04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I guess its personal preference, lets face it guys, most people out there find our cars "ugly"...the 02-07 WRX for ...

I guess its personal preference, lets face it guys, most people out there find our cars "ugly"...the 02-07 WRX for example doesn't have those lines that a 350Z or a M3 have, we have heard it everywhere, our cars are not seen as "eye candy" exactly...but perosnally to me they are beautiful!

The SRT-4 looks beautiful as well, in fact if i had to chose id say stock for stock it looks nicer than my 02 WRX, however the WRX has nicer interior, and they are both fast, so i love both cars! And i love that they are both turbo sedans

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also think it is personal preference. I personly think my 2007 WRX looks better than an SRT4 but thats just my opinion. What i think kills an SRT4 is that it is front wheel drive. I had a front wheel drive car and just hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Some people just ignorantly hate dude... Not much you can do about it.

I used to try to change everyones mind and spend hours arguing with them using logic and reason... but at the end of the day, rarely does it all ever matter.

Just take it as part of life I suppose.
    We have a particularly high frequency of elitism among the n00bs here these days.
    i know what u mean by reading around.... in all sorts of forums though. I dont agrue with them though, because like u said its pointless. Even between my own friends i tell them i love a certain type car (e.g. corvettes) and they will answer with i prefer an nsx, etc..... (they have the imports for life mentality) But they do agree with me that a corvette is nice though but answers me a lame excuse why they're into it
    Last edited by dragonwrx1; 01-09-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4 View Post
    And the reason it flames up is because of comments like these...

and I quote

but we must remember at the end of the day its still a dodge neon!

I hate those neons

They might be quick But they are just so lame. It's Still a NEON!!

Just FYI Mr. Moderator, Sir.
    Oh really...gee thanks for breaking that down for me

Honestly I could care less if EVERY SRT-4 thread get's closed. This isnt a Dodge forum and techinical advice never come from these threads. It's basically an off topic area to discuss where you'll get 3-4 people who's only experiance with a SRT-4 is getting beat by one come in here and bad mouth it.

Right or wrong is a moot point. It's a Subaru forum you have to expect some bias towards that platform.

And as long as the debates stay "civil" they are allowed. When people start going on tangents or name calling it breaks the rules.

Just a FYI Sir.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Honestly I could care less if EVERY SRT-4 get's totaled.

Fixed for my preferences.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Jhokur View Post
    My biggest things with the SRT-4 is: A) The "usual" drivers are teenagers that have no business with that power, and B) Dodge's build quality for the last decade or so - I've known more than a couple Viper owners that have reported bolts vibrating loose from the engine, my parent's car has a wiring harness problem Dodge can't figure out... I know, this can be said of pretty much every brand. I didn't care for the feel of the new Charger when I drove one, and I hope they don't mess up the Challenger - if it goes well, I would test drive one for sure (and hope they bring the 'Cuda next!)
    Haha, and you think WRX drivers are more sophisticated and can handle that "power?" Here, let me throw in some examples for you. Last summer about 20 minutes away from where I live, some kid sped down a main road going 110mph in his 06 WRX with 3 passengers in his car. He tried to pass a car, clipped it, went head on into another car killing himself and his 3 passengers. Around August of last year, another 17 year old kid was driving his younger sister and her friend home in his 04 WRX. He was speeding on a main road, decided to pass the car in front of him not realizing there was a truck coming in the opposite lane, swerved out of the way, crashed, killed himself, his sister, and her friend. I see PLENTY of teenagers and young people such as myself (I'm 21 and I still consider myself pretty young) driving WRXs.

Quote Originally Posted by ismegamanthere View Post
    I see PLENTY of teenagers and young people such as myself (I'm 21 and I still consider myself pretty young) driving WRXs.
    +1 and as the price of used WRXs comes down under 10k for some 02-05 WRX there will be more and more young kids with them..
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

another one headed for the crapper. woohoo
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    another one headed for the crapper. woohoo
    If i were you it would amuse me not make me mad. lol

Registered User lifesagamble420's Avatar
    Hello all, I'm not really new to the forums, I just haven't posted very often but I've got a point to make. About 6 or 7 months ago I had a pretty well paying job. Keep in mind I'm a teenager living in the woods of Northeastern Pennsylvania, so a well paying job is anything over 8 dollars an hour. I stumbled upon an srt-4 that had been traded in. I enjoyed the car very much, but I fit the teenager stereotype of not being very familiar with a car of this much torque and well overall "balls." I got a rush from driving it, and signed a 5 year loan the next day. 2 weeks later, the clutch gave out. The thing with these cars, and purchasing them now, being as they no longer make them is the pure fact that they are built to get the **** beat out of them. I replaced the clutch, and well 2 or 3 months later I found myself doing a barrel roll in mid air, and well this isn't really making any sort of point. But yeah I now own an 04 wrx, and that car would've eaten it for breakfast. Quite simply put, I'd much rather have the wrx, with less horsepower, and be able to drive in the snow pretty easily, then have a balls to the wall race car that if I even drove in the snow would end up in a ditch because of the lower gearing torque. I mean when I had the srt if I didn't let out the clutch just right, and revved a little too high I'd have the wheels chirp in 3rd gear. Thats not a very fun thing to have to deal with. WRX ftw, maybe not speed wise, but overall reliability and comfort x10

A few things I must point out after reading this thread…

1. I would NEVER EVER say any neon is anything close to a beautiful a WRX. I mean come on guys… A WRX is absolutely beautiful!

2. I agree with everyone who says… no matter what… It’s still a Neon. Neon’s remind me of when I was 16 and trying to make my Hyundai Excel quick. I’m really not trying to hate… that’s my opinion and I’m SURE there are people who feel the same about a WRX.

On a more personal note…. I believe a contributing factor to why I hate the Neon so much is due to the fact that my S|uT face ex-fiancée that left me for some douch bag drives a Neon. I felt that needed to be thrown out there!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFIRE View Post
    A few things I must point out after reading this thread…

1. I would NEVER EVER say any neon is anything close to a beautiful a WRX. I mean come on guys… A WRX is absolutely beautiful!

:
    Its not beautiful it does have flared fenders and a hood scoop though

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Its not beautiful it does have flared fenders and a hood scoop though

I've been seeing some of your posts lately, you're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by lifesagamble420 View Post
    i cant drive so i blamed the car

fixed it for you. also if anyone ever gets mad at anything that happens on a web forum or even upset at it, they need some help. so what will be the next excuse as the caliber srt4 destroys 06wrxs? its still fwd and looks like it got rear ended by a durango? if having a slower, easier to drive awd car suits your needs more power to you. I'll just never understand where the hate for a certain car while having no knowledge about it comes from.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 01-09-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by JDM__WRX View Post
    I guess its personal preference, lets face it guys, most people out there find our cars "ugly"...the 02-07 WRX for example doesn't have those lines that a 350Z or a M3 have, we have heard it everywhere, our cars are not seen as "eye candy" exactly...but perosnally to me they are beautiful!
    Yeah, the wrx requires a certain taste for it to be appreciated.

It's not the best looking car around, but it's overall package (pre-08' at least IMO) really makes it appealing. There is just something about the car that makes me constantly appreciate it for what it is.

I am sure the same can be said for many other cars.. including the SRT4
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast