MY06 wrx v. 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee? would i win?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY06 wrx v. 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee? would i win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an ...

MY06 wrx v. 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee? would i win?

hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an 06 wrx about a month ago and am loving every minute of it right now i've got ap stage one w/ a cat back in the mail.. it would be the dp in the mail except their on back order so ill just get one when its back in stock... but enough about me lol this guy i know has a 1998 5.9 jeep grand cherokee with a throttle body and headers and an exhaust besides the headers the exhaust is just a catback i think but im not sure it might be the whole system he wants to race me and is getting rather cocky about it i proposed a little wager *or a lotta wager if he's up to it* i said id match whatever he puts down but if he puts down a low number it means he's nervous lol i think i have a pretty damn good shot at beating him considering a 1000 lbs less and have more hp and only 40ftlbs torque less than his stock idk what the parts he has on would give but i would like to know if u guys think this is a joke race and i should milk it for all i can get im in no way friends with the guy and would like nothing more than to race for slips lol *watching too much of the fast and the furious* any opinions would be appreciated i should have the cat back on to race him! but still sadly no dp til mid january!
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A word of caution: I think the SRT-4 people make the Jeep. It will probably run low 10s with those mods on street tires. You will lose.

However, if you guys race in a school zone, everybody wins.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

gil
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    hey guys i have what i think is a really easy money-making oppertunity on my hands.. i just got an 06 wrx about a month ago and am loving every minute of it right now i've got ap stage one w/ a cat back in the mail.. it would be the dp in the mail except their on back order so ill just get one when its back in stock... but enough about me lol this guy i know has a 1998 5.9 jeep grand cherokee with a throttle body and headers and an exhaust besides the headers the exhaust is just a catback i think but im not sure it might be the whole system he wants to race me and is getting rather cocky about it i proposed a little wager *or a lotta wager if he's up to it* i said id match whatever he puts down but if he puts down a low number it means he's nervous lol i think i have a pretty damn good shot at beating him considering a 1000 lbs less and have more hp and only 40ftlbs torque less than his stock idk what the parts he has on would give but i would like to know if u guys think this is a joke race and i should milk it for all i can get im in no way friends with the guy and would like nothing more than to race for slips lol *watching too much of the fast and the furious* any opinions would be appreciated i should have the cat back on to race him! but still sadly no dp til mid january!
    Man , I should hope you'd win
    With great power comes great responsibility

Are you kidding me? It's a f'ing jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    A word of caution: I think the SRT-4 people make the Jeep. It will probably run low 10s with those mods on street tires. You will lose.

However, if you guys race in a school zone, everybody wins.
    r u fcuking kidding me? idc what u do to it a 4200lb jeep is a 4200lb jeep stock it runs 16.8 lol the new fast jeep is the srt-8 pumpin out 425hp stock so i hear the 5.9 is quoted on car/driver at 245 but i hear on forums that that is understated but still! lol no way low tens sorry teg nice line at the bottom though!

srt didn't exist back in 98 i dont think i may be wrong though

You know he was kidding right?

I dont know the numbers on the jeep but my roomate in college had an 00 Overlander which I think were 5.7 liter V8s and that truck was a rocketship. I was in the car with him when he walked a 330xi with ease. That being said I think your Rex should take him but I wouldnt be overly confident. Anything could happen.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

lol +1 on the kidding. Sure its a jeep but it isnt the slowest thing around. It puts out 345 ft lbs of torque. You may get it from the start granted your driving skills, but he may pull on ya in the end.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

hah ok im sorry if u were joking i didn't realize it lol jeff i think u have it backwards tq is basically accelleration him having more torque than me would mean he pulls quicker off the line but i would pass him in the long run being as i have more hp but we'll see idk what kinda numbers hes pushing but im assuming i shouldn't have too much trouble im not amazing at driving stick but i can hold my own so we'll see so u guys think its not quite in the bag? i killed an 01 mustang v6 the other day from a roll of like 25 just throwin it out there lol! more opinions on the race please i would like to hear from jeep enthusiasts b/c i dont know what a throttle body is but im assuming its a common place upgrade part on a jeep.

u both loose
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

IT'S A F'ING SUV!!!

You climb rocks, pull boats, and go camping. Top end? People, this is a SUV were talking about here. Don't play it out to be better than it really is.

My dad has headers and exhaust on his 99 tahoe, I dont think he goes out looking for "kills."

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    u both loose

when Jeeps race OPEC Wins
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

lol OPEC? im guessing something about the environment or oil prices haha

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    when Jeeps race OPEC Wins
    this is true
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    this is true
    +billion

To the OP. If you don't granny shift and double clutch like you should you will win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast