A4 vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on A4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy that i work with drives an A4 and has a stage 2 chip and TBE. He says he's ...

A4 vs WRX

My buddy that i work with drives an A4 and has a stage 2 chip and TBE. He says he's even with STI's in races and pulls on 350z's. He says he's pushing about 22lbs of boost. I have an 07' WRX with catback exhaust and the pointless soundmaker SPT intake. (no EM, no protune)

anyways we finally decide to go out for a few runs and were both thinking that he's gonna win because of his other encounters but it turns out that i murdered him pretty easily. we even gunned it on an empty road from a rolling start and i hit about 115 and he was a good 20 car lengths behind and he said he was stomping on the gas.

so i dunno what it was but my nearly stock subie is pretty damn quick i'm stoked.

does it sound like his car was running at it full potential or is my car just plain faster??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My friend has a 1.8T jetta, same mods, with a protune. beat an STI, but he still pulls hard on me, he has ALOT more torque, so by the time my turbo spools he is a a car-length or two ahead, we did it on the freeway to from 50 mph, went to 3rd, all the way to 5th he was 3 lengths. Those cars can be just as quick, i think something may have been going on with his car, or his driving.
    Last edited by jeffmm06; 12-22-2007 at 11:23 PM.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    My friend has a 1.8T jetta, same mods, with a protune. beat an STI, but he still pulls hard on me, he has ALOT more torque, so by the time my turbo spools he is a a car-length or two ahead, we did it on the freeway to from 50 mph, went to 3rd, all the way to 5th he was 3 lengths. Those cars can be just as quick, i think something may have been going on with his car, or his driving.
    agreed. im not gonna say he shoulda stomped ya, but it defintely shoulda been closer
    "Whatever it takes"

What year is the A4?

Being STI's and 350Z's sound a little crazy, but he should be taking stock (or near stock) wrx's. If you murdered him then something is wrong with this car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

r u sure he has the mods he claims ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

yeah i'm guessing something is wrong with his car. its an automatic, but he was saying that it shouldn't make that big of a difference. previously he had been telling me about boost leak issues but he fixed it and swears his car is stupid fast but maybe it got messed up again

its an 05 A4 and i know he atleast has the full exhaust...maybe i'll interrogate and see about the stg 2 chip, or i'll just drive it and take a peek at the boost gauge

Quote Originally Posted by colorofthewave View Post
    My buddy that i work with drives an A4 and has a stage 2 chip and TBE. He says he's even with STI's in races and pulls on 350z's. He says he's pushing about 22lbs of boost. I have an 07' WRX with catback exhaust and the pointless soundmaker SPT intake. (no EM, no protune)

anyways we finally decide to go out for a few runs and were both thinking that he's gonna win because of his other encounters but it turns out that i murdered him pretty easily. we even gunned it on an empty road from a rolling start and i hit about 115 and he was a good 20 car lengths behind and he said he was stomping on the gas.

so i dunno what it was but my nearly stock subie is pretty damn quick i'm stoked.

does it sound like his car was running at it full potential or is my car just plain faster??

Sounds Like he might have a problem.. I couldent tell I had a problem tell I raced a stock 1.8t and my 1.8t is chiped, tb and fmic and he took me like about 3 cars, but when I found that I had a boost leak I got a remacth and I raped him.. He might wana check for boost leaks.
    Last edited by VDUBHEAD; 12-23-2007 at 11:25 AM.

How do you check for boost leaks? I raced a friend with a civic, and he kept up to me WAYY more than a D16 should. Somethings wrong.

And my MPG's are lower than what most people claim to be their average.
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

Quote Originally Posted by ofbluestar View Post
    How do you check for boost leaks? I raced a friend with a civic, and he kept up to me WAYY more than a D16 should. Somethings wrong.

And my MPG's are lower than what most people claim to be their average.
    Run the car and get a spray bottle with soap and spray all the boost hoses and if there is a leak it will bubble up.. But somtimes when they blow, the hole is big so you could fill around the hoses and you will here air coming out, not really that hard ive just had to pretty much change ever boost hose myself cause I started blowing them alot..lol..
    Last edited by VDUBHEAD; 12-23-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Does that sound like my culprit? I dont want civics walking on me, or even near me. Not in this car.

Im guna check for fouling too. I've been having some hard start ups. I just got this car and its probably time for a tune. I really hope I'm not having compression issues.

How bout spraying with brake cleaner? If i find a leak it should spike my rpms no? ...
    Last edited by ofbluestar; 12-23-2007 at 12:59 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

Quote Originally Posted by ofbluestar View Post
    Does that sound like my culprit? I dont want civics walking on me, or even near me. Not in this car.

Im guna check for fouling too. I've been having some hard start ups. I just got this car and its probably time for a tune. I really hope I'm not having compression issues.
    Haha yeah you dont want those civics near you.. Umm it could be a alot of things, do you feel any lost of power? Our just maybe that civic had lots of mods who knows.. But if your having hard start ups you prob. should check that out..

Its a friends SOHC civic with an intake and exhaust (no gain for civic) I should trash him every time.

Idk if theres any power loss. Idk what this car would've felt like ive only had it a couple months.
    I have a problem where quickly letting off the throttle at high rpm causes one sharp jerk like i tapped the brakes hard. People said that could be caused by a leak. I chalked it up to carelessness.

Also feel my hp fluctuate sometimes on slow acceleration, idk, comparable to how vtec feels when it kicks in in a honda, except reversed like itd be dropping out of vtec say (know subarus dont have vtec). You follow?

And pardon the thread jack.
    Last edited by ofbluestar; 12-23-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

how many miles are on your car bluestar? is it close to tuneup time?

40,000. Tune at 60k?
    Blobeye Syndicate #0222

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.