525i vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 525i vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So a person I know wants to race his BMW 525i against my bugeye WRX, he's got dual cone cold ...

525i vs WRX

So a person I know wants to race his BMW 525i against my bugeye WRX, he's got dual cone cold air intake and a tune, I'm running 18.6 psi full 3' turbo back, lightweight flywheel (9 lbs) and an intake (technically warm air) I was wondering if you think this would be a good race at all from a roll. He's got a slant six in it btw.

For reference I beat him in my 2v 96 mustang gt with a cold air intake and no mufflers by 3 carlengths when he didn't have any mods. He's saying with these mods he's running 12's... I'm calling BS on that one what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's no way he's running 12s in that car. Ask him for the time slips. I bet he doesn't have any.

You won't kill him, but you'll beat him. BMW knows how to make fast cars that make very effective use of their power. If he was in a 325 it might be a better race since the 3 series is so much lighter. Are you sure he's not lying about the tune too? Those engines aren't very easy to add HP to without forced induction or internal changes. Intakes and exhausts usually do very little, so I'm not sure what the tuner would be doing. They could open it up a little bit but a tuner really needs some mods to take advantage of to really release additional power.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

1) This is the wrong section. It goes in WRX vs The World

2) Your friend is stupid. 12's... He would be lucky to break into the mid 14's with those mods.

3) Race him, you're going to destroy him... roll or not.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 01-05-2008 at 08:48 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

why would u get a 525 to race it? ...these babes r to relax while driving them.
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by oriol View Post
    why would u get a 525 to race it? ...these babes r to relax while driving them.
    Sounds like his parents gave it to him or something.

You would be surprised though. A friend of mine from back in the day had a dad with a 525i (not even the 540, lol) and he put on oversized wheels, debadged, and fake duel exhaust/intake/chip and told everyone it was M5... Even though it was automatic.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    A 525i running 12s?

He's probably running low 15s, if that.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    A 525i running 12s?

He's probably running low 15s, if that.
    LOL SO TRUE!

I destroyed one with my 99 Civic SiR back when i had it! (pretty much stock) lol

Thanks for moving the thread btw...

He said it was a 525i but I could've swore it was a 325i when I raced it with the mustang idk though that mustang was just a 2 valve and I'm pretty sure it didn't have the pi swap done to it so it might've been a 525i... oh well whatever.

How much do you think I'll beat him by from a say 10 mph roll up to 100?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    How much do you think I'll beat him by from a say 10 mph roll up to 100?
    Depends on how many crossing guards you have to pass.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

A 3-series and a 5-series are two totally different cars. If it's a small sedan, that's a 3. If it's a big sedan, it's a 5.

A 525 is the wrong car to be racing anyone in. It's just too underpowered to be mistaken for a performance car.

Now in modern terms, I'd gladly take "just" a 535 with the new twin turbo 3.0 instead of the v8 model.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

You could smoke him...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.