04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 fixed it for you. also if anyone ever gets mad at anything that happens on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    fixed it for you. also if anyone ever gets mad at anything that happens on a web forum or even upset at it, they need some help. so what will be the next excuse as the caliber srt4 destroys 06wrxs? its still fwd and looks like it got rear ended by a durango? if having a slower, easier to drive awd car suits your needs more power to you. I'll just never understand where the hate for a certain car while having no knowledge about it comes from.
    A lot of times its jelausy, some of these people probably feel bad that "just a neon" is faster than their wrx (which they paid more for)...

in the end this is a subaru forum so what do you expect, its like posting a topic about an S2000 on a VW site, they will **** all over the car even though its a awesome car that will destroy any VW in every was possible.

Someome close this thread already...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ismegamanthere View Post
    Haha, and you think WRX drivers are more sophisticated and can handle that "power?" Here, let me throw in some examples for you. Last summer about 20 minutes away from where I live, some kid sped down a main road going 110mph in his 06 WRX with 3 passengers in his car. He tried to pass a car, clipped it, went head on into another car killing himself and his 3 passengers. Around August of last year, another 17 year old kid was driving his younger sister and her friend home in his 04 WRX. He was speeding on a main road, decided to pass the car in front of him not realizing there was a truck coming in the opposite lane, swerved out of the way, crashed, killed himself, his sister, and her friend. I see PLENTY of teenagers and young people such as myself (I'm 21 and I still consider myself pretty young) driving WRXs.
    And I can see you can read - I stated this could be said of ANY brand.

LOL, u guys should race my SRT-4, and see who laughs, just never underestimate the "Neon" they dyno bone stock 225-230 whp. my budddys srt went BONE STOCK at the track 13.7 @ 101.6,
    now my srt when i ran it had a slipping stock clutch, and i ran a 13.2@ 107 an these times are on the stock bf goodrich tires which by the way suck, am going DCR stage 3 this summer, and throw some slicks on the car an ill be running mid 11's all day long. so dont hate on the neon, i dont hate on wrx's and stis and evo's, so theres no reason to trash the srt-4. Like one guy told me there the best Bang for the buck, that and we spin 1st 2nd and part of 3rd gear on my car..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXdude973 View Post
    that and we spin 1st 2nd and part of 3rd gear on my car..
    Did you previously own a mustang? They are the only other group of car people that brag about spinning tires.

The whole idea isnt to sit there and spin tires...spinning tires means you arent putting power down to the pavement where it should be.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Did you previously own a mustang? They are the only other group of car people that brag about spinning tires.

The whole idea isnt to sit there and spin tires...spinning tires means you arent putting power down to the pavement where it should be.
    i have suspension mods and solid motor mounts, and still spin..

Oh an no i never own a mustang, i personally hate mustangs id rather have a GTO, IMO, anyways i used to own a 05 STI, now i have a 04 SRT-4, neon..

Ya its a Skittle, so taste this rainbow.. ahaha lol.

LOL, u guys should race my SRT-4, and see who laughs, just never underestimate the "Neon" they dyno bone stock 225-230 whp. my budddys srt went BONE STOCK at the track 13.7 @ 101.6,
    now my srt when i ran it had a slipping stock clutch, and i ran a 13.2@ 107 an these times are on the stock bf goodrich tires which by the way suck, am going DCR stage 3 this summer, and throw some slicks on the car an ill be running mid 11's all day long. so dont hate on the neon, i dont hate on wrx's and stis and evo's, so theres no reason to trash the srt-4. Like one guy told me there the best Bang for the buck, that and we spin 1st 2nd and part of 3rd gear on my car..
    I agree that the SRT4 is a great car which is quite capable and packs enormous potential.... but you have to understand that this is a wrx forum and people are going to hate. And unfortunately we have a lot of elitist pricks here who will down talk everything and anything that is not packing a subaru badge and an awd system.
    It never used to be like that around here

On another note, I wouldn't be bragging about not having traction in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. I don't really understand what that shows except that your car has balding tires and poor traction. The sooner you get traction the faster your SRT4 is gonna be. Granted, poor traction is often a sign of high power, but I wouldn't go around bragging about your lack of traction.
    If you're awd and losing traction, that might be something to smirk about, but a FWD turbo car pushing nearly 300whp and losing traction is nothing to write home about.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

SRT-4 owners around where I live are arrogant kids that slap cheap parts on their cars, turn the boost way up, put annoyingnly loud BOV's on their rides, and pray to God their cars don't blow(which they always do). They are cheap power that fail the test of time. If an SRT-4 wanted to race, I'd waited until it rained, cause those things have horrible traction. I'm only talking this way cause this is a subaru forum, and honestly I hate srt-4's

Honestly there were 2 negative comments about the srt-4 the whole 5 pages. Those 2 comments where its just a neon which get brought up on any site none Srt-4 related. Check club4geclipse.com, s2ki.com, clubrsx.com, eclipseforums.org, 350z-tech.com and any other site and those comments have been made a lot. Point is its a common comment on most sites so it should be nothing new, or something that offends anyone cause I know you have heard it 100 times before. Im not a srt-4 hater I actually think they look nice. So I am having a hard time seeing where all the bashing is in the thread. 5 pages and two its just a neon comments doesn't make a bashing thread. There where literally more comments saying don't hate or stop bashing then actual bashing comments made. The rest was people giving their opinions. Most of the thread every one agreed that the srt-4 is faster stock which was the original point of the thread the rest is fluff and other peoples opinions off topic.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4 View Post
    Unless the race is from 0-50, don't bet anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    now you know its the fastarrzzaazza!!!!

302 the rest is yours ill see you over in the new srt4 thread shortly

Do you guys only post in SRT4 threads or somtin? Because every single one yall chime in for like 10 pages. There should be a sticky that says "SRT4's Are The Shiznit" and be done with it.
    Last edited by PJO42387; 01-10-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    CGM

Ok i think the bashing should stop, i love my car, and i love wrx's sti's, evo's etc.. i always go to the big subie meet in seaside park, every year with my buddys, and ull see every car their including Vw's sti's evo's srt-4's GTO's, etc. and we all get along, so lets stop the bashing, in the end we all love our cars, weather u have AWD, FWD, or RWD. and u can make any car go fast, as long as your pockets arent empty, lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    What a surprise.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.