First encounter with a Mazdaspeed3. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on First encounter with a Mazdaspeed3. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SonicWagon your point was that because you can find an 8k wrx meant they had low resale ...

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    your point was that because you can find an 8k wrx meant they had low resale value, the truth is 8k for a 7 year old 100k+mile japanese sedan is very high.
    my point is that I don't think that the WRX is or ever was considered a car that is a wise investment over any other similarly equipped car.

a clean Mk4 Supra is what I consider an automotive investment, not a 2002 wrx.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    my point is that I don't think that the WRX is or ever was considered a car that is a wise investment over any other similarly equipped car.

a clean Mk4 Supra is what I consider an automotive investment, not a 2002 wrx.
    who defines wise investment??? is there a book "These Cars are Wise Investments?? the book would be small.

FACT, AN STI holds its value as well or better than any japanese car sold in america today.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Cars are one of the fastest depreciating assets, therefore no one really looks to buy a new (modern) car as an "investment." Either it holds it's value fairly well or it doesn't. The WRX and especially the WRX STI hold their values just as well if not better than most other cars in their classes.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Banned
    I think a bycycle is a wise investmen. My subaru has been the worst investment known to man. Any car is the worst investment in the world.

Now that I think about it, the inexpensive:high-gain mod path of the WRX, WRX STI and even the Evo make them all terrible investments.

Luckily, I came from a modded VW and vowed to keep this thing stock. I haven't fallen of the wagon... yet.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    not picking on you, just using the above as the jump off on the tangent about buying cars as investments.

Never buy a vehicle as an investment. Buy it to drive it. If you want an investment, look to the stock market.
    +1 my previous jobs 401k and my current jobs stock options are the only real investments I have.

My cars are a differint type of investment, they keep me sane and happy. The widely available selection of mods is a part of what makes Impreza/Lancer ownership so much fun. The only way I can see Mazda gaining a decent aftermarket following is if they keep the car in production longer than just a few years. Most major mod components will work on 2002-2007 WRX/STI, that's what I believe encourages 3rd party manufacturers to keep developing/manufacturing/selling parts for our cars. The rally bump sure doesn't hurt either. The Mazdaspeed3 doesn't currently benefit from this, or anything like it. If they can leave it on the same platform for a few years, and gain a stong sales following, then maybe the aftermarket will respond.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I'm gonna quote myself now:

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I didn't buy my WRX or my MS3 for residual value, I bought them because they are fun, tunable street cars.
    just for the record I was arguing against a car as an investment...
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

a stock MS3 is slow compared to a VF39 WRX. I test drove a MS3 like 3 months ago and my car feels like a beast compare to that one, I even test drove a 07 350Z NISMO limited and is still slow compare to mine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's keep the tangents down a little bit in here.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

FACT, AN STI holds its value as well or better than any japanese car sold in america today.
    Dwight Schrute?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Dwight Schrute?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Dwight Schrute?

Dwight: I am fast. To give you a reference point, Iím somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    2006 Panty Dropper

Oh man this great!

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post

Dwight: I am fast. To give you a reference point, Iím somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    HAHA that was a great quote
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.