Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4

8K views 71 replies 29 participants last post by  302@12psi 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering what would win in a race BOTH BONE STOCK? My friend just bought a SRT-4 and claims he could whoop my ass, in fact he wants to bet me $100. I know its not a lot but im broke lol so dont wanna risk it. I only had my car for a few weeks so im still learning about these cars. I checked a few web sites and apparently SRT-4's trap in the low 100's...YIKES! Compared to our mid 90's. The thing is my friend is new to driving manual so i might be able to pull it off. But with equal drivers does the WRX have a chance from a roll? Or even a dig?

Thanks guys

#2 ·
JDM__WRX said:
Just wondering what would win in a race BOTH BONE STOCK? My friend just bought a SRT-4 and claims he could whoop my ass, in fact he wants to bet me $100. I know its not a lot but im broke lol so dont wanna risk it. I only had my car for a few weeks so im still learning about these cars. I checked a few web sites and apparently SRT-4's trap in the low 100's...YIKES! Compared to our mid 90's. The thing is my friend is new to driving manual so i might be abel to pull it off. But with equal drivers does the WRX have a chance from a roll? Or even a dig?

Thanks guys
SRT-4 should beat the WRX, with equal drivers.

#3 · (Edited)
hes right stock for stock he "whoops your ass" spare yourself $100

if he misses a gear or whatever u might take it back, either way not worth losing $100 or anything

#4 ·
Get a book of matches. Find a metal box. Put money in box. Light match book corner with match. Toss lit match book into metal box with money in it and enjoy.

That would be more entertaining then you getting killed by a SRT-4 and having to hear your buddy for the next 20 years smack talk.

#6 ·
All potential SRT4 joking aside, he will beat you. Do not bet money on this. Get a TBE + EM first and then race from a dig. Sadly, even at stage2 your chances from a roll are "pulling even" at best :sadwave:

#9 ·
now you know its the fastarrzzaazza!!!!:eek:

302 the rest is yours ill see you over in the new srt4 thread shortly

#11 ·
I'm not anti SRT threads...they just turn to crap. This will remain open (as your other one will to) until it flames up.

#14 ·
When stock, i beat stock SRT4's at the track, by several tenths consistently. At stage2, i can put a second or more on them. I also beat similarly modded ones by at least a couple tenths. They always trap higher but just cant hook on a street tire, so they lose.

IBTL

#17 ·
#18 ·
I have a 2007 wrx and raced a SRT-4 on a roll probably at about 45mph. This was when i first had my car and couldnt shift as fast and i pulled on him at first about half a car but then after about 100mph he caught up and got like 1/2 a car on me. btw i was completely stock and i think he had something done to his exhaust.

#30 ·
Your friend needs to learn how to drive then. No SRT4 with exhaust should be losing or just barely winning in a race with a stock wrx. 2.5L or not.

A low trap for an SRT4 is typically 2-3mph higher than the best trap for a stock wrx.

#21 ·
Malaka628 said:
I think i would have had him if i just had em like a i do now.
The '04 WRX has a 2.0L, while the '04 SRT-4 has a 2.4L. You have a 2.5L, and should be able to keep up better. The SRT-4 puts out 240tq, I believe, while the WRX puts out 215-220tq in '04, and 225-230tq in '07.

#23 ·
ElBartoRex said:
A stock 04 wrx does not put out 215-220torque stock...more like 180
I didn't know about wtq on the SRT-4, so I was comparing @ the crank (I found crank numbers for the SRT-4 online, so I used crank numbers of the WRX as well) ;)

#25 ·
ElBartoRex said:
When I got my ms3 dynoed the tech said stock srt4s put out about 230/250 on their dyno, so there you go. The srt4s were underrated by the factory with their crank numbers.
Even more reason why stock-stock they'd beat a WRX :p

That was all the info I could find quick, so that's what I used (damn Edmunds giving me false info :mad:).

Thanks for the correction (so 230/250 is stock whp/wtq?).

BTW - I dig the MS/3. My boss just bought one after his '02 WRX wagon crashed, and it was a pretty sweet car to ride in (I won't let him drive my STi, so I wouldn't ask to drive his lol).

#27 ·
yeah very underrated.... like the cobalts ss (supercharged)... they have more whp then their listed hp/tq on their website.... the 06-07 wrx are also underrated but not by much compared to the srt4/cobalt ss (supercharged). Not to mention the srt4 can get mopar stages...

#28 ·
mine stock dynoed 232/261. any time you see a crank number for either the neon srt4 or now the caliber srt4 just assume its whp. the stock caliber is dynoing high 270s and 250tq.

#34 · (Edited)
Sounds just like hater talk, i been in this car a few times, i drove it too, its NOTHING like a neon, my buddy's car is lowered too, looks so much nicer than a neon, seats are super nice as well, tranny/clutch feel good, handles very well, there is so much torque down low, no lag what so ever just step on it in any gear and the car flies. Car is fully loaded with a sunroof which i like in a car, its a all around great car and dont forget the PRICE, bang for buck is unbeatable.

Im pretty sure he would beat me in a race so i am not putting down any money, wel have a run one of these days and il let u guys know how it goes.

#35 ·
My biggest things with the SRT-4 is: A) The "usual" drivers are teenagers that have no business with that power, and B) Dodge's build quality for the last decade or so - I've known more than a couple Viper owners that have reported bolts vibrating loose from the engine, my parent's car has a wiring harness problem Dodge can't figure out... I know, this can be said of pretty much every brand. I didn't care for the feel of the new Charger when I drove one, and I hope they don't mess up the Challenger - if it goes well, I would test drive one for sure (and hope they bring the 'Cuda next!)

#51 ·
Haha, and you think WRX drivers are more sophisticated and can handle that "power?" Here, let me throw in some examples for you. Last summer about 20 minutes away from where I live, some kid sped down a main road going 110mph in his 06 WRX with 3 passengers in his car. He tried to pass a car, clipped it, went head on into another car killing himself and his 3 passengers. Around August of last year, another 17 year old kid was driving his younger sister and her friend home in his 04 WRX. He was speeding on a main road, decided to pass the car in front of him not realizing there was a truck coming in the opposite lane, swerved out of the way, crashed, killed himself, his sister, and her friend. I see PLENTY of teenagers and young people such as myself (I'm 21 and I still consider myself pretty young) driving WRXs.

#36 ·
ibtl

#39 ·
I pwn everybody.

there, i said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.