list of the top runners.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I'm not 100% but they should be about the same. Both are designed to get you out of a snow bank, they are not for performance. Also they can start if only one wheel has traction which our AWD cannot (er pre 08, the VDC might help).

Hummer, Mitsubishi S-AWC, Acura SH-AWD, Audi Quattro (non-haldex ie TT, A3), BMW x-Drive, Subaru Symmetrical are the top AWD systems.
    good info right there
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    You were at a major disadvantage due to the extra 3 people in your car. Figuring they weight 150 average, plus throw in another 100 for the stuff in the trunk, that cuts down weight/power ratio pretty badly:
    Unloaded (just driver): 3250 / 303 = 10.73 lb/HP
    Loaded (3 passengers plus luggage): 3800 / 303 = 12.54 lb/HP

You effectively reduced your your HP by ~14%, plus you didn't downshift. I'd say you ran very respectably versus the BMW.
    yeah... i didnt think that bimmer had that much power tho
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    yeah i looked at the speedo and thought to myself how am i going to explain this to the cop (if i did get pulled over) and my job and i was like screw it time to let off the gas
    haha i'd like to hear you try, my advise if you pass a cop goin 140 would be to speed up
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    haha i'd like to hear you try, my advise if you pass a cop goin 140 would be to speed up
    yeah till the helicopter come out
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

haha you could almost take the helicopter, i think most top out around 190,
    (dont qute me on that, i think i learned that little fun fact from the transporter)
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    haha you could almost take the helicopter, i think most top out around 190,
    (dont qute me on that, i think i learned that little fun fact from the transporter)
    i think it is less than that
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i think it is less than that
    even better
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

Cmon guys, Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds outran the helicopter after 150 mph

Quote Originally Posted by mikercp View Post
    Cmon guys, Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds outran the helicopter after 150 mph
    that was a movie tho
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Unless the police department has upgraded since the last time I checked, most police departments still use the Bell Ranger don't they? Those only do about 140MPH. The only thing is, you better have a REALLY long staight line, otherwise the chopper gets to cut corners....

Those new bimmer's are freaking sweet. With small upgrades I hear they are beasts, but it is very easy to over do it and blow up your motor.
    2006 Mustang GT
    3.55's Manual
    Black and about to be Blown!

Yeah my friend works for BMW sales in Socal, and he said alot of co workers and new owners get them reflashed/chipped and it really opens them up.

As much as +60HP gains from a flash from stock. Not even going turbo back yet.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast