STi vs Evo (Handling) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

This is a discussion on STi vs Evo (Handling) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi You are half way their....he never owned a STI just a highly modded WRX. Depending on ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    You are half way their....he never owned a STI just a highly modded WRX.
    Depending on the mods, a WRX could be made to equal or exceed an STi in handling.
    Last edited by Pavia; 12-15-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Depending on the mods, a WRX could be made to equal or exceed an STi in handling.
    Yeah and a Pinto could beat a Viper in 0-100 mph....


    It comes down to ease, cost, warranty, class you may or may not be racing in, and several other issues.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  4. #18
    Registered User WRX_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18
    I got my 06 brand new. Cost me 28k for a limited. They were asking 36k for the STi they had. I have beaten many a stock STi with my WRX. Yes I had to mod my WRX in order to do it. But I haven't put 8k (the difference) into my WRX. Maybe 3k so far. The only thing that makes the STi's worth buying is the transmission. Which I have been able to find (thanks to my friends in england) for cheap. Like 2500 shipped. So that will make 5500 bucks total. Saving me 2500 bucks. STi's are nice. But are they all godly and powerful compared to the WRX? Hell no.

    Now with the Evo vs. WRX/STi issue. Are evos faster stock? Yes. Are they more responsive to mods? Yes. Do they handle better stock? Yes. Are they a subie? No. And thats why they will never beat a WRX/STi. Subaru ftw fellows. Like my good friend always tells me about our subies... "Its not a car, its a culture."
    2006 WRX Limited
    Tuned By: Bnice01 @ www.southeasternawd.com

  5. #19
    Banned Subie do's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Posts
    2,595
    ^^^
    Every group has their fair share of D-bags. Trust me, I've seen plenty from the Subaru side.

    As for the question:

    There really is no answer to this question. It's either Playstation or Xbox, mac or PC, up down, hot cold, sunny side up or scrambled, mcdonalds or burger king, EVO or STi. You could do one thing to the other and some might argue it's "better."

  6. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Chris View Post
    I got my 06 brand new. Cost me 28k for a limited. They were asking 36k for the STi they had. I have beaten many a stock STi with my WRX. Yes I had to mod my WRX in order to do it. But I haven't put 8k (the difference) into my WRX. Maybe 3k so far. The only thing that makes the STi's worth buying is the transmission. Which I have been able to find (thanks to my friends in england) for cheap. Like 2500 shipped. So that will make 5500 bucks total. Saving me 2500 bucks. STi's are nice. But are they all godly and powerful compared to the WRX? Hell no.


    And if your motor blows is Subaru going to warranty it?

    The STI/WRX debate is rather logical and I'm not going to run this thread off topic to post view points that A) Wont change and B) Have been said/proven many times before.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  7. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    ^^^
    Every group has their fair share of D-bags. Trust me, I've seen plenty from the Subaru side.

    As for the question:

    There really is no answer to this question. It's either Playstation or Xbox, mac or PC, up down, hot cold, sunny side up or scrambled, mcdonalds or burger king, EVO or STi. You could do one thing to the other and some might argue it's "better."
    +2.....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  8. #22
    Registered User Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    90
    humm... guess evo handle better mostly because it actually has a better chassis design.

    I didn't mean to start a thread to compare about which one is better or what. Since Evos are Evos, Subies are Subies, they are both very good car.
    But the fact is, they are both very similar car, but they do handle very different actually. I would love to hear somebody who had experience both car and do some compare about both car, cuz I am really very interested in how both car actually feel like when driving hard.

    Thanks for the reply so far, very helpful
    2005 Blogeye - STi @ Cobb Stage 2
    Tanabe Medallion Touring Catback, ERZ downpipe
    Stance GR+ Coilover, Cusco F/R Swaybar, Kartboy F/R Endlink, Cusco Front Strut Bar, STi Rear Strut Bar, RE-01R

  9. #23
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yeah and a Pinto could beat a Viper in 0-100 mph....


    It comes down to ease, cost, warranty, class you may or may not be racing in, and several other issues.
    Agreed.

    But based on this, adding suspension upgrades is something that can be effectively done to cars of this type (say WRX, EVO, STi, etc.) within a reasonable range of ease and cost.

    I'd say the real question (in keeping with the OP topic) would be which car between the Evo and Subaru might benefit most from handling mods. In this case, my guess would be that the Subie would see the bigger gains going from stock setup to say...sways, springs or coilovers, tire upgrade, and a good alignment job.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  10. #24
    Registered User virpacalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    in the slow lane
    Posts
    317
    It terms of dry road handling (times, speeds, braking distances, g's, etc.), whenever I've seen comparisons between the old EVO's and STI's, the results have been close -- many saying it's a matter of taste, style, or brand loyalty. However, I've wondered what the results would have been if our stock STI ran with a 235 tire: everything else the same. I've also wished the STI came with a quicker steering ratio and more aggressive camber settings for the front.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

  11. #25
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    My biggest problem with Subarus are their terrible steering ratio. I want a tighter car.
    2006 WRX TR

  12. #26
    Registered User sti 701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Grand Junction / Denver, CO
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    And if your motor blows is Subaru going to warranty it?

    The STI/WRX debate is rather logical and I'm not going to run this thread off topic to post view points that A) Wont change and B) Have been said/proven many times before.
    This is kind of on topic. a guy around here bought a evo mr edition. brand new. and he beat the **** out of it, HE is a total douche bag, doesnt know the first thing about cars or tuning. anyways he Dominated the transmission and played dumb to the dealer ship and they BOUGHT IT BACK FROM HIM FULL PRICE.... now he has a rx-8 with exhaust.......... sweeeet

  13. #27
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by sti 701 View Post
    This is kind of on topic. a guy around here bought a evo mr edition. brand new. and he beat the **** out of it, HE is a total douche bag, doesnt know the first thing about cars or tuning. anyways he Dominated the transmission and played dumb to the dealer ship and they BOUGHT IT BACK FROM HIM FULL PRICE.... now he has a rx-8 with exhaust.......... sweeeet
    Ive heard of mitsubishi replacing a center differential 3 times on one guys evo, Can you say AWD drifto Subaru would have none of that i would bet.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  14. #28
    Registered User WRX_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    And if your motor blows is Subaru going to warranty it?

    The STI/WRX debate is rather logical and I'm not going to run this thread off topic to post view points that A) Wont change and B) Have been said/proven many times before.
    Ah your must be an STI owner.
    2006 WRX Limited
    Tuned By: Bnice01 @ www.southeasternawd.com

  15. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Chris View Post
    Ah your must be an STI owner.
    How did you guess....


    I made the switch from a 06 wrx LTD......so I have experiance with both.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  16. #30
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    That really doesn't matter though, 90% of the people who buy an STI or an Evo are going stay on pavement the entire life of the car. I think its a matter of opinion than performance. If I were going to build a race car I would jump at the Evo because it seems easier to make it into one. But I think the STI is a much nicer street car.
    it matters to me and everyone else who <3's dirt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •