Yippie! Paper racing! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yippie! Paper racing! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yikes. I've tried being friendly about it, but you seem determined to be hostile. I give up....

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes. I've tried being friendly about it, but you seem determined to be hostile. I give up.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-25-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yikes. I've tried being friendly about it, but you seem determined to be hostile. I give up.
    Yeah Ray...eat it up
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah Ray...eat it up
    Are you hitting on me again, Mike?

Some Christmas wishes do come true.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Are you hitting on me again, Mike?

Some Christmas wishes do come true.
    Told you to keep it to PMs Ray
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    A V6 Altima is the exact reason I modded my rex years back. When stock I couldn't pull on one no matter how hard I smooshed the gas pedal to the floor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    A V6 Altima is the exact reason I modded my rex years back. When stock I couldn't pull on one no matter how hard I smooshed the gas pedal to the floor.
    I like the V6 altima (I owned an '01 Altima for a few years) - almost bought one of the SE-R ones a few years back, but due to my driveway (without putting 320-400lbs of salt down, I got stuck a few times/year trying to get up, even with studded snows - RWD don't even try), I decided to hold off to get the STi (I'm glad I made that choice)
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-27-2007 at 01:40 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    those V6 engines are strong and powerful. Nissan knows how to make a good engine.

Even the 4 cyl is pretty powerful for being an NA 4cyl...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    ahh those peskey altima's, thats why i upgraded to a sti!

Ray stop trying for your own good. Your killing your own brain cells with that argument.

ahh the day we wake up and realize a wrx/sti is no longer considered "fast".
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Has ne 1 put a vtack controler in there wrx? thxx
    i did but it made the "swoosh" sound go away so i changed it back.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

HAHA funny paper racing

each car (new V6 fwd vs wrx) will have its advantages - the V6 fwd guys will be better on gas and a bit faster than the stock wrx, but the handling in off weather conditions and stick you to the seat acceleration will be given to the wrx, its too bad the wrx weighs so darn much

Quote Originally Posted by SVTorWRX View Post
    its too bad the wrx weighs so darn much
    indeed, when you making the swith to a wrx (comming from a guy that traded his SVT focus for a wrx 6 months ago)

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcruiser View Post
    putting v6's in an altima is silly...it has enough pickup with the 4 cyl to get your family around town imho. waste of gas to run a v6.
    At least I'm not the only one to feel that way. People got by just fine for a long time driving family cars that did 0-60 in two days. Now everybody has to get their family 0-60 faster than a cheetah.
    Timeline:
    1960s - Muscle cars are the shiznit. Gas mileage? What's that?
    1970s - Oil crisis - Gas? What's that? They still sell it? Say hello to the Japanese compact car.
    1980s - America's still recovering from the oil crisis and cars are becoming aerodynamic. Fuel economy is still king.
    1990s - The economy is booming and gas is once again cheap. HP starts to climb. Say hello to the SUV and the 300 HP family sedan. Fuel economy? I can't hear you from way up here in my H1!
    2000s - Global warming and rising oil prices - People have gotten used to having HP in their cars and are clinging to it desperately, but hybrids start to take hold. Fuel economy is where it was 30 years ago. EPA starts to mandate fuel economy standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    those V6 engines are strong and powerful. Nissan knows how to make a good engine.

Even the 4 cyl is pretty powerful for being an NA 4cyl...
    Yes, Nissan knows what they're doing. My wife used to have a 2002 Sentra and it was a great car. The 4 cylinder had tons of power and it drove really well.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The harsh truth is that there are several inexpensive V6 sedans on the market that can run with (or beat, depending on circumstances) a stock WRX. Once rolling, my wife's 250hp V6 minivan can pick up speed pretty impressively. Life goes on.
    My moms buick rainier or however you spell it pulls like a beast
    Hoping the cobb ap will make my 07 rex pull harder than it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    2000s - Fuel economy is where it was 30 years ago. EPA starts to mandate fuel economy standards.

I dont think there is a mid to low 13 second car from 30 years ago that could get 23-27 mpg on a regular bases.

Not to mention any of the well geared LSx platforms.

Mileage today is no where near mileage was 30 years ago. We have faster cars that usually run longer and get ALOT better MPG's.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    At least I'm not the only one to feel that way. People got by just fine for a long time driving family cars that did 0-60 in two days. Now everybody has to get their family 0-60 faster than a cheetah.
    No one's really questioning whether or not family cars needed to be fast, that's something WRXCruiser concocted to try to save a losing argument. The topic was about how quick the V6 sedans on the market are compared to a WRX.

Having said that, technology moves on. The 250hp in our minivan would probably thrash many of the WRX's on this forum in a roll-on from 30 to 60mph. (nice, flat V6 torque curve...) I think that it's cool that when I go on a trip, I've got great passing power (which I see as a safety feature to some extent), car-like handling, ability to haul 7 people or a lot of stuff, and get 25mpg on the highway.

Cars are also MUCH safer than when I first started driving.

If I really WANTED awesome mileage, those vehicles are available to me in the form of Prius's, etc. I guess I see automotive progress in a fairly positive light, compared to you..?
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 01-03-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast