07 WRX stage 2 vs. 06 350Z - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX stage 2 vs. 06 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Micah I haven't heard anything about a 400z, though I have heard of the 370z. Source? Links? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a 400z, though I have heard of the 370z.

Source? Links?
    +1. The 400Z may be a concept car but we do know their is a version of a VQ37 already in the G37 so I think the 370Z will be next.
    For Sale :05' WRX WRB with ONLY 14k miles!!!!- TB Custom 3'' Exhuast with Megan Racing Muffler, uppipe, and downpipe. SPT Intake, SSAuto TMIC, Turbo RS High Perfomance and Boost Controller. XPT Stage 2 Tune. Glowshift Boost and A/F Ratio Gauges. Not installed: Auto Dim mirror with homelink, ground wire kit, and turbo timer. $21,000
    03' Acura 3.2TL Type S w/navi - CAI
    For sale:01' Mazda Millenia:, 77k, leather, loaded, $8999

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by highflypilot View Post
    +1. The 400Z may be a concept car but we do know their is a version of a VQ37 already in the G37 so I think the 370Z will be next.
    No no, the 450z was the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by iceagetlc View Post
    No no, the 450z was the concept.
    I've seen that one too.
    For Sale :05' WRX WRB with ONLY 14k miles!!!!- TB Custom 3'' Exhuast with Megan Racing Muffler, uppipe, and downpipe. SPT Intake, SSAuto TMIC, Turbo RS High Perfomance and Boost Controller. XPT Stage 2 Tune. Glowshift Boost and A/F Ratio Gauges. Not installed: Auto Dim mirror with homelink, ground wire kit, and turbo timer. $21,000
    03' Acura 3.2TL Type S w/navi - CAI
    For sale:01' Mazda Millenia:, 77k, leather, loaded, $8999

i have an 03 touring Z and with contiextreme all seasons its not TOO bad on snow. I live in new jersey and have been driving it for 2 years in through the little bit of snow we did get. As long as you remember your front heavy and RWD and not a WRX you can get around. But definately be extremely careful and avoid the snow at all costs.

i have an 07. the hr motor is def. an improvement over the old vq's. ive only gone against a wrx from a dig once, and that was with full passengers. i pulled ahead after 65 mph. I have no idea how it would turn out without passengers.
    the wrx is stage 1, mine had test pipes at the time, but it was running way lean and there were exhaust leaks all over the place. and it was sputtering

Quote Originally Posted by sbzenth View Post
    i have an 07. the hr motor is def. an improvement over the old vq's. ive only gone against a wrx from a dig once, and that was with full passengers. i pulled ahead after 65 mph. I have no idea how it would turn out without passengers.
    the wrx is stage 1, mine had test pipes at the time, but it was running way lean and there were exhaust leaks all over the place. and it was sputtering
    Do you frequent the Z forums?
    Has anyone gotten into the 12's with an 07' on legal tires and bolt ons? I know a guy I used to talk to on the maxima forums was able to go 13.3 @ 106 in his 04 Z with intake, exhaust, header, pulley, plenum, ecu and tune. I was thinking that this same setup should net 12's in the 07's @ 107+.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Has anyone gotten into the 12's with an 07' on legal tires and bolt ons? I know a guy I used to talk to on the maxima forums was able to go 13.3 @ 106 in his 04 Z with intake, exhaust, header, pulley, plenum, ecu and tune. I was thinking that this same setup should net 12's in the 07's @ 107+.
    yes i do but havent heard of 12s yet im sure someone has gotten it
    Last edited by sbzenth; 03-07-2008 at 11:24 PM.

i wish they remade the 240sx with the vq motor... yes that would be very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    yes i do but havent heard of 12s yet im sure someone has gotten it
    According to the verified 14/mil time thread on my350z Theres a couple of people that have made it into the 12's on the pre-07 engine with boltons (one was a 12.3 with a built block and slicks the other was a 12.9 with just boltons and dr's, and one 07 with boltons and drag radials that did a 12.8. It doesn't have any specifics on the mods.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    According to the verified 14/mil time thread on my350z Theres a couple of people that have made it into the 12's on the pre-07 engine with boltons (one was a 12.3 with a built block and slicks the other was a 12.9 with just boltons and dr's, and one 07 with boltons and drag radials that did a 12.8. It doesn't have any specifics on the mods.
    yeah the times on there are under 12 but i havent seen any 07-ups. have u seen them? im sure its achievable. Im getting mine dynoed this weekend hopefully after a few mods. ill share my results.

Mods:
    AAM Test Pipes
    AAM YPipe
    AAM 3" Single Ti Exhaust
    AEM Dual Intakes

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I am waiting for someone on bolt on's + tune to make it into the 12's on stock tires. That would be badass (assuming it hasn't been done yet).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah the times on there are under 12 but i havent seen any 07-ups. have u seen them? im sure its achievable. Im getting mine dynoed this weekend hopefully after a few mods. ill share my results.

Yeah I haven't seen it personally. I was just saying.

Mods:
    AAM Test Pipes
    AAM YPipe
    AAM 3" Single Ti Exhaust
    AEM Dual Intakes
    Makes me want to mod some more!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

good kill,

if you were in boost you prob would have had him by alot more.

I took a G35 by a decent amount from a light tho

Banned
    I've taken a G35 in my stock 05 WRX. Maybe he was a really crappy driver.... But he was smoked at two lights.

Are G35's comparable to 350Z's?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Risquéru View Post
    I've taken a G35 in my stock 05 WRX. Maybe he was a really crappy driver.... But he was smoked at two lights.

Are G35's comparable to 350Z's?
    Comparable, though the Z is a bit quicker by design.
    I owned a G35 for a while, and I've owned 2 WRX's. Once rolling, a stock 2.0 liter WRX would get it's butt kicked by most late model VQ-powered cars. Obviously in a drag race, AWD will be quite an advantage off the line, but I would expect a G to begin to pull on you at some point.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.