A4 vs WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

This is a discussion on A4 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD Run the car and get a spray bottle with soap and spray all the boost hoses ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Run the car and get a spray bottle with soap and spray all the boost hoses and if there is a leak it will bubble up.. But somtimes when they blow, the hole is big so you could fill around the hoses and you will here air coming out, not really that hard ive just had to pretty much change ever boost hose myself cause I started blowing them alot..lol..
    correct me if im wrong but running the car would only cause vacuum, and would not cause soapy water to bubble but to be sucked in and running the risk of hydro lock.

    the way i know to perform a boost leak test is to attach an appratus to the inlet of the turbo that has an attachment for an air compressor. Fill the pressure pipes up with desired pressure and then spray soapy water on all pressure pipes and vacuum lines.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

    05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030 View Post
    correct me if im wrong but running the car would only cause vacuum, and would not cause soapy water to bubble but to be sucked in and running the risk of hydro lock.

    the way i know to perform a boost leak test is to attach an appratus to the inlet of the turbo that has an attachment for an air compressor. Fill the pressure pipes up with desired pressure and then spray soapy water on all pressure pipes and vacuum lines.
    A vacuum only exists on the input - the atmospheric air.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

  4. #18
    Registered User J-Tuning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    378
    this should have been much closer considering mods stated. I have seen what A4's do here in EU stock and tuned... it's amazing how much torque they have
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

    All We'll Drive

  5. #19
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    it an automatic, by then time the a4 gets some power laid out, the wrx is already gone. Those few seconds can be crucial. ALSO, the audi motor usually has a servo type throttle response, unlike the cable attached to our pedal on the wrx. That takes another second, or two.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  6. #20
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by colorofthewave View Post
    My buddy that i work with drives an A4 and has a stage 2 chip and TBE. He says he's even with STI's in races and pulls on 350z's. He says he's pushing about 22lbs of boost. I have an 07' WRX with catback exhaust and the pointless soundmaker SPT intake. (no EM, no protune)

    anyways we finally decide to go out for a few runs and were both thinking that he's gonna win because of his other encounters but it turns out that i murdered him pretty easily. we even gunned it on an empty road from a rolling start and i hit about 115 and he was a good 20 car lengths behind and he said he was stomping on the gas.

    so i dunno what it was but my nearly stock subie is pretty damn quick i'm stoked.

    does it sound like his car was running at it full potential or is my car just plain faster??
    So is your buddy lying or is there something wrong with his car?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  7. #21
    Registered User silverbullet>>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    G-burg Maryland
    Posts
    280
    I used to work on audi's and they are kinda laggy when you first floor it but once they get rolling they get better. and if his car is a stage 2 2.0 a4 it only has about 240whp and if its a stage 2 1.8 a4 then it only has like 215whp the numbers arent bad but there trannys are made to be smooth and distribute power evenly for and loose acceleration because of that.
    Turbo XS BOV, ERZ Down Pipe, ERZ catback, Cobb intake, Perrin Turbo inlet, Perrin Up Pipe, Walboro 255 fuel pump, Ultimate Racing 680cc injectors, gm boost solinoid, Exedy clutch, thermo tech turbo heat wrap, perrin light weight pulley,TGV delete's, 8mm intake manifold phenoic spacers, TXS racing FMIC, Tial 38mm wastegate
    Tuned By DPS
    http://www.dpstuning.com
    Team Downshift Member

  8. #22
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet>>> View Post
    I used to work on audi's and they are kinda laggy when you first floor it but once they get rolling they get better. and if his car is a stage 2 2.0 a4 it only has about 240whp and if its a stage 2 1.8 a4 then it only has like 215whp the numbers arent bad but there trannys are made to be smooth and distribute power evenly for and loose acceleration because of that.
    they only put out 200hp from the crank stock, maybe 240hp from the crank, not whp, no way a stage 2 audi will have that much power.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    so its a fair race? a stock wrx vs stg 2 A4? it makes sense because the A4 is a tank

  10. #24
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet>>> View Post
    I used to work on audi's and they are kinda laggy when you first floor it but once they get rolling they get better. and if his car is a stage 2 2.0 a4 it only has about 240whp and if its a stage 2 1.8 a4 then it only has like 215whp the numbers arent bad but there trannys are made to be smooth and distribute power evenly for and loose acceleration because of that.
    Laggy? I disagree:



    As long as you're talking about the 2.0T, I mean. I drove that engine and I think it makes most of its torque at 1800 RPMs. Felt very responsive to me.
    2006 WRX TR

  11. #25
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by colorofthewave View Post
    so its a fair race? a stock wrx vs stg 2 A4? it makes sense because the A4 is a tank
    I think the race will depend on the driver and whether the A4 is tuned correctly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    he gave me props because he said every one of my launches and shifts was perfect so i'm guessing my driving isn't much of a problem. but the poor guy says he was thinking about a new car and me beating him was the turning point and now his car is for sale.

    as for the dyno, it doesn't look laggy at all but the numbers arent too impressive it seems. he says his A4 is almost 4,000lbs

  13. #27
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    So what happened to his car since he used to be able to keep up with an STI and beat 350Zs according to what he said, but now he loses to a lowly WRX?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35
    because i have the miracle wrx built fast from the factory capable of stomping STI's and 350z's and S7s and bugatti 16.4's hahah just kidding i dunno either he lied, or his races weren't legit because the sti and 350z werent trying, or somethings wrong with his car, or i really do have the miracle wrx.

  15. #29
    Registered User abhiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    they only put out 200hp from the crank stock, maybe 240hp from the crank, not whp, no way a stage 2 audi will have that much power.
    the 2.0t's are underrated from the factory. see dyno below. and most audi/vw guys only talk of crank numbers...i donno why, thats just how those guys are
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

  16. #30
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    I raced an A4 and it exploded!

    Please close this thread. You are killing the comparison section with this lame thread.

    Go out. Drive your car. And if you get into a skirmish, please post it as a separate thread.

    We are killing this section with bs posts to single thread.


    I'lll start with new thread!

    Please, someone start something interesting here!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •