First encounter with a Mazdaspeed3. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

This is a discussion on First encounter with a Mazdaspeed3. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Micah Honestly I don't think the MS3 is a great investment. In terms of modding alone or ...

  1. #31
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,733
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    Honestly I don't think the MS3 is a great investment.
    In terms of modding alone or overall?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User Micah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean Grove, NJ
    Posts
    4,142
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    In terms of modding alone or overall?
    Both. I'd prefer if it was RWD or AWD. The engine is great - mazda has it in a few cars, but I don't think the car will have the same residual value that a WRX does.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

  4. #33
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Both. I'd prefer if it was RWD or AWD. The engine is great - mazda has it in a few cars, but I don't think the car will have the same residual value that a WRX does.
    What residual value? Last time I checked you could pickup a bugeye for 8 grand... Doesn't sound that good to me for a 6 year old car
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  5. #34
    Registered User tom'sti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    What residual value? Last time I checked you could pickup a bugeye for 8 grand... Doesn't sound that good to me for a 6 year old car
    Link?

    Normal mileage, normal wear Bugeyes in my area are going for ~12K.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

  6. #35
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    8-10 grand is not unheard of for a WRX in any area. Go to cars.com and look for yourself.

    2002 WRX
    another one
    and another one

    The WRX is a great car with tons of modding potential, awesome community and great aftermarket support-- however..it is not a car you buy as an 'investment' or for appreciation. WRXs are cool but lets get off the high horse and jump back down to reality.

    I didn't buy my WRX or my MS3 for residual value, I bought them because they are fun, tunable street cars.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 01-17-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  7. #36
    Registered User koogxone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Best Coast
    Posts
    0
    I still think a VF39'd wrx can pull on an ms3 pretty well. Plus, as mentioned, the ms3 "falls on its face" at 5500 rpm. My car, and I think any properly tuned VF39'd rex, pulls to redline.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

  8. #37
    Registered User budahrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    8-10 grand is not unheard of for a WRX in any area. Go to cars.com and look for yourself.

    2002 WRX
    another one
    and another one

    The WRX is a great car with tons of modding potential, awesome community and great aftermarket support-- however..it is not a car you buy as an 'investment' or for appreciation. WRXs are cool but lets get off the high horse and jump back down to reality.

    I didn't buy my WRX or my MS3 for residual value, I bought them because they are fun, tunable street cars.
    all 3 of those have over 110k miles, and still goin for around 8-9k, just thought id put it out there
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

    bugeye mafia #161

  9. #38
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    I still think a VF39'd wrx can pull on an ms3 pretty well. Plus, as mentioned, the ms3 "falls on its face" at 5500 rpm. My car, and I think any properly tuned VF39'd rex, pulls to redline.
    I concur
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  10. #39
    Registered User tom'sti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    8-10 grand is not unheard of for a WRX in any area. Go to cars.com and look for yourself.

    2002 WRX 111,xxx miles
    another one 132,xxx miles
    and another one 127,xxx miles

    I was talking about lower mileage examples, thanks though.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

  11. #40
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    I was talking about lower mileage examples, thanks though.
    I never made any claims about mileage. I said a bugeye can be had for 8 grand and then demonstrated that fact.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 01-18-2008 at 05:01 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  12. #41
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Link?

    Normal mileage, normal wear Bugeyes in my area are going for ~12K.
    this is correct i paid a lil more than 12k and was talking to multiple dealers.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  13. #42
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I never made any claims about mileage. I said a bugeye can be had for 8 grand and then demonstrated that fact.
    find a mazda speed protege with 110k on the ODO and see what it will cost
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  14. #43
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    guys...calm down..

    I made my point and backed it up with evidence.

    Yes a WRX with 50-70k on the clock is going to run you 12,xxx.

    However, it is also possible to have 8k in your pocket and drive off with a roadworthy WRX? yes.

    I have never made any claims about used Mazda values...so I don't even know why your are trying to rebut me with that.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  15. #44
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    guys...calm down..

    I made my point and backed it up with evidence.

    Yes a WRX with 50-70k on the clock is going to run you 12,xxx.

    However, it is also possible to have 8k in your pocket and drive off with a roadworthy WRX? yes.

    I have never made any claims about used Mazda values...so I don't even know why your are trying to rebut me with that.
    your point was that because you can find an 8k wrx meant they had low resale value, the truth is 8k for a 7 year old 100k+mile japanese sedan is very high.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  16. #45
    Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    West Deptford, NJ
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Maybe he let off..

    a stock MS3 will make about 20-25 more ftlbs to the wheels than a vf39 WRX.
    On the 2.0L yes, 2.5L no.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    8-10 grand is not unheard of for a WRX in any area. Go to cars.com and look for yourself.

    2002 WRX
    another one
    and another one

    The WRX is a great car with tons of modding potential, awesome community and great aftermarket support-- however..it is not a car you buy as an 'investment' or for appreciation. WRXs are cool but lets get off the high horse and jump back down to reality.

    I didn't buy my WRX or my MS3 for residual value, I bought them because they are fun, tunable street cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I never made any claims about mileage. I said a bugeye can be had for 8 grand and then demonstrated that fact.
    111k, 132k and 127k respectively. Most cars '02 cars with mileage in that range are going to go pretty cheap. Not many people buy performance cars with that many miles on the clock unless it's a project car or they plan on dumping a significant amount of $$$ into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    your point was that because you can find an 8k wrx meant they had low resale value, the truth is 8k for a 7 year old 100k+mile japanese sedan is very high.
    +1
    2006 Panty Dropper

    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •