A4 vs WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on A4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This thread is pretty much the way this subforum has always been. Not sure what it is that you're looking ...

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is pretty much the way this subforum has always been. Not sure what it is that you're looking for; you've got people with a fair amount of knowledge about the VW/Audi world, presenting personal experience, hp graphs, tech input, etc.

If you have something fantastic to contribute, by all means do so.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

-kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I raced an A4 and it exploded!

Please close this thread. You are killing the comparison section with this lame thread.

I personally think we are going to leave this open for a bit.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by ofbluestar View Post
    Its a friends SOHC civic with an intake and exhaust (no gain for civic) I should trash him every time.

Idk if theres any power loss. Idk what this car would've felt like ive only had it a couple months.
    I have a problem where quickly letting off the throttle at high rpm causes one sharp jerk like i tapped the brakes hard. People said that could be caused by a leak. I chalked it up to carelessness.

Also feel my hp fluctuate sometimes on slow acceleration, idk, comparable to how vtec feels when it kicks in in a honda, except reversed like itd be dropping out of vtec say (know subarus dont have vtec). You follow?

And pardon the thread jack.
    We're in the same boat you can check out the links on this thread.

Boost Leak tool?

I've driven another dealer WRX and I can totally tell the difference (and power). The dealer one felt consistent and pulled way harder, with little turbo lag. Mine feels like it hardly pulls until higher end, and fluctuates like yours.

I have yet to build a boost leak tester, and I really want to take it to the dealer and have them test it, when I can spare a day without it.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

Quote Originally Posted by colorofthewave View Post
    because i have the miracle wrx built fast from the factory capable of stomping STI's and 350z's and S7s and bugatti 16.4's hahah just kidding i dunno either he lied, or his races weren't legit because the sti and 350z werent trying, or somethings wrong with his car, or i really do have the miracle wrx.
    No offense to your friend or to your (miracle) car, but somehow I suspect that your buddy is lying or racing parked cars...

My first new car was a 99 VW Passat with a 5 speed and the 1.8 Turbo. It was never modded, but it was a very quick car and that transmission was AWESOME. Super smooth shifting. It was the best transmission I've ever driven. The car also handled really well, though that's not surprising since pretty much any German car does since they're designed to be driven fast. Driven well, that car probably could have done ok against a WRX with an average driver. With a few mods, I'm sure it would have done very well against one. But an STI would kill it.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 12-30-2007 at 09:34 PM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by colorofthewave View Post
    My buddy that i work with drives an A4 and has a stage 2 chip and TBE. He says he's even with STI's in races and pulls on 350z's. He says he's pushing about 22lbs of boost. I have an 07' WRX with catback exhaust and the pointless soundmaker SPT intake. (no EM, no protune)

anyways we finally decide to go out for a few runs and were both thinking that he's gonna win because of his other encounters but it turns out that i murdered him pretty easily. we even gunned it on an empty road from a rolling start and i hit about 115 and he was a good 20 car lengths behind and he said he was stomping on the gas.

so i dunno what it was but my nearly stock subie is pretty damn quick i'm stoked.

does it sound like his car was running at it full potential or is my car just plain faster??
    He is hustling you. Don't race him for money next time.

it turns out he's so bummed he's trading it in for an srt8 jeep now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123