EVO vs STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO vs STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi If you are keeping them stock it's a preference thing. If you want to make a ...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are keeping them stock it's a preference thing.

If you want to make a drag car neither one is idea but the EVO will make more power dollar for dollar IMHO.

Saying the ride is harsher is like saying only EVO's come in red. Neither one is going to have a comfortable ride like a BMW or Lexus.

Reliablity seems to be on Subaru's side.

The evo appears to handle slighly better as well.

AWD system is fairly equal.

Looks is preference...both are rather childish.

As for the HP remark I do tend to agree. He must have seen the results from the WRX vs. EVO shoot out at Etown. So many 400-500 hp cars that couldnt get out of the 13's. Doesnt mean the car cant but the people who can afford to build a 500 hp car usually arent out dragging them (I know ironic isnt it).

Cant go wrong with either if they fit your budget IMHO.
    +1 like everyone posted above just go test drive both of them and see how u like it. Both are awesome cars
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Both are amazing cars. I agree. the awd systems are so brilliant. it just bothers me that it seems like with each gen, the cars are actually digressing. i mean, the subaru not so much, but the new evo i personally hate. I hate the fact that there is no manual mr trans. I mean, im sure the sport tronic or whatever its called can shift faster than i can in my car, but whats the fun in pushing a button? it makes me feel like im driving in forza 2. And the looks are also getting worse. I dont like the whole "more aggressive shark attack" look. i personally think the 9 looks alot sexier. The sti, i cant say anything as of yet. My uncle just bought the normal impreza after his gto got wrecked in a flood... but the impreza looks like a comfortable everyday car. ive never been in an 08 wrx, sedan or hatch, so i cant base opinions on anything so i wont talk.
    The evo 9 MR, and especially the 07 sti are my two favorite cars that i would love to own / drive besides my z. i love the feeling the awd gives, and it handles like nothing.
    Picking between the two is a hard choice, but i would go with an sti. Mitsubishi dealers are horrible, and i would never work with them. and the subaru is a subaru, and it has a history of being reliable. It also has a more updated look. the evo look, especially interior, is outdated a little bit.
    just my 2 cents.

well as far as owning one of the 2 cars i already have the sti Lol. i just wanted to know which car pretty much got the more bang for the buck, and others opinions. i mean, we all didnt buy our stis/wrxs just to sit in it and drive did we? id hope not. i mean, if you did cool. but i look at my car as a competitor. i bought my sti not only as a DD, but i also bought it to mod it and see what cars i can take on the street or track.

< It's fun on a closed course.
    \/
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian STi View Post
    i mean, we all didnt buy our stis/wrxs just to sit in it and drive did we? id hope not. i mean, if you did cool.
    i dont have a wrx or an sti or a subaru for that matter if i did i would find every patch of dirt and go over it at excessive speeds

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are keeping them stock it's a preference thing.

If you want to make a drag car neither one is idea but the EVO will make more power dollar for dollar IMHO.

Saying the ride is harsher is like saying only EVO's come in red. Neither one is going to have a comfortable ride like a BMW or Lexus.

Reliablity seems to be on Subaru's side.

The evo appears to handle slighly better as well.

AWD system is fairly equal.

Looks is preference...both are rather childish.

As for the HP remark I do tend to agree. He must have seen the results from the WRX vs. EVO shoot out at Etown. So many 400-500 hp cars that couldnt get out of the 13's. Doesnt mean the car cant but the people who can afford to build a 500 hp car usually arent out dragging them (I know ironic isnt it).

Cant go wrong with either if they fit your budget IMHO.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

The Evo is the better race car and has more bang for the buck, if we are talking about 03-07 model years. I have no idea how the new Evo X will respond to mods and it will probably take a couple of years to really see its potential. The 08 STI has the advantage engine wise over the Evo X because the STI 2.5 has been out since 04 now.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Must've just finished watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdXHBi4wHi8

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    haha that's funny

As a former evo owner i will say this, i did mostly bolt ons and tuning and got just up under the 400 mark. drove the car 200 miles round trip to work when i did take it out the garage and really had no issues. i LOVED the car but around 45k miles i got a random misfire code that i couldn't get rid of. bucking, hesistation, random boost were the issues i was having so i got rid of it.

Picked up the STI and its a totally different car. a lil more refined, and cruise control (lol). i told myself i want gonna get mod happy...

current mods
    cobb dp
    APS topmount
    perrin catback
    AP stg 2
    cobb springs
    blah...blah..blah..

anyways im not bias towards either car i love em both. i think you need to just drive both and make a decision on which one YOU like. they both have strong and weak points
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1 View Post
    As a former evo owner i will say this, i did mostly bolt ons and tuning and got just up under the 400 mark. drove the car 200 miles round trip to work when i did take it out the garage and really had no issues. i LOVED the car but around 45k miles i got a random misfire code that i couldn't get rid of. bucking, hesistation, random boost were the issues i was having so i got rid of it.

Picked up the STI and its a totally different car. a lil more refined, and cruise control (lol). i told myself i want gonna get mod happy...

current mods
    cobb dp
    APS topmount
    perrin catback
    AP stg 2
    cobb springs
    blah...blah..blah..

anyways im not bias towards either car i love em both. i think you need to just drive both and make a decision on which one YOU like. they both have strong and weak points
    He already owns an STI, if u read original he was gettin some S*** talkin from an evo biased shop saying STI's are slow an stuff. He just needed some reassurance that his STI didnt suck.

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Cameras and car keys are things that should be handed out with caution, and used with restraint and moderation to prevent idiots from showing the world just how dumb they are.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    Cameras and car keys are things that should be handed out with caution, and used with restraint and moderation to prevent idiots from showing the world just how dumb they are.
    If that happened it would take a lot of the lol out of the internet.

Banned
    I read all of this thread. I just wanted to make sure it was exactly the same as the 135,932,478 threads of the same topic with the same replies. I am relieved to say that it is.

Lol, he sux. he almost cried. i didnt even know a track would let you run a 1/4 with a passenger and a camera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.