07 WRX stage 2 vs. 06 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX stage 2 vs. 06 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by highflypilot My 06' was supposed to govern out at 156 but I had it to 160 before ...

Quote Originally Posted by highflypilot View Post
    My 06' was supposed to govern out at 156 but I had it to 160 before I sold it.
    Was that with the mods?

Also, what did you have done to hit 293whp in the Z?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was with the mods. I had a CAI, true dual exhaust, test pipes, headers, kinetix manifold with a custom spacer, upgraded throttle body with a spacer, nismo grounding wire kit, and a UTEC with a tune.
    For Sale :05' WRX WRB with ONLY 14k miles!!!!- TB Custom 3'' Exhuast with Megan Racing Muffler, uppipe, and downpipe. SPT Intake, SSAuto TMIC, Turbo RS High Perfomance and Boost Controller. XPT Stage 2 Tune. Glowshift Boost and A/F Ratio Gauges. Not installed: Auto Dim mirror with homelink, ground wire kit, and turbo timer. $21,000
    03' Acura 3.2TL Type S w/navi - CAI
    For sale:01' Mazda Millenia:, 77k, leather, loaded, $8999

thats weird i know a few guys with z's/g35's and in a stage 1 rex i always killed them from a roll or from a stop

i guess i just got some skillz huh ?

also to the op try brake boostin
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

nice kill...

"Life Starts at 400 awhp"
    2000 MAXIMA GLE - STOCK
    2006 PONTIAC G6 GT COUPE - STOCK
    2000 FORD F150 XLT - WORK
    1994 MITSUBISHI 3000GT VR4 - 437 AWHP/ 464 FT/TQ SOLD
    1989 TOYOTA SUPRA - STOCK WRECKED

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    thats weird i know a few guys with z's/g35's and in a stage 1 rex i always killed them from a roll or from a stop

i guess i just got some skillz huh ?

also to the op try brake boostin
    Well, if they had the Rev up Engine then who knows. 03-05 Z's came with a 287hp engine which put about 230whp stock. The Rev up came with a 300hp with about 240-250whp stock so I had a little more to work with. In my opinion, a Z doesn't stand a chance against an STI or a modded WRX on the low end. I raced the car salesman I traded my Z to about a month later in my WRX with all of my mods listed below. I smoked the Z up until 110 by a car length or more then he started gaining on me.
    For Sale :05' WRX WRB with ONLY 14k miles!!!!- TB Custom 3'' Exhuast with Megan Racing Muffler, uppipe, and downpipe. SPT Intake, SSAuto TMIC, Turbo RS High Perfomance and Boost Controller. XPT Stage 2 Tune. Glowshift Boost and A/F Ratio Gauges. Not installed: Auto Dim mirror with homelink, ground wire kit, and turbo timer. $21,000

Quote Originally Posted by highflypilot View Post
    Well, if they had the Rev up Engine then who knows. 03-05 Z's came with a 287hp engine which put about 230whp stock. The Rev up came with a 300hp with about 240-250whp stock so I had a little more to work with. In my opinion, a Z doesn't stand a chance against an STI or a modded WRX on the low end. I raced the car salesman I traded my Z to about a month later in my WRX with all of my mods listed below. I smoked the Z up until 110 by a car length or more then he started gaining on me.

Actually the new Z's are more of a competitor for the sti than a wrx is. The new HR motor is rated at 306 hp, however they have proven to be extremely underrated. The 07 and up z's can run mid to low 13's stock all day long with a competant driver.
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by rodriga2 View Post
    Actually the new Z's are more of a competitor for the sti than a wrx is. The new HR motor is rated at 306 hp, however they have proven to be extremely underrated. The 07 and up z's can run mid to low 13's stock all day long with a competant driver.
    Yeah its the difference of old vs new SAE ratings so it has more like 20hp over the 06 revup in the old system. I don't know about sti competition but they are a decent bit faster than the 03-06 z.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I drove the 350z NISMO limited and it felt slow to my Vf39 WRX, I drove to 120 on the test drive. What a great looking car .

I like Z's, but I have never had one kill me in a quick race. even when I was Cobb stg2
    2005 WRB WRX COBB STG 2.5, VF34, STI PINK INJ, STI TMIC, WALBRO FUEL PUMP, COBB UP, INJEN DP, SPT CBE, COBB HEAT SHIELD, COBB INTAKE, STI/SPT 5MT SHORT THROW, GREDDY GAUGES AND TURBO TIMER, COBB SPRINGS, COBB FRONT+REAR SWAYBARS, CUSCO REAR STRUT BAR, ROTORA FRONT+REAR BBK, STI GOLD BBS WHEELS, SPT SHROUD/OILCAP/TIEDOWN, MOMO SHIFT KNOB

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I love the Z. If you didn't need snow tires and weight in the trunk to drive in snow I probably would have bought one. They're not too great in the rain either. My friend who has one and drives like a grandmom slid into a curb in the rain coming out of a convenience store driveway. His tires could have been bald, who knows. I only know two people that have them and they both traded them in b/c of bad rain/snow handling. I wanted to disregard this so bad and just buy one, but the lack of the back seat sealed the deal so I got the WRX. The Z is still a great car, however.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I love the Z. If you didn't need snow tires and weight in the trunk to drive in snow I probably would have bought one. They're not too great in the rain either. My friend who has one and drives like a grandmom slid into a curb in the rain coming out of a convenience store driveway. His tires could have been bald, who knows. I only know two people that have them and they both traded them in b/c of bad rain/snow handling. I wanted to disregard this so bad and just buy one, but the lack of the back seat sealed the deal so I got the WRX. The Z is still a great car, however.

I like my 350Z, I have a 2005 which has 287hp/274tq. My friend Craig at work has a 2005 G35 which has 300hp/260tq and he and I have traded keys and turns in the drivers seat and both agree that the extra torque helps alot down low. I replaced the stock tires after about 22,000 miles with F1-GSD3's and they have been great in the dry/wet. I'd never bother trying to drive the car in the snow - I'd be an asshat for trying since I own a WRX. Still, I've seen people driving them in the snow, so it can be done. I was never impressed with the modding potential of the 350Z and honestly feel that it's fine as it is stock. Though once in a while I do look at APS and JWT's turbo kit offerrings.

Comparing my Z to my WRX

Stock - Z
    Stage 1 - Z
    Stage 2 - WRX from a dig/Z from a roll
    Stage 2.5/IV - WRX
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

This is true. But I was talking about the latest VQ35 in the 06 models, not the HR in the 07's. In all actuallity, the Z and the WRX/STI are in my opinion, the best tuner cars on the market. My opinion may be biased since I have owned both. In all depends on what you want out of a car, a sexy, high speed demon, or a sexy, balls to the wall 4 door that will snap your neck back in no time flat.
    Last edited by highflypilot; 02-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Banned
    The 07 owners have broke into 12's with only DR's, but until the 400z comes out, it'll always be a slight under-performer.

Quote Originally Posted by iceagetlc View Post
    The 07 owners have broke into 12's with only DR's, but until the 400z comes out, it'll always be a slight under-performer.
    I haven't heard anything about a 400z, though I have heard of the 370z.

Source? Links?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a 400z, though I have heard of the 370z.

Source? Links?
    It was in this month's issue of Nissan Sport. My lil Bro works on old Z's and subscribes so I was reading it during the superbowl. No word on production year, though I suspect if it's coming soon, we shouldn't hear later than May.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast