WRX vs Civic Hatch
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Civic Hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, My friend has a 05 WRX stage 1 (Cobb AP and K&N Drop In) and some guy who has ...

WRX vs Civic Hatch

Hi,

My friend has a 05 WRX stage 1 (Cobb AP and K&N Drop In) and some guy who has a Civic Hatch wants to race him. The civic has an H22 (prelude) engine (intake and Exhaust) for what we know. The civic's owner says that it has 200HP but he doesn't know how much to the wheels.

My friend asked me if he should race him and I said that I didn't know because those civics are very light and I don't know how strong those engines can pull.

What do you guys think....?
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if its JUST h22 with intake wrx wins
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oriol
    My friend has a 05 WRX stage 1 (Cobb AP and K&N Drop In) and some guy who has a Civic Hatch wants to race him. The civic has an H22 (prelude) engine (intake and Exhaust) for what we know. The civic's owner says that it has 200HP but he doesn't know how much to the wheels.
    StageI pushes ~200whp/200wtq (+/-5) on the '05. If he can't give you a straight answer about the car (or let you look under the hood), I wouldn't put any money on the race.

Race on the track, cruise on the streets
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

wrxxxxxxxx

you got to find out if he is not runing with the H2B set up which is the prelude engine with a b series tranny which makes it faster than having a h series tranny

Depends on what year of hatch it is. If its and EG it will be very close even with b.p.'s. H2B is a bunch of ****, there is no proven reliability with the drivetrain setup, and its useless unless dot slicks or better are ran.

Just depends on the year of hatch. Eg's with mostly stock H22's can run as fast as low 13's with a good driver......
    Bugeye Mafia #157
    18g + 205 + E = 12.07@116

At 3,000 lbs an intake/exhaust Prelude (H22 vtec) is a high 14sec at 95mph car if not slightly better.

Take 600-700lbs off of that and you're looking at a low 14's if he can't hook up and traps at 100mph or so.
    From a dig you have a good chance unless he's on good tires. From a roll, he is going to walk you.
    He's not making 200whp on that setup, but he's still going to be quick. Power/weight ratio is greatly in his favor... Your primary advantage is simply more traction.

I wouldn't put money on this.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

this is too close to call, seems like a drivers race, what year civic is it? highway - civic wins like the guy above me said, from a dig it will be close.

Cx or a Vx EG w/ an h22 weighs in at about 2175 minus the driver...

My buddy had one for a couple of years and ran consistent high 13's with 100mph traps. His had full interior btw.
    Bugeye Mafia #157

they have a few guys that have them down here in new orleans and when i had my 06 si with h/e/i/hondata i would pull them everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bboylocob View Post
    they have a few guys that have them down here in new orleans and when i had my 06 si with h/e/i/hondata i would pull them everytime.
    Yeah, but just the same... an 06' si with those mods would pull a stage1 wrx everytime as well.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bboylocob View Post

Do you mean KSeriesPro?
    Bugeye Mafia #157

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    StageI pushes ~200whp/200wtq (+/-5) on the '05.
    This is not correct. Stage TWO will get you to 200whp stage one is still 170-185ish area....

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    This is not correct. Stage TWO will get you to 200whp stage one is still 170-185ish area....
    You must be working with heart-breaker dynos.

Your average dyno reads are going to put a stageI wrx in the 185-195whp and stageII will bump that up to 215-225.
    My stage2 made 225whp on the OTS map and just about 240whp on a custom tune... and those numbers are fairly regular.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic on hand, lol. My apologies OP.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I miss seeing true race stories in here rather than all these hypothetical ones. Hope you guys end up going to the track to race and seeing who wins. I think that you can probably take him.

he has a 92 civic hatch and it looks like it has an interior reduction. The engine is a H22 with intake and exhaust. My friend wants to know if an stage 2 would win against the civic?
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.