Yippie! Paper racing! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yippie! Paper racing! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by efmd3 270 peak HP as the enginerd you are and i am becoming, peak HP isn't everything ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    270 peak HP

as the enginerd you are and i am becoming, peak HP isn't everything
    You're saying that the powerband of the Altima's 3.5 V6 is peakier than that of the WRX? Seems unlikely, given my experiences with Nissan's VQ series engines. I don't have the graph to show it, but I'm thinking that the area under curve for the Nissan > that of the WRX.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As long as we are paper racing, MT says the 08 is good for a 5.6 second 0-60.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...x/details.html

C&D says 5.7-5.8 I think. Too lazy to post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    ....peakier ....
    My new favorite word.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    My new favorite word.
    peakier

It's from the French, meaning "power delivery in the style of Honda engines"
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    peakier

It's from the French, meaning "power delivery in the style of Honda engines"

Écouter, mes amis! Il est la ricer peakier..l'honda répugnant!!
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-22-2007 at 01:18 PM.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

The new Altima V6's have 270hp, pushing a car that weighs between 3200 and 3300 pounds. Sounds pretty formidable to me, when compared to stock WRX specs.

well lets try this again....a v6 altima...dont mess with if you have a stock wrx. however, how many altima's are a v6? i know my gf's altima is a 4 cylinder and my stock wrx would walk all over that thing when we would just be playing around on an on ramp to the highway.

putting v6's in an altima is silly...it has enough pickup with the 4 cyl to get your family around town imho. waste of gas to run a v6.
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

I couldn't shake off a V6 Altima in my 4eat. We we dead even. I'll probably lose now to the new 270 hp Altimas.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcruiser View Post
    well lets try this again....a v6 altima...dont mess with if you have a stock wrx. however, how many altima's are a v6? i know my gf's altima is a 4 cylinder and my stock wrx would walk all over that thing when we would just be playing around on an on ramp to the highway.

putting v6's in an altima is silly...it has enough pickup with the 4 cyl to get your family around town imho. waste of gas to run a v6.
    Okay, bear with me, I'm trying to follow your logic, here. The WRX is a better car than the Altima V6 because the Altima doesn't deserve a V6?

Using this logic, couldn't a Civic Si driver say that his car owns the WRX, because it doesn't really need a turbo to drive in the snow?

There are lots of Altima V6's out there, and they're plenty quick. That's pretty much the bottom line.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Okay, bear with me, I'm trying to follow your logic, here. The WRX is a better car than the Altima V6 because the Altima doesn't deserve a V6?

Using this logic, couldn't a Civic Si driver say that his car owns the WRX, because it doesn't really need a turbo to drive in the snow?

There are lots of Altima V6's out there, and they're plenty quick. That's pretty much the bottom line.

all im saying is, you cant classify all altima's as a v6 b/c a lot of them arent. so with that said, it matters which model you are racing.
    its not true to say all altima's beat a stock wrx.

Plus juan to what Ray said.

So if you're comparing different trim levels of an Altima to different trim levels of an Impreza, how would an I4 Altima compare to an naturally aspirated base Impreza? Is it worth comparing the two as (relatively) efficient economy cars?

For the record (as a former driver of a VQ-powered car), they have a fairly large amount of area under the curve and still manage good fuel economy. I get much better gas mileage with my Maxima than I do with my WRX.

Who is to say that someone who wants to haul groceries around or take their kids to school doesn't want a bit of power to, and thus does not deserve a V6 in their Altima (or a turbo in their Impreza, for that matter)?

all im saying is, you cant classify all altima's as a v6 b/c a lot of them arent. so with that said, it matters which model you are racing.
    its not true to say all altima's beat a stock wrx.
    A lot of Imprezas aren't WRX's and don't have a turbo. It's not true to say all Impreza's can beat all 4 cylinder Altimas, either. I personally think it's fair to compare a V6 Altima to a turbo WRX (despite the fact that they are marketed very differently.)

please just delete this thread already!
    out of control.

I Support ClubWRX
    Has ne 1 put a vtack controler in there wrx? thxx
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    out of control.
    Not at all. It's quite entertaining. Near as I can tell, you have great loyalty to your WRX, and have created a world view that keeps it on top. More power to you, I suppose.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    out of control.
    Out of control?

This appears to be one of the better controlled ones.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Not at all. It's quite entertaining. Near as I can tell, you have great loyalty to your WRX, and have created a world view that keeps it on top. More power to you, I suppose.
    no, again let me repeat myself for the third time, all i was saying is the altima is either a 4cyl or a v6 and not ALL altima's beat a stock wrx. its a fact, eat it up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.