04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 04 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Your friend needs to learn how to drive then. No SRT4 with exhaust should be ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Your friend needs to learn how to drive then. No SRT4 with exhaust should be losing or just barely winning in a race with a stock wrx. 2.5L or not.

A low trap for an SRT4 is typically 2-3mph higher than the best trap for a stock wrx.
    It was just some random guy that lived in town and the other day i heard that the same guy rolled his car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They might be quick But they are just so lame. It's Still a NEON!!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka628 View Post
    It was just some random guy that lived in town and the other day i heard that the same guy rolled his car.
    i a friend who srt obsessed he has destroyed 2 neon srt and now has a caliber ordered. his first SRT-4 was rolled street racing, , second was ruined with bad mods and gameboy tune, then totaled by collision with old lady.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Josh04WRX View Post
    Sounds just like hater talk, i been in this car a few times, i drove it too, its NOTHING like a neon, my buddy's car is lowered too, looks so much nicer than a neon, seats are super nice as well, tranny/clutch feel good, handles very well, there is so much torque down low, no lag what so ever just step on it in any gear and the car flies. Car is fully loaded with a sunroof which i like in a car, its a all around great car and dont forget the PRICE, bang for buck is unbeatable.

Im pretty sure he would beat me in a race so i am not putting down any money, wel have a run one of these days and il let u guys know how it goes.
    Last edited by JDM__WRX; 01-07-2008 at 09:18 PM.

My biggest things with the SRT-4 is: A) The "usual" drivers are teenagers that have no business with that power, and B) Dodge's build quality for the last decade or so - I've known more than a couple Viper owners that have reported bolts vibrating loose from the engine, my parent's car has a wiring harness problem Dodge can't figure out... I know, this can be said of pretty much every brand. I didn't care for the feel of the new Charger when I drove one, and I hope they don't mess up the Challenger - if it goes well, I would test drive one for sure (and hope they bring the 'Cuda next!)

ibtl
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    All potential SRT4 joking aside, he will beat you. Do not bet money on this. Get a TBE + EM first and then race from a dig. Sadly, even at stage2 your chances from a roll are "pulling even" at best
    I have beaten 2 stock srt 4's from rolls at stg. 2 . Neither are stock now and I can't even keep up from a dig tuned vs. their bolt-ons.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

I hate those neons

I pwn everybody.

there, i said it.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

may be faster...

but we must remember at the end of the day its still a dodge neon!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'm not anti SRT threads...they just turn to crap. This will remain open (as your other one will to) until it flames up.
    And the reason it flames up is because of comments like these...

and I quote

I hate those neons

Just FYI Mr. Moderator, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM__WRX View Post
    A stock SRT-4 has 230 hp and 250 tq to the wheels...thats a lot of power to the front wheels, no wonder my friend spins in third, and SRT's cant hook at the track...
    Slicks or drag radials will correct that problem. 1.8 60ft here.

Stupid owners just want more power, power, power. Save a couple hundred bucks and buy some cheap rims with slicks, traction problem fixed. Plus there are tons of suspension upgrades for traction now for the srt4 that there is no excuse. Tractions bars, SCT (PSI controlled tune), H brace upgrades, motor mounts, lca bushings, tranny mounts, aftermarket springs and coilovers that prevent squating off the tree, Motor mount inserts, etc etc.

That's why you'll occasionally hear about some dumb ass that has a 600hp srt and still runs in the 11's. LOL. There's guys out there running 11s with 325 hp. Traction is Key.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4

and I quote

I hate those neons

I don't understand what people's beef with the Dodge Neon is. I have a buddy (the family has had 4, 2 of which were totaled due to teenage driving - they would continue to buy them) who currently has 180k on the dial, and has had the car since 70k (probably 30k of the miles are on roads people would only dare to drive a Wrangler on). The only thing that needed any work (other than because of his idiocy) is the head gasket around 100k (which is a common problem with the model) and a new clutch (replaced at 175k).

The SRT-4 Neon was a quick car, available for under $20k sticker. It serves a niche, and it did it well. Personally, I was not a fan of the shifter/pedals (though, I dislike them on my friend's Neon, as well).

Comments like "it's still a Neon" to me sound like someone who's upset he got beat by one
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4 View Post

and I quote

I hate those neons

Some people just ignorantly hate dude... Not much you can do about it.

I used to try to change everyones mind and spend hours arguing with them using logic and reason... but at the end of the day, rarely does it all ever matter.

Just take it as part of life I suppose.
    We have a particularly high frequency of elitism among the n00bs here these days.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4 View Post
    and I quote
    I hate those neons
    Your point is valid, but it's not a personal attack on someone, so not that big of a deal. People are free to dislike a model of car as much as they want.

At the end of the day, the WRX/STI is just a hopped-up Impreza, right?

I respect what Dodge has done with their SRT series of cars, but it's human nature with a lot of these guys to express their envy (for the SRT-4's stock and modded performance) by taking shots at what they perceive to be its shortcomings. I'm quite willing to bet that the same thing goes on at the SRT-4 forums.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast